Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is his shoulder and why are Warrington reaching out to clubs?
They have a few high profile players particuarly with GI going there. Perhaps they are under salary cap pressure and Widdop is on too much coin?

1. Widdop
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

I have to admit, if Kevvie could pull this off in 2021, it would be a GREAT start to his tenure. Having both Widdop and Dearden in the spine to guide the team around allows Milford to fully take on that Cody Walker "play what's in front of you" style role.

Last edited:
We wouldn't even be looking at Widdop. We don't have the money, and on top of that you have his injury history with his shoulder and his age. I reckon its too much of a risk

Last edited:
We wouldn't even be looking at Widdop. We don't have the money, and on top of that you have his injury history with his shoulder and his age. I reckon its too much of a risk
But if we can get rid of a pea heart like Milford who has literally had years to get it right but hasn’t....

That’s not going to fix his injury issues or make him younger.
True. I was being a little sarcastic just to note that Milford is one of the reasons we have no money.....I actually think a swap with Milf could work; mainly because I just don’t see Milf ever making it as a top half in the NRL. He doesn’t seem to have the drive or the personal discipline levels..,,

True. I was being a little sarcastic just to note that Milford is one of the reasons we have no money.....I actually think a swap with Milf could work; mainly because I just don’t see Milf ever making it as a top half in the NRL. He doesn’t seem to have the drive or the personal discipline levels..,,

Nobody is paying milf the kind of coin he gets here.

Nobody is paying milf the kind of coin he gets here.

they might in Super League....pommies are pretty easily impressed when it comes to players....

they might in Super League....pommies are pretty easily impressed when it comes to players....

They dont have that kind of money these days to get Milf. Our Australian players used to benefit from the tax breaks they used to get over there iirc which allowed them to earn a lot of money. Since they changed the rules its not as financially attractive to play over there. He would have plenty of takers, but not for what he is on now.

If it is the cowboys being suggested as the "QLD club", how do they have the cap space? Arent morgan, holmes and JT13 all on about a mil a year? Widdop would not come cheap.

If it is the cowboys being suggested as the "QLD club", how do they have the cap space? Arent morgan, holmes and JT13 all on about a mil a year? Widdop would not come cheap.

I'm fairly sure McGuire, Marsters and Hess aren't on peanuts either. If McLean is still on their books, I also believe he is in big money as well.

Who needs a big contract when you can get a house for half the price (cost price)...

Widdop at fullback....maybe three years ago, yep, great signing...

Now....no thanx...past his best. However if your looking for depth signing he'd be my choice over Mead and Kelly.....for the right price...

Exactly... anyone who slams the signings of the likes of Kelly and mead as depth players and even chambers for experience and his shear ability and then has the audacity to say something like Isaako should play in the centre’s, than your off your chops
My memory might be failing me slowly but....when exactly did I say that Isaako MUST play centres...??

Can you copy in where I said it please...??....I honestly dont recall...

Now....no thanx...past his best. However if your looking for depth signing he'd be my choice over Mead and Kelly.....for the right price...
Pretty sure he was playing fullback in the NRL at a high standard as recent as last season

there is no way you get him for a low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • Broncorob
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • GCBRONCO
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.