Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
It's fun to think it's someone's job at Broncos actual HQ to scan the dribble on here for an actual piece of solid advice (which there likely is) after each game.

A flunky walks into Kevvie's office.

'Sir, I've prepared the detailed report on BHQ's thoughts on our last game'

He places an inch-think printout on the desk.

Kevvie sighs. 'I don't have time to read that. I have a meeting with Adam in ten minutes. He's going to teach me about set plays off scrums inside the opposition twenty. Just give me the overview.'

The flunky whips out another printout - a single page with a pie chart.

'I anticipated that, sir, and prepared this. It's a measure of how often individual players are mentioned.'

Kevvie looks at the chart. 'The whole thing is blue, and the label says 'Billy Walters'.'

'Yes, sir. The forum almost exclusively discusses Billy. In fact, mentions of other players are so statistically miniscule it barely made the chart. You can see a fine line there, near the top.'

Kevvie squints. 'Oh, yeah. Well, you know what this means - I was right to stick with Bill. Looks like it'll be the Walters boy at nine all year - I'm just giving the fans what they want!'

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Jarome Luai
Xavier Coates
JWH
NAS
Kyle Feldt
Latrell Mitchell
Matthew Lodge

All players that I would not lose sleep over, should they get a season-ending injury.

Oh come on what's wrong with Luai? He's just a misunderstood good guy, don't you know?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
A flunky walks into Kevvie's office.

'Sir, I've prepared the detailed report on BHQ's thoughts on our last game'

He places an inch-think printout on the desk.

Kevvie sighs. 'I don't have time to read that. I have a meeting with Adam in ten minutes. He's going to teach me about set plays off scrums inside the opposition twenty. Just give me the overview.'

The flunky whips out another printout - a single page with a pie chart.

'I anticipated that, sir, and prepared this. It's a measure of how often individual players are mentioned.'

Kevvie looks at the chart. 'The whole thing is blue, and the label says 'Billy Walters'.'

'Yes, sir. The forum almost exclusively discusses Billy. In fact, mentions of other players are so statistically miniscule it barely made the chart. You can see a fine line there, near the top.'

Kevvie squints. 'Oh, yeah. Well, you know what this means - I was right to stick with Bill. Looks like it'll be the Walters boy at nine all year - I'm just giving the fans what they want!'
Donaghy: I don’t really see the benefit of extending Billy from a talent perspective but the marketing department keep saying that for some reason, every Tuesday he’s our highest trending player!

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It's fun to think it's someone's job at Broncos actual HQ to scan the dribble on here for an actual piece of solid advice (which there likely is) after each game.

But, damn it, Pete, why won't you give the guys here that one little piece of credit?

At least let us think it was a BHQ exclusive. Did they credit reddit?
I doubt it's a job. More like curiosity to see what fans are saying about the players. There's nothing really newsworthy in here other than who the fans are bashing/rating. Ranting about refs is just noise. Drunken blathering.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I doubt it's a job. More like curiosity to see what fans are saying about the players. There's nothing really newsworthy in here other than who the fans are bashing/rating. Ranting about refs is just noise. Drunken blathering.

That's quite offensive. I assure you I am perfectly sober whenever I rant.

Don't drink and rant, kids.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I dunno about that. The club has early released every player I’ve shitted on over the last 2 years. Don’t want to get ahead of myself but pretty sure I am to Ikin what Reynolds is to Kev.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Drunken blathering
You think that is drunken blathering wait until you see my final form
dragonball z GIF

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Horseheadsup
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.