Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Luring Cam Smith to the club may not be as far fetched as first thought.

he has reportedly relocated his family to SE QLD, put his kids in schools up here and his misses is looking for property.

while retirement looks to be the most likely option, he may be able to be tempted to hold off for a year or two, for the right offer
how funny would it be if we're the bridesmaid one last time and he signs with the titans instead. we'd somehow look even more pathetic than we currently do.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
how funny would it be if we're the bridesmaid one last time and he signs with the titans instead. we'd somehow look even more pathetic than we currently do.

well the Titans paid 1.25 million for Fifita ... they'll probably need to offer $2 million a year for Cam Smith

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Apparently they’ll try to get him too the bastards

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I can see him ending up at the Titans I'm afraid. His kids are in school at the Gold Coast not Brisbane and one of his very good mates Matt Geyer is also based down there. I'm sure both the wives were also besties when Geyer was in Melbourne. Add to this the great relationship he had with Mal while he was QLD/Aus. captain and it looks like he's already made up his mind.

Of course he'll string us along to make us look like the absolute amateurs that we've turned out to be.

I am so pissed off with our club at the moment. The place is falling apart at the seams and all we're getting from the club is this frikkin fiasco setup by money hungry lawyers (to string Pies along for another few hundred grand) relating to rumours about our failed coach.

Players are losing heart, players are falling over injured like flies due to either poor training or poor systems management, club discipline is at an all time low as evidenced by us being slugged the biggest fine in our history, we've lost one of our most promising forwards to the Titans and our other second rower is so disinterested he felt fine showing no form of contrition to the NRL integrity board.

We're all waiting to hear what the club is planning to do with a view to rectifying this never-ending, omni-shambles and all we are getting is lawyer driven innuendo from radio Broncos.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I can see him ending up at the Titans I'm afraid. His kids are in school at the Gold Coast not Brisbane and one of his very good mates Matt Geyer is also based down there. I'm sure both the wives were also besties when Geyer was in Melbourne. Add to this the great relationship he had with Mal while he was QLD/Aus. captain and it looks like he's already made up his mind.

Of course he'll string us along to make us look like the absolute amateurs that we've turned out to be.

I am so pissed off with our club at the moment. The place is falling apart at the seams and all we're getting from the club is this frikkin fiasco setup by money hungry lawyers (to string Pies along for another few hundred grand) relating to rumours about our failed coach.

Players are losing heart, players are falling over injured like flies due to either poor training or poor systems management, club discipline is at an all time low as evidenced by us being slugged the biggest fine in our history, we've lost one of our most promising forwards to the Titans and our other second rower is so disinterested he felt fine showing no form of contrition to the NRL integrity board.

We're all waiting to hear what the club is planning to do with a view to rectifying this never-ending, omni-shambles and all we are getting is lawyer driven innuendo from radio Broncos.

chin up, our board has backed Seibold again today 👍

In all seriousness though, if they continue to back him beyond this season the club deserves all the continued failure and ridicule it gets

Last edited:
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

Nailed it.

Everyone involved needs to go. They’ve turned the biggest club with the most money and best resources into a clown show. They will not be capable of turning it around.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
What Titians get rid of some Qcup kind of players then they have unlimited salary Wtf.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so i just saw a video from NRL 360 when Lara Pitt (i think it was) said that Brandon Smith also has a release clause in his contract should Cam Smith play on in 2021.

if that's true, we should definitely be making some discreet inquiries

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
so i just saw a video from NRL 360 when Lara Pitt (i think it was) said that Brandon Smith also has a release clause in his contract should Cam Smith play on in 2021.

She didn't sound sure of that at all though.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Monday night on NRL 360:

James Hooper: 'I'm being told that Anthony Seibold made some calls over the weekend in regards to enquiring about the availability of Melbourne Storm young gun Brandon Smith.'

Ben Ikin: 'Wow, that would be a huge coup by the Broncos'

James Hooper: 'Unfortunately, I'm hearing that all Seibs got out of the conversation was "I'm just a receptionist sir, I have no idea if Brandon Smith has a get-out clause in his contract", so... watch this space.'

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Monday night on NRL 360:

James Hooper: 'I'm being told that Anthony Seibold made some calls over the weekend in regards to enquiring about the availability of Melbourne Storm young gun Brandon Smith.'

James Hooper: 'Unfortunately, I'm hearing that all Seibs got out of the conversation was "I'm just a receptionist sir, I have no idea if Brandon Smith has a get-out clause in his contract", so... watch this space.'

I watched NRL360 last night and don't remember that happening. Was it in the last 15 minutes?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I watched NRL360 last night and don't remember that happening. Was it in the last 15 minutes?

He is joking lol. Although it shows you how ridiculous Hooper is that it is somewhat believable. Just needed to though in some “in the fair dinkum stakes” or “he’s had a loose carry” to complete the true Hooper experience.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

I can totally see this scenario playing out. What have we currently got to offer smith?

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Monday night on NRL 360:

I wish I could laugh but this is almost certainly not far from how it probably went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • azza.79
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.