Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

The people saying he was "easily in the top 5 backrowers in the comp" didn't watch the rest of the comp.

He wasn't even close to being in the top 5. Maybe in 2021, but in 2022 he was wildly inconsistent and at times looked very much out of shape. He was lazy and went missing a lot when the Titans needed him. He had some good moments, but there was more bad than good.

Nanai, Koloamatangi, Kikau, Papali'i, Lane, Olakau'atu, Crichton and several others had better seasons than him.
He has been there for 2 years, unless you wish to cherry pick a year. Nanai and Lane were better in 2022, but not in 21. Kikau debatable due to the luxury of playing for Penrith and Koloamatangi are both very debatable. Crichton also spent a lot of time playing middle. The fact that these options you've named are so debatable, shows how good he has been.

Not matching your pay packet, doesn't mean you're playing poor footy. He's a 750k~ player everyday of the week.

Wayne stole all our F’s! Without Flegler & Farnworth we don’t have any top 30 players with a surname starting with F…ifita.

I generally don't think that David Fifita manager is trying to use the Broncos to get his offer bumped from other teams. For the simple reason Fifita doesn't have alot leverage. He is coming from a down year and he is already getting offered some serious coin. I really doubt the Titans or the Raiders will bump up their offers further from interest from the Broncos. I doubt the Broncos will offer in the vicinity of the Raiders offer of 900K a year if the figure is correct. I believe the interest playing for the Broncos is genuine.

I don't think all the blame can be attributed to Fifita at the Titans last year either. The Titans had major problems in the halves. Toby Sexton has really taken a tumble in the pecking order. He was viewed as the next big thing, and the Titans made an error putting all their eggs in one basket with him. There is a view Fifita's game will improve with a experience half like Kieran Foran taking the reins.

Finally I have seen some comment in the media from Glen Lazarus and Brent Read that Fifita needs to challenge himself by joining the Raiders. Realistically the Raiders are an easy way out because they have a better team. As Peter Sterling said after the Tigers core disbanded (Tedesco, Moses etc) why go to a winner when you can build one.

Well I don’t want to start any more rumours…but it’s ok, because Pete Badel definitely does not read this forum..

I heard Munster, Grant and Welch want out of their contracts to come to the broncos in 2024. Bellamy as a coaching consultant.

Please just keep this between us, I would hate for this to get to the media and materialize.
this would be a dream. Bellamy as coaching consultant, make it happen :)
@Mick_Hancock are u able to share where you heard these from.

I generally don't think that David Fifita manager is trying to use the Broncos to get his offer bumped from other teams. For the simple reason Fifita doesn't have alot leverage. He is coming from a down year and he is already getting offered some serious coin. I really doubt the Titans or the Raiders will bump up their offers further from interest from the Broncos. I doubt the Broncos will offer in the vicinity of the Raiders offer of 900K a year if the figure is correct. I believe the interest playing for the Broncos is genuine.

I don't think all the blame can be attributed to Fifita at the Titans last year either. The Titans had major problems in the halves. Toby Sexton has really taken a tumble in the pecking order. He was viewed as the next big thing, and the Titans made an error putting all their eggs in one basket with him. There is a view Fifita's game will improve with a experience half like Kieran Foran taking the reins.

Finally I have seen some comment in the media from Glen Lazarus and Brent Read that Fifita needs to challenge himself by joining the Raiders. Realistically the Raiders are an easy way out because they have a better team. As Peter Sterling said after the Tigers core disbanded (Tedesco, Moses etc) why go to a winner when you can build one.
Be interesting to see how Fifita plays this season with either Foran or tannah Boyd who was his half throughout his days playing for Keebra.

this would be a dream. Bellamy as coaching consultant, make it happen :)
@Mick_Hancock are u able to share where you heard these from.
It could well be one of those rumors transpired out of BHQ 😀. If the same rumor picks up pace (as & when Badel decides to), Storm management would breathe fire at us. Reckon they’ll have signed longer contracts with Storm so they will be forced to comply with all sorts of clauses Storm management comes up with.

Honestly, I don’t see that ever happening.

Some of the chat about Fifita not being worth money kinda highlights that a lot of you only watch Broncos games. Fifita has been good for the Titans, and easily in the top 5 backrowers in the comp. If he was on 600k instead of 1.3m all of these bitter, uninformed opinions would be gone.

The bloke is 23yrs old, and absolutely worth 650-800k pending salary cap, and we should be trying to get him back.

And if Milford was paid 200k instead of 1 million, then the talk around him would have been completely different as well.

the money and his value is the story here ... you can't honestly say he's been worth anywhere near the 1.2 million he's been paid a season by the Titans.

We can't just talk about him being on 600k instead of 1.2 million ... because he's not.

If he was on a 600k pay cheque the narrative would also be completely different because we'd be talking about a current Bronco as opposed to a rival player

BTW, most people are saying to take the risk if we can get him for 650-800k

And if Milford was paid 200k instead of 1 million, then the talk around him would have been completely different as well.

the money and his value is the story here ... you can't honestly say he's been worth anywhere near the 1.2 million he's been paid a season by the Titans.

We can't just talk about him being on 600k instead of 1.2 million ... because he's not.

If he was on a 600k pay cheque the narrative would also be completely different because we'd be talking about a current Bronco as opposed to a rival player

BTW, most people are saying to take the risk if we can get him for 650-800k
Not sure it would with Miflord necessarily. 200k or 1 million the guy is not playing NRL standard on current form over the few years

It could well be one of those rumors transpired out of BHQ 😀. If the same rumor picks up pace (as & when Badel decides to), Storm management would breathe fire at us. Reckon they’ll have signed longer contracts with Storm so they will be forced to comply with all sorts of clauses Storm management comes up with.

Honestly, I don’t see that ever happening.
Shhhhh Everyone!! We definitely don’t want CM or main stream media to get a hold of this.
It’s like when you were a kid and asked to make a wish…Don’t say it out loud or it won’t come true 🤫😉

I don't think the article is about anyone reading these forums, I think it's a pretty obvious thing to come up with given we've just lost 2 players whom we would have had to spend a fair chunk to keep and that obviously leaves us with a bit of cash now and Fifita is an ex-Bronco coming off contract

would have thought we could have afforded him purely off the cap increase they just signed off on,i think all our big contracts were done before they had a figure in mind for the cap even with ratchet clauses ect.

I don’t want Fifita back but I do love the media narrative. The Roosters are signing any elite player that steps foot in Bondi and it’s nothing to see here, yet there is one article about us considering Fifita after losing 2 highly paid players and there is no way we can afford him and it’s ludicrous to even consider. Amazing.

The media seems to in some sort of competition amongst themselves as to who better cover up the Rotters shit.

No matter how experienced a player is or no matter how potential a player is, they all go to Rotters for ‘culture’ & a ‘dubious system’. It still boggles me as to how they can fit in their squad under the cap. It’s ludicrous.

Having lost 2 players, if the Broncos at last with some capable people at helm think to sign one of their juniors, it’s a cardinal sin for the media. They conveniently suppress the fact that it’s Fifi’s manager who approached & not the other way round. The lunatic morons can spin whatever way they want as long as their purpose is served.

I was cracking up at 360 last night. Kent is like it’s a bad signing if we get him as it puts our roster out of whack. We’ve just lost a prop and a back so apparently we need to replace them with a prop and a back. ‘Idiots in charge’ is what Kent actually said.

If you don’t know the slightest bit about a topic, just shut up, don’t make yourself look like and idiot and then double down by calling others idiots.

I was cracking up at 360 last night. Kent is like it’s a bad signing if we get him as it puts our roster out of whack. We’ve just lost a prop and a back so apparently we need to replace them with a prop and a back. ‘Idiots in charge’ is what Kent actually said.

If you don’t know the slightest bit about a topic, just shut up, don’t make yourself look like and idiot and then double down by calling others idiots.

reminds me of the famous Abraham Lincoln quote:

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt​

No one in Sydney knows shit about the broncos, except maybe Read, but he spends too much time putting out garbage rumours... probably to appease his NSWRL overlords.

If they did know shit they would know that Cobbo can move to Herbie's spot and Mariner is next up. Flegler is a bit harder to replace, but having 3 middles on massive money would be the definition of having the roster out of whack... Jensen just re-signed, but don't want to talk about him being a replacement... Kobe re-signed a couple months or so back, but don't want to talk about him being a replacement.

They don't even bother trying to hide their Sydney centric bias... although according to Kent this is a Sydney comp and we should be happy we were invited.

Maybe the Sydney media have had the shits ever since it was claimed that Qld is actually the centre of the rugby league world and carrying the league.

Out of that conversation though, and they brushed over it pretty quick, was that if we signed him he might be gettable early and to be honest, that actually does make sense. We can swap Palasia for Fifita and assume significant discussions about cap implications for this year for such a deal as it wouldn’t be a straight swap as only the Roosters get away with stuff like that. Would be great to have Fifita this year.

He was laughing when he said whoever does the roster there is an idiot- he knows full well it's his mate Ikin.

He questioned losing a middle and a centre and replacing them with an edge player.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Nerd
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Stix
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • abashii
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • marw
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.