Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Surely not 600k for flegler. If so, board needs to walk tomorrow.

He is worth 350-400k based on current performances.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
As much as Seibs failed here, he called it right away with regards to our salary cap situation [emoji2955]

What a friggin' mess !

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Flegler at $600k, no friggin way, you let him walk.

Player managers are just taking advantage of limited player availability due to Covid.

We need Qcup and lower tier competitions up and running next year to increase the player base, clubs need to be able to recruit outside a restricted bubble.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
This is probably one of the disadvantages of always being on TV. Due to exposure and hype Flegler goes for offers of 600K plus after 12 games, while someone like STT probably stayed on tree fiddy (K) for most of his career.
Yeah, it’s a well known fact that NRL scouts don’t have kayo or Foxtel

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
This is probably one of the disadvantages of always being on TV. Due to exposure and hype Flegler goes for offers of 600K plus after 12 games, while someone like STT probably stayed on tree fiddy (K) for most of his career.

That may have been true once when their was three games a week on TV and two state competitions but now we're saturated with games and information.

I was talking to a rep selector once about how the role has changed, don't have to sit at games anymore or fly down to Sydney to see Sydney players before you pick a team- he said I could pick the team from my lounge room- we message each other and talk about games as we watch them and watch all the games.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That may have been true once when their was three games a week on TV and two state competitions but now we're saturated with games and information.

I was talking to a rep selector once about how the role has changed, don't have to sit at games anymore or fly down to Sydney to see Sydney players before you pick a team- he said I could pick the team from my lounge room- we message each other and talk about games as we watch them and watch all the games.
That’s pretty lazy. Surely there is a massive amount of things in a players game that you don’t see on tv. Work off the ball etc

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
That’s pretty lazy. Surely there is a massive amount of things in a players game that you don’t see on tv. Work off the ball etc

They still meet and talk things over and go to games but you can't be at eight games a week. If I was picking a rep side I would be at home on Saturday night too watching three games.

Why wouldn't you use the resources you have now.

Last edited:
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
They still meet and talk things over and go to games but you can't be at eight games a week. If I was picking a rep side I would be at home on Saturday night too watching three games.
Hope you turn the commentary off.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
On the whole "where will we finish 2021" thing i think both thought patterns are accurate. To date we've made no significant squad changes and based off last years form we could well be spoon again next year.

Similarly, if some of our squad play to their potential (you'd think hass, Carrigan, fleggler all go to another level with that full years experience on their side) and kevie finds the keys to milford the myth we could be a mid table team.

Add to that guys like Coates and dearden who we don't know their ceiling, if they improve you could be looking at a deep in the top 8 finish.

I'd suggest we should have a fair idea after the first 5 rounds which scenario is likely. But i would genuinely say anywhere from last to 4th-5th place finish are similar odds at this stage.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
On the whole "where will we finish 2021" thing i think both thought patterns are accurate. To date we've made no significant squad changes and based off last years form we could well be spoon again next year.

Similarly, if some of our squad play to their potential (you'd think hass, Carrigan, fleggler all go to another level with that full years experience on their side) and kevie finds the keys to milford the myth we could be a mid table team.

Add to that guys like Coates and dearden who we don't know their ceiling, if they improve you could be looking at a deep in the top 8 finish.

I'd suggest we should have a fair idea after the first 5 rounds which scenario is likely. But i would genuinely say anywhere from last to 4th-5th place finish are similar odds at this stage.
Hopefully carrigan gets a run in origin 3 so he gets some big game experience, coates will be alot better off for his stint as well as haas.
Hopefully Su'A comes back because I think he has been one of QLDs best

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
high quality toby GIF

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Cameron Smith with no registered contract until next year so that can pay him off the books outside the cap and then bring him into the 30 the morning of first team list day. Saves about 4 months of of cap space.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
As much as Seibs failed here, he called it right away with regards to our salary cap situation [emoji2955]

What a friggin' mess !

Can’t believe heads haven’t rolled for that mess.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Cameron Smith with no registered contract until next year so that can pay him off the books outside the cap and then bring him into the 30 the morning of first team list day. Saves about 4 months of of cap space.
Can’t drug test him for 4 months 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • davidp
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.