Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still not sold on Hynes as a FB, I still think we should sign him, but on utility money. I really think he’s a 6.

No one on here should be sold with Isaako at fullback. He is trash. He cannot ball play for shit. He runs sideways and leaves his centres with no space to move than gives them a hospital ball. He is not a fullback. Sign Hynes asap

Without meaning to sound disrespectful to him, Hynes is basically a poor man's Darius Boyd as a fullback. He is good at everything, but not quite good enough to match it with the top tier guys.

Without meaning to sound disrespectful to him, Hynes is basically a poor man's Darius Boyd as a fullback. He is good at everything, but not quite good enough to match it with the top tier guys.
Wolfie mate, you are of my favourite posters here without a doubt. But, this statment of yours above is literally close to the worst, dumbest, most innacurate things I have ever read on this forum. You can't be serious surely?

Some truth though I think the ‘poor man’s Darius’ is a bit of poetic license.
I wouldn’t pay big money for him and He’s a short term answer while keeping one eye on the fullback market but he offers far more than Isaako does except in speed.

I also think we need him due to our halves. Reynolds rates very low for try assists - his bread and butter is organising and building pressure. Staggs is Staggs; if he goes to 6 and we keep Isaako, who is setting up tries? It ain’t gonna be Turpin.

We need someone with a slick passing game and who can offer Reynolds some assistance with kicking. We know that isn’t Staggs or Isaako and barely Turpin.

Obviously someone who ticks all the boxes is ideal but there isn’t anyone available that does that and we probably don’t currently have the money to afford them anyway - not with the other changes we need to make.

A spine with both Staggs and Isaako is comparable to have Michael Jennings at 6 and Josh Hoffman at 1.

It's not intended to pay him top tier money though.

Wolfie mate, you are of my favourite posters here without a doubt. But, this statment of yours above is literally close to the worst, dumbest, most innacurate things I have ever read on this forum. You can't be serious surely?
Boyd at his best was excellent and a better player than Hynes. People just forget it because of his decline here.

The more I see of Hynes the more I'm convinced he's a 6, and a good one at that. Him at 6, Staggs/Farnworth at 1 is what I'd be looking at. I think Staggs will be much more useful at 1 just because of his elite running game. Isaako is not a fullback, and he should be hooked from kicking off duties.

Some truth though I think the ‘poor man’s Darius’ is a bit of poetic license.
I wouldn’t pay big money for him and He’s a short term answer while keeping one eye on the fullback market but he offers far more than Isaako does except in speed.

I also think we need him due to our halves. Reynolds rates very low for try assists - his bread and butter is organising and building pressure. Staggs is Staggs; if he goes to 6 and we keep Isaako, who is setting up tries? It ain’t gonna be Turpin.

We need someone with a slick passing game and who can offer Reynolds some assistance with kicking. We know that isn’t Staggs or Isaako and barely Turpin.

Obviously someone who ticks all the boxes is ideal but there isn’t anyone available that does that and we probably don’t currently have the money to afford them anyway - not with the other changes we need to make.

A spine with both Staggs and Isaako is comparable to have Michael Jennings at 6 and Josh Hoffman at 1.
I've said it before I think he is similar to Boyd. We don't need him to be a top tier player, just an effective one.

Animated GIF

I've said it before I think he is similar to Boyd. We don't need him to be a top tier player, just an effective one.
I think he’s a better playmaker than Boyd. Boyd probably the better defensive option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LGH
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ozired
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Redux
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Scorchie
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.