Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be pretty happy with Sims for a year at cut price rate.

I feel like he can be that impact forward off the bench that we need. He was basically called upon to be the forward leader last year at Newcastle and showed glimpses of being able to impose himself in the middle and trying to lead with big hits.

With Blair, Sammy and moose out there with him he wouldn't be going it alone.

Agreed.

It's not the greatest signing but I don't think there are any better options available right now.

Gives us a somewhat seasoned prop to help plug the holes left in the middle. I don't expect him to go gang busters but hopefully he can at least steady the ship while Ofa/Ese'ese/TPJ find their groove.

I had previously stated we needed two to step up, but if Sims holds his own then we are in much better stead.

Can't be worse than Kennedy.

Sims has shown a lot of ability in the past. He is now at an age where he should start coming into his own.

He should be coming to Brisbane hungry to prove a point, will have some of his salary paid for and will be coached by someone known for getting the best out of props.

If he wants to come, it would be a very astute signing, very little to lose even if he does flop but a lot to win if he finds consistency.

Korbin is just like Tariq, lots of hype about him but isn't able to do it consistently. Tariq is more excusable because of the injuries he has had but Korbin has had a lot of luck in that department and hasn't been able to perform on a weekly basis. Bennett could be able to do something with him so a minimum wage it could be ok but it wouldn't be something I would have full confidence about.

A good trivia question that.

Was it Alwyn Simpson in 07?

Moylan, Williams, Manihera could be exceptions, but I believe they had some form of affiliation prior to their debuts.

Moylan, Williams, Manihera could be exceptions, but I believe they had some form of affiliation prior to their debuts.

Yep pretty sure it is

So we've lost Parker, Wallace, Hunt, and Roberts, and signed Mead, Marshall, Sims, Dodds and Moga, all on minimum deals. You'd have to think there's a good $1 million surplus there.

At least half of that will go into re-signing players you'd have to imagine?

At least half of that will go into re-signing players you'd have to imagine?

Yeah, Milford and Oates will need upgrades. Blair & Boyd are already on decent money so re-signing will have no net effect.

So we've lost Parker, Wallace, Hunt, and Roberts, and signed Mead, Marshall, Sims, Dodds and Moga, all on minimum deals. You'd have to think there's a good $1 million surplus there.

Who said we lost Roberts?

McGuire & Kahu are both due an upgrade as well.

Mead, Arrow, Ofahengaue & Pearson could all be due for a payrise as well.

Who said we lost Roberts?

As much as I wish this last incident didn't happen, and want him to have stayed and improved mentally, he's gone. Just waiting for the life support to be switched off.

How are Mead and Pearson due to for a payrise? 1 hasnt even played a game for us and the other only played a handful lol

They all did off-seasons.

Just in time for the salary cap rise :)

How are Mead and Pearson due to for a payrise? 1 hasnt even played a game for us and the other only played a handful lol

Which is why I said could be.

Depends on how they perform this year.

Sign this man
A5b68cd7c4ccce772783cfb9827ce814

Kevin Naiqama? Good player but not sure we need another winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • KickHaas
  • BroncosAlways
  • PETERN
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • thenry
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.