Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I was cracking up at 360 last night. Kent is like it’s a bad signing if we get him as it puts our roster out of whack. We’ve just lost a prop and a back so apparently we need to replace them with a prop and a back. ‘Idiots in charge’ is what Kent actually said.

If you don’t know the slightest bit about a topic, just shut up, don’t make yourself look like and idiot and then double down by calling others idiots.huh

Put it this way, Fifita is far more threatening in attack than Herbie and has been pretty solid defensively at the tits. If Herbie got 880k at the Dolphins we'd be getting a bargain if we managed to sign Fifi for the 800ish mark.

The NRL 360 panel's meltdown as comical. We have players are the club ready to fill Herbie's spot (Cobbo and Mariner): we're not a club with zero jr development (rorters) who rely on signing players from outside our system.

@Sproj pointing out the Palasia thing earlier really has me thinking. I didn't think this was going to be even remotely possible tbh, but I'd completely forgotten about him. I could actually see a mid season transfer happening and I do think he wants back in at the club.

I think when he was with us there were reports about him that were similar to Haas... ie. His father had instilled a massive work ethic into him when he was growing up. Had him running distance all the time, etc.

There was also something about him getting to training from Ipswich and then heading back out to school

So I think he is far from lazy in that regard and looks after himself.

I think the lazy calls for Fifita is just a lazy narrative that's been created about him and is more to do with him not looking for the ball.... but these are the same pundits who claim that Ferraris shouldn't be used to do the grunt work.

In that regard it could be in regards to coaching... Beau Fermor doesnt exactly head in field looking for the ball, he just gets better service. Capewell doesnt do grunt work.... none of the Panthers forwards do grunt work, etc.

When Fifita was with us he would create situations for himself by himself (try against dogs?? with him running unders to beat about 8 players and score a try)... he was doing that with the titans as well... they just refuse to give him the ball for some reason.

You are so right on the lazy narrative. I actually read reports he was in great shape last offseason as quoted below. Its not like he's walking around on the field with a big gut. Dave Taylor you could question his fitness at times during his career. Fifita you can't unless you have something more concrete in terms of evidence.

Fifita needs the ball and the Titans can take blame at times for not getting him involved enough. The few games that were televised on Channel Nine. I remember I think it was Fatty Vautin complaining the Titans were not getting him involved enough in the attack.

Fifita can only do so much in the attacking structures. I remember there were complaints at Paul Gallan during his career. He looked for the ball too much rather then letting the Sharks attack flow more naturally. I'm not sure you can complain Fifita's not running out of position for the sake of getting more ball.

"The highest-paid bench player in the history of rugby league has no intention of staying on the pine in 2022.

Titans wrecking ball David Fifita is in the best shape of life after enjoying a pre-season without injuries for the first time in his budding NRL career.

The 21-year-old is tipping the scales at 114kg after adding muscle to his already bulking frame this summer."

Let's say we could make it work for a swap for Palasia this year and I don't know how that happens but let's say it works, surely this has to be a contender:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Carrigan
11. Fifita
12. Riki
13. Capewell

14. Paix
15. Taupau/Jensen
16. Flegler
17. Hetherington/Piakura I guess until Hetherington is fit

Shhhhh Everyone!! We definitely don’t want CM or main stream media to get a hold of this.
It’s like when you were a kid and asked to make a wish…Don’t say it out loud or it won’t come true 🤫😉
I suspect someone at the club scans the post game threads, just from a few reactions I've seen.

But I doubt we've ever been responsible for even a single player movement rumour. In fact, if anything, I'm somewhat disappointed by how little traction BHQ has in the media. I don't think Badel or Meyn get anything from here.

I do know Badel calls the club 1000 times a day for stories. That's come from Ikin and Donuts, who've laughed about how persistent he is. I think the more fanciful rumours come from the player agents trying to rustle up publicity for their clients. You'd wonder how many times they can get away with bad data, but here we are.

Lol I started a Quade Cooper to the Broncos rumour many years ago, claiming I saw him at Red Hill and it was picked up by 'The Mole' and 'The Lurker' that very week.

Many, many of us have done it.

In fact, the Cobbo podcast was very obviously and clearly raised here and then taken on by the media, this fact is not in doubt.

@Sproj pointing out the Palasia thing earlier really has me thinking. I didn't think this was going to be even remotely possible tbh, but I'd completely forgotten about him. I could actually see a mid season transfer happening and I do think he wants back in at the club.
That’s actually a very smart idea. If executed strategically, we could do wonders here.

IF this whole alleged story about Fifi looking to comeback home has any truth to it, something can be worked out surely now. If not now, I’m confident that we’ll do great going into the season and by July/August transfer window deadline, we could then swap Fifi with Keenan. That way, we don’t have to shell out much for Fifi.
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Many, many of us have done it.

In fact, the Cobbo podcast was very obviously and clearly raised here and then taken on by the media, this fact is not in doubt.
It was on reddit before here.

That’s actually a very smart idea. If executed strategically, we could do wonders here.

IF this whole alleged story about Fifi looking to comeback home has any truth to it, something can be worked out surely now. If not now, I’m confident that we’ll do great going into the season and by July/August transfer window deadline, we could then swap Fifi with Keenan. That way, we don’t have to shell out much for Fifi.
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

The other good result is, if we benefit from this mid-season transfer stupidity, you can be sure the NRL will then finally act to shut it down.

Let's say we could make it work for a swap for Palasia this year and I don't know how that happens but let's say it works, surely this has to be a contender:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Carrigan
11. Fifita
12. Riki
13. Capewell

14. Paix
15. Taupau/Jensen
16. Flegler
17. Hetherington/Piakura I guess until Hetherington is fit
Probably around a million dollar difference between them on current salaries lmao. The tits would have to be silly to take that trade, but that hasn't stopped them before.

Apparently the latest reports are the Raiders are out of contention for David Fiftia. And it will be between the Titans and the Broncos. The reports suggests Broncos are not going passively for Fifita but are going hard. Apparently they wanted Fifita back for a while but kept it quiet. It was suggested in the Courier Mail that Fifita manager was fishing for intrest from the Broncos and not vice versa.

And yet, despite it being around for months, it was picked up immediately after being posted and discussed on here.
I don't understand your point. It blew up on Reddit. There is nothing to suggest the media found about it from here. As much as we like to imagine how influential we are.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.