Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It depends for me. How can I as a man still go for the Broncos if I have spent a lot of time over the last 4 years spreading hate about Melbourne for what they did? Answer is I can't.

If it's systematic like Melbourne, I will never watch Rugby league again, besides maybe Origin. But I can live with a **** up.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I made a point of specifying "serious wrong doing". I mean Melbourne storm level not a slight oversight.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Kinda hoping it to be true so we can sweep a broom through the club, we haven't been a top club for a little while now and this would shake things up significantly.

I'd still support the club though, I don't watch derive morality from watching sport, it's simply there to entertain me.

Last edited:
austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
I can't understand how some people would dump this great Club and stop supporting them because of this. Just because we have a few peanuts running the club at the moment doesn't mean you just stop loving the club that has given you so much joy over the years.

For me I think we just fix this. Get rid of the responsible parties and move on. And if they could take Mr Griffin with them that would be great.

The Broncos are a big part of my life and although I don't agree with who's coaching or some of the selection/recruiting over the past few years. Doesn't mean I would give up on them and throw them away like a dirty rag. If you love a club, You don'thave a choice.....You take the good days and the bad days IMO..

Rant over. Bring on Manly

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I can't understand how some people would dump this great Club and stop supporting them because of this. Just because we have a few peanuts running the club at the moment doesn't mean you just stop loving the club that has given you so much joy over the years.

For me I think we just fix this. Get rid of the responsible parties and move on. And if they could take Mr Griffin with them that would be great.

The Broncos are a big part of my life and although I don't agree with who's coaching or some of the selection/recruiting over the past few years. Doesn't mean I would give up on them and throw them away like a dirty rag. If you love a club, You don'thave a choice.....You take the good days and the bad days IMO..

Rant over. Bring on Manly

I'm completely with you, my thoughts exactly. Very well said

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This probably sounds stupid but I really think this is a blessing in disguise. Could be the catalyst for the necessary change

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Some people seem to be overreacting imo. at this stage i dont think it will be a massive dael as some make out. but if it is i highly doubt it will be as bad as the melbourne storm and even they have now shed there cheat tag just like the bulldogs did before them. rugby league fans have very short memories and after a year or so itll be old news.

in saying that if they investigation does show that there has been massive rorts then i seriously hope all involved is completely cleaned out of the club. that includes paul white as it has happened under his watch.

where a proud club and no matter what happens we will get through it and stay strong and once again become a powerhouse in the nrl.

and i wouldn't take to much notice of other nrl fans comments. majority of them are bulldogs fans and raiders fans and doesn't take a genius to work out why they will be kicking up a huge stink over this and the majority of other fans dont seem to really give a damn

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Some people seem to be overreacting imo. at this stage i dont think it will be a massive dael as some make out. but if it is i highly doubt it will be as bad as the melbourne storm and even they have now shed there cheat tag just like the bulldogs did before them. rugby league fans have very short memories and after a year or so itll be old news.

in saying that if they investigation does show that there has been massive rorts then i seriously hope all involved is completely cleaned out of the club. that includes paul white as it has happened under his watch.

where a proud club and no matter what happens we will get through it and stay strong and once again become a powerhouse in the nrl.

and i wouldn't take to much notice of other nrl fans comments. majority of them are bulldogs fans and raiders fans and doesn't take a genius to work out why they will be kicking up a huge stink over this and the majority of other fans dont seem to really give a damn

Very true.

I would've massively shocked if it was a Rort or anything like that because they aren't acting like a club that's been involved in a rort. Clubs actively rorting don't bring the problem to the attention of the nrl and don't throw the books open without being asked

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Very true.

I would've massively shocked if it was a Rort or anything like that because they aren't acting like a club that's been involved in a rort. Clubs actively rorting don't bring the problem to the attention of the nrl and don't throw the books open without being asked

Maybe they did that because they know they have been caught and they are trying to cooperate in an attempt to lessen the punishment...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Chris Garry was just on the dead set legends and said that it involves 2 players contracts and Martin Kennedy is one of those two.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Very true.

I'm pretty sure from all accounts this third party was going to go the nrl if the broncos didn't. Think dobbo said he didn't really have a choice. The fact it is being reported over a 3 year period is rorting in my eyes, as it's more then a one off glitch but rather systemic.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Mole @RLW_Mole · 27m

BREAKING> Moley getting mail NRL now set to investigate Israel Folau's Broncos contract... from FOUR YEARS ago...

qlderxxxx

qlderxxxx

BRL Player
Jul 9, 2013
Kinda hoping it to be true so we can sweep a broom through the club, we haven't been a top club for a little while now and this would shake things up significantly.

I'd still support the club though, I don't watch derive morality from watching sport, it's simply there to entertain me.

Yea mate, had the same thought. If it's true, we could put a broom through the club.

Although, we did just re-sign Maranta yesterday, so perhaps the wrong players would end up getting tossed...

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I don't care at all about the earnings of the players. The Broncos are my club, will be my club and no amount of wrong doing will make a scrap of difference to me. For me, most will have no prior knowledge of any misdemeanours because no one shared the information with them. They are not guilty as far as I'm concerned and are not guilty by association either. As usual I will wait for the evidence and then take a considered view of same. My club usually set a high standard for themselves and I'd be very surprised if we have a major problem.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Chris Garry was just on the dead set legends and said that it involves 2 players contracts and Martin Kennedy is one of those two.

so the media basically have no idea who it involves and are just throwing out names to keep it in the press.

a few days ago, it was Barba and Milford.

now it involves Kennedy.

and the Mole (as credible as he is) has thrown out Folaus name.

tomorrow it will be Lockyer or Webcke or some other player

:rolleyes:

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not too concerned about this, but maybe it's just because I don't really care any more. The fact we've reported it to the NRL ourselves, says to me one person has fucked up and gone behind the backs of others. Nothing like what the Storm did at all.

We still need a big **** off shake up though. Things can't keep going the way they are.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky24
  • Dannymh
  • Old Mate
  • tajhay
  • mitch222
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.