Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Riccio playing up the Haas to Union angle because the contract is only a 2 year extension and there is a world cup in 2027.

p.s. it's started

Anasta now asking the question if we can afford Walsh now.

Riccio also named half our players off contract in the next couple of years. questioning how we keep them together

Couldn't give a shit what they say tbh, it's their job to create clicks etc. For the first time in a long time, I trust the guys up top to make the right decisions when it comes to signing and retaining players.

Actually I like this speculation. It means I get to giggle my titties off when it turns out they were wrong. How did the whole "Rejecting the Broncos offer and going to market on November 1" go Buzz?

Everything I have seen from Ezra over the last three years says he is a pretty loyal guy. He's been with the Broncos since he was 15.

He had lots of offers to leave Ambrose Treacy and go to one of the big schools and never did- liked it there and stayed there until he graduated and then worked as an Aide there too after school.

He's always at Goodna Eagle games supporting his junior club.

I don't think he will stray too far.

I want Ezra to stay so badly (probably my favourite player who I think is in for the biggest career of the lot in the end) but I'd be too busy laughing to miss him if he went to the bulldogs hahahahaha imagine chicken sandwich. Man, what a stupid decision and way to go about what he did. Child getting advice from children by the sounds of it...

I hear Karl is going to be mentored by Josh Schuster in how to be a ball playing forward . LOL .

Must almost be time for an update on this:

"The Broncos are reportedly set to offer Stephen Kearney a role in Kevin Waters’ coaching staff. Kearney will finish up as an assistant coach with the Storm at the end of November to return to his family in Brisbane. A new gig could be just around the corner for Kearney with News Corp reporting Broncos powerbrokers are interested in the former Warriors head coaching joining the club. It comes after former assistant coach Terry Matterson was axed in September following the Broncos’ late-season capitulation. Kearney’s addition would be the second change Walters has made to his staff after promoting former Queensland Origin hooker Matt Ballin from a development coach role to NRL assistant. It will be a homecoming of sorts for Kearney, who spent four seasons at Red Hill as an assistant under Anthony Griffin and then Wayne Bennett before taking up the head coaching job with the Warriors in 2017."​

I want Ezra to stay so badly (probably my favourite player who I think is in for the biggest career of the lot in the end) but I'd be too busy laughing to miss him if he went to the bulldogs hahahahaha imagine chicken sandwich. Man, what a stupid decision and way to go about what he did. Child getting advice from children by the sounds of it...
He’ll be even more filthy when he hears that Mam is offered his choice of a Subway Footlong!
Double meat? No problem.
Make it a meal? You got lit Ezra!
One of each cookie? All yours.

Must almost be time for an update on this:

"The Broncos are reportedly set to offer Stephen Kearney a role in Kevin Waters’ coaching staff. Kearney will finish up as an assistant coach with the Storm at the end of November to return to his family in Brisbane. A new gig could be just around the corner for Kearney with News Corp reporting Broncos powerbrokers are interested in the former Warriors head coaching joining the club. It comes after former assistant coach Terry Matterson was axed in September following the Broncos’ late-season capitulation. Kearney’s addition would be the second change Walters has made to his staff after promoting former Queensland Origin hooker Matt Ballin from a development coach role to NRL assistant. It will be a homecoming of sorts for Kearney, who spent four seasons at Red Hill as an assistant under Anthony Griffin and then Wayne Bennett before taking up the head coaching job with the Warriors in 2017."​

Absolutely no to this.
In the words of Clubber Lang “Don’t need no has been messin in my corner”
Why would you introduce that dumpster fire into our Utopia?!

a) that article is from October last year
b) Kearney is an excellent assistant coach.
I know it’s an old one. However, even if he is the greatest assistant in the history of the game, it would be like when we threw 900k in the bin by signing Jack Bird. Great player, but a complete and utter surplus to our needs.

F6E351EA-B1F7-47AB-A3D2-5D2AD6BACD3D.jpeg

The List. All you need.

I know it’s an old one. However, even if he is the greatest assistant in the history of the game, it would be like when we threw 900k in the bin by signing Jack Bird. Great player, but a complete and utter surplus to our needs.

I still can't fathom why your bring this up now. there has been no suggestion that either the club has made another attempt to try and sign Kearney as an assistant again. nor has there been any suggestion that Kearney has had a change of heart and wants to return to coaching. If there was, you would have been able to quote a current article, not just one that's from 10 months ago.

at the time the article was written, getting Kearney on board would have been a smart move and hardly surplus to our needs.

I still can't fathom why your bring this up now. there has been no suggestion that either the club has made another attempt to try and sign Kearney as an assistant again. nor has there been any suggestion that Kearney has had a change of heart and wants to return to coaching. If there was, you would have been able to quote a current article, not just one that's from 10 months ago.

at the time the article was written, getting Kearney on board would have been a smart move and hardly surplus to our needs.
I didn’t bring it up Foordy Foordy
I was simply reacting to McHunt when he brought it up. All I’m saying is that you wouldn’t f*ck with the recipe now.
Btw, BS aside, I was hoping we’d get Kearney when the idea was floated originally. Now? No chance. That’s all.

with te maire martin looking less and less likely to crack the warriors side i wonder he would be worth looking at to bring back at some point?

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.