Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna say it, I reckon we are a hooker and some cheap hardened depth away from being a Smokey next year.

If we could land B.Smith or see an explosion in Paix, I dunno, I reckon we have a lot of ingredients already.
B Smith could work now that we have a decent 7 capable of controlling the game for us. Not sure how expensive he’d be though.

Are we still signing Kev’s son, Billy?

Yeah but if I were Paix I’d probably be seeking a release to get a better opportunity. With players like Niu and Paix we have to decide now if we’re going to put faith in them and actually use them IMO
I disagree. Our spine is poor and needs upgrading when the right options come along. I think that means we hold onto our current depth and hope they do a job until the better option is available. I don’t think any of our current spine options are safe outside of Reynolds but until we fix that I wouldn’t be letting anybody go unless it benefits us like Isaako.

I disagree. Our spine is poor and needs upgrading when the right options come along. I think that means we hold onto our current depth and hope they do a job until the better option is available. I don’t think any of our current spine options are safe outside of Reynolds but until we fix that I wouldn’t be letting anybody go unless it benefits us like Isaako.
I agree that our spine needs upgrading, not debating that. Niu hasn’t been re-signed last time I checked.

Dufty is off the table. Signed a 1 year deal with the Dogs.

Man, to be a player of his talent yet can only manage to get 1 year with the worst team in the comp lol Dufty must have some serious issues behind the scenes.

Well, their current fullback is Nick Meaney so it's not like the dogs are stacked in that position.

I don't think they're great judges in that position.

they signed Allen to play there before moving him after a few weeks

they've also reportedly promised JAC fullback next year

I forgot about Allen.

It's a great record.

Hoppa - floppa.
DWZ - didn't work out. Shifted off to the Warriors.
Allen - can't even nail a spot on the wing or in the centres.
Cotric - couldn't displace the above or Meaney.

Addo Carr will flop at full back, he'll just have to be content to count his money on the wing.

I don't think they're great judges in that position.

they signed Allen to play there before moving him after a few weeks

they've also reportedly promised JAC fullback next year
I remember a few people on here blowing up about us not signing allan haha... he has got to be the worst full back to ever get to play origin, surely..

Dufty is off the table. Signed a 1 year deal with the Dogs.

Man, to be a player of his talent yet can only manage to get 1 year with the worst team in the comp lol Dufty must have some serious issues behind the scenes.
guess we'll find out next year now that he's going to the dogs... also how do the dogs have any money left.

guess we'll find out next year now that he's going to the dogs... also how do the dogs have any money left.
They've signed some players haven't they.

Dufty
Carr
Naden
Burton

Off the top of my head. I hope it works out, I'd really like them to be competitive again.

The competition needs shaking up.

Bulldogs seem to be picking talented players with less of an overall game plan or concern about attitude. We seem to be picking based on players fitting into the new attitude we want from our team. Will be interesting to see what works, but I definetly think we will get a much better outcome. If fantasy league worked, we would have been top 4 based on natural talent the last few years, attitude is 90% of footy

Yeah it’s a tough one, especially if we sign another starting prop.

I definitely don’t think Hetherington should play hooker though.

I suspect it will be
8.Flegler
10 Haas
13. Carrigan

which I don’t agree with. I think Hetherington looks great at lock and Carrigan’s better position is prop. I also think Bullemor needs to be on the bench somewhere. If we don’t sign a hooker Paix would be great as a bench hooker. A lot of tough decisions.

At this point I’d probably lean toward.

8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Robati
12. Capewell
13. Hetherington

14. Bullemor
15. Carrigan
16. Riki
17. Kennedy

Paix cycled into the 14. Every 3 games or so and play 30-40 minutes off the bench to help manage Turpin’s fatigue.

I really like Carrigan as a player but I don’t really see how he and has fit in the same prop rotation. Both of them provide the most benefit by the huge minutes they can churn out - but it’s all 1 out hit ups, no offloads or fast ptb’s. I don’t think you need 2 of those. Haas will need to develop more ball playing and offload to prevent Carrigan from being obsolete.

I think we will get more out of Haas and Carrigan by using them less. Both of them get a bit sloppy in defence when they have been overworked.

I feel sorry for Dearden.

Too many idiots thinking he'll be the next great thing at only 19. We must name and shame these people.

On an unrelated note, how do I clear my post history?
There
B Smith could work now that we have a decent 7 capable of controlling the game for us. Not sure how expensive he’d be though.

Are we still signing Kev’s son, Billy?
We havnt really tried a turpin paix combo for a run of games to see if it improves us could allow a fresher turpin and paix a real running threat...a big no to billy walters theres a young 5/8 in isc shallin fuller who at 19 could be anything would be cheap as and already way more skilled up than billy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.