Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Couldn’t be bothered pulling up the NRL version of this thread but Belly has apparently confirmed this will be his last year as coach.

Could it finally be the broncos turn to be the bride and not the bridesmaid and land him as a general manager
I thought Bellamy had a long contract with Melbourne (5-7years or something) as either coach or football manager/consultant... he just had to give Melbourne 12 months notice when he planned to quit coaching.

So I think he's going to remain at Melbourne for awhile yet, just not in a head coaching role.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought Bellamy had a long contract with Melbourne (5-7years or something) as either coach or football manager/consultant... he just had to give Melbourne 12 months notice when he planned to quit coaching.

So I think he's going to remain at Melbourne for awhile yet, just not in a head coaching role.
Yeah he signed on to continue as head of football or some sort of role once he finishes coaching. He's not a free agent.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yea you’re probably right. Well now that’s done with, does anyone know if Cam Smith is open to a comeback?

homer simpson GIF

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Yea you’re probably right. Well now that’s done with, does anyone know if Cam Smith is open to a comeback?
Images 51

Roosters chasing cam smith V2.0
Dont even have to work on his golf game and already has a shitty haircut

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Don’t want to where he got his haircut done but how in the f****g world can those c***s operate under the cap if not going over it? Culture thing is full of shit. Those Rotters & Storm cheats are disgrace to NRL who themselves are deplorable arrogant dumb heads.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Broncos are weighing up a dramatic eleventh-hour bid for Gold Coast star David Fifita after Herbie Farnworth and Tom Flegler’s Dolphins defections cleared $1.5 million in Brisbane’s salary cap.
News Corp can reveal the Broncos have emerged as a late contender for Fifita’s signature as they consider getting one back on their south east Queensland rivals the Titans by luring the barnstorming forward back to Red Hill.
Fifita, 23, has multimillion dollar offers on the table from Gold Coast and Canberra, but the Broncos have been keeping an eye on negotiations with a view to entering the race for the Queensland Origin star.
The Broncos were last month approached about their interest in Fifita, who is off-contract at season’s end, but were hamstrung by salary cap constraints with bumper offers on the table for Farnworth and Flegler.
However with Farnworth and Flegler pledging their futures to the Dolphins last week, Brisbane has bolted back into the mix for Fifita – one of the NRL’s most damaging forwards.
Broncos officials have been quietly working in the background on a deal for Fifita after being approached by his management to gauge their interest.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
The Broncos are weighing up a dramatic eleventh-hour bid for Gold Coast star David Fifita after Herbie Farnworth and Tom Flegler’s Dolphins defections cleared $1.5 million in Brisbane’s salary cap.
News Corp can reveal the Broncos have emerged as a late contender for Fifita’s signature as they consider getting one back on their south east Queensland rivals the Titans by luring the barnstorming forward back to Red Hill.
Fifita, 23, has multimillion dollar offers on the table from Gold Coast and Canberra, but the Broncos have been keeping an eye on negotiations with a view to entering the race for the Queensland Origin star.
The Broncos were last month approached about their interest in Fifita, who is off-contract at season’s end, but were hamstrung by salary cap constraints with bumper offers on the table for Farnworth and Flegler.
However with Farnworth and Flegler pledging their futures to the Dolphins last week, Brisbane has bolted back into the mix for Fifita – one of the NRL’s most damaging forwards.
Broncos officials have been quietly working in the background on a deal for Fifita after being approached by his management to gauge their interest.
I know he has mixed feelings on this site but i would love Fifita back. The steady competitor in Capewell matched with a game breaking x factor in Fifita would be a great back row combo. Seeing him benefit from Reynolds, Mam and Walsh in the team would be good to see.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I know he has mixed feelings on this site but i would love Fifita back. The steady competitor in Capewell matched with a game breaking x factor in Fifita would be a great back row combo. Seeing him benefit from Reynolds, Mam and Walsh in the team would be good to see.
I learnt to move on with Hodges, I could do it again with Fifita.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

This seems like a 2+2=22 or a been reading BHQ inspired news article

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
could that see capewell moved to 13 to free up an edge?

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Hard no to Fifita from me. Would cost too much and I thought we were trying to get rid of the bad culture, not make it worse. He is lazy and entitled, nothing I have seen since he left indicates to me that he is the type of player we want on our roster if we want to improve in the long term.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • Fozz
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Ondi
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.