Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevvie pretty much shut down talk of Staggs shifting to 6 again in the presser. So I wonder what the plan is? I can’t see it being gamble or Croft, Kelly maybe? Mam, not sure he’s ready?

Wouldn’t surprise me if we signed Taylor on a one year deal.

Kevvie pretty much shut down talk of Staggs shifting to 6 again in the presser. So I wonder what the plan is? I can’t see it being gamble or Croft, Kelly maybe? Mam, not sure he’s ready?

I think it might be kelly and this reviewed maybe 10 rounds in. By that time mam will have about 20 our so games in the ISC and a pre-season behind him and have a better idea as to how he is going on a regular basis.

Maybe if we give him a pre season to wrap his head around playing fullback he can work on his passing game. I think he has the ticker to back up plays and keep up a decent work rate. Kind of like Clint Gutherson.

To me, Paix still looks uncomfortable at hooker. Halves is where he will play his best footy in my opinion.

Paix looks really, really promising at hooker, I'm not sure you've been watching him much...if at all to be honest if you think this.

Also, after spending like three seasons trying to convert him into a hooker, why would you try and convert him back to a 6, especially as he is starting to look really good as a 9?

Hopefully Kelly has a big pre season then.

I wouldn't be against Taylor ... I think he has the skills to be a top shelf half. Reynolds and Kevvie could do wonders for his game. but with the rumours of us making an offer to Kelly I doubt we sign another half even if on a small contract.

I would still go with Kelly myself, IMO he could play a similar role to what Walker does

I wouldn't be against Taylor ... I think he has the skills to be a top shelf half. Reynolds and Kevvie could do wonders for his game. but with the rumours of us making an offer to Kelly I doubt we sign another half even if on a small contract.

I would still go with Kelly myself, IMO he could play a similar role to what Walker does

I also don't think there is that much difference between Kelly and Taylor to pay the extra 300k+ Taylor would likely want. Kelly probably offers as much, albeit differently, but far cheaper.

Wasn’t someone saying Taylor’s body is pretty badly busted?

Staggs will trial at 6 in the preseason. Maybe before the end of season, but only if he nags Kevvie about it. At the moment, his priority is to recover from injury in the position he's most comfortable, without having to learn a new one. Besides, the team has lifted massively with him in the centres. We haven't had a decent centre, who plays like a centre, all season.

Next year, if he trials well, he'll start at 6 and from there, whatever happens. Staggs, himself, has said he might not play 6 next year.

Kevvie's 2022 priority will be to blood some rising ISC backline stars under Reynold's tutelage. We haven't signed any backs that can win us a premiership. We'll need to grow them, and that won't happen in a year. 2022 will see us speculating whether we can make the eight and stay there. Unlike this year, which has been whether we can avoid the second spoon in a row.

We will need to find two halves, two centres and a fullback next year. They need to be emerging Origin standard. No ifs or buts. We have enough wing candidates. Niu, Isaako, Farnworth, Oates, Cobbo, Mead. They'll do for now, but not all will stay. At this stage, none look good enough to be our premiership winning centres or fullback.

Realistically 2022 will be a good year if we can wind back the clock to where we were when Bennett left. Except this time on the ascendancy.

I actually think we are fine with forwards and backs, of course more cheap ready to go depth would be nice. Take the last three games:

One win, one game we threw away and one game we were the better team all over the field against the second best team in the comp.

It all boils down to one thing - the spine, they are all just atrocious. Unfortunately we have only managed to land a 7 for next year but I do think we can cover 6 and possibly 1, as long we get structures around Cobbo/Niu.

It cannot be overstated how much we need a 9, we might as well play without Turpin at present.

Im over team lists, no amount of shuffling will help us this year.

Tell them to buckle up and start pre season now.

I thought Niu has been good and Kelly has shown he can create
Yeah to be honest, the backline spots are wide open.. They’re all up for grabs next year in my opinion.

Only players in the backline with guaranteed spots are Staggs and Reynolds. The rest will be fighting it out.

If we sign Pereira and maybe a fullback aswell as re-signing Niu.. Will be a tough battle to make the side.

I do agree starting with Kelly at 6 makes the most sense. He will instantly gel with Reynolds. Easy for him to slip into that role Cody Walker has when playing with Reynolds.

Paix looks really, really promising at hooker, I'm not sure you've been watching him much...if at all to be honest if you think this.

Also, after spending like three seasons trying to convert him into a hooker, why would you try and convert him back to a 6, especially as he is starting to look really good as a 9?
Okay maybe just needs more game time then. He looked a bit nervous/awkward even though he looked very dangerous. I’m keen to just start him in the 9 so that he can be more selective with when he runs the ball. I don’t exactly think I’d miss Turpin.

My spy at NRL HQ tells me Ryan James signing with us for next year is almost a done deal. Length of contract the only sticking point at this stage. Aaron Woods won't be coming (thankfully) as wife didn't want to leave Sydney having just had a new baby.

Am happy with James, an experienced no-frills forward with a great attitude and work ethic who provides us with that bit of depth we are lacking in the front row.

My spy at NRL HQ tells me Ryan James signing with us for next year is almost a done deal. Length of contract the only sticking point at this stage. Aaron Woods won't be coming (thankfully) as wife didn't want to leave Sydney having just had a new baby.

Am happy with James, an experienced no-frills forward with a great attitude and work ethic who provides us with that bit of depth we are lacking in the front row.
I’m not really keen. Doesn’t offer anything different to the team in terms of playing style. We already have Carrigan, Flegler and Jensen.. I would have preferred a bit of variation.. Someone like Leeson Ah Mau or Dunamis Lui.

Zerotackle says Wiremu Greig is only signed for this year at Eels. Should we sign him? He looks like a beast. Josh Papalii and Sam Kasiano’s love child.
EE22BB1E 4676 4786 8880 82A0F98E0669

I’m not really keen. Doesn’t offer anything different to the team in terms of playing style. We already have Carrigan, Flegler and Jensen.. I would have preferred a bit of variation.. Someone like Leeson Ah Mau or Dunamis Lui.

it's in leadership and the training paddock that we'll get the real value out of James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.