Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Yes good points and it makes you wonder if it is actually in their best interests to let him walk and use that money to invest in someone else. Their spine looks ok, their forwards look ok but they need some strike in the backs.

I agree with this. As someone on the Titans forum mentioned with Aj Brimson, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, and Beau Fermor. There was none of this stringing the Titans along. They signed their deals and that was the end of it.

I'm in two minds because I don't like to see players quit on teams. But David Fifita career hasn't gone that well with the Titans, he missed out on state of origin selection last year. So I could see why he would be cautious about locking in to another long term deal and have more of the same. I will acknowledge that the Titans did poach him off the Broncos first though.

I think DF will come back and for less money but in all honesty I just want it decided soon so we don't hear about it for the next 6 months whether he does or doesn't. The days of stories leaking about players we want and then missing out seems to be over since DD and Ikin took over.

Well the Roosters apparently just signed on Suaali'i for 700k despite offers of 1 million, so now that is done, they can come down hard on us.

Reckon he activated a P O that’s in his favor for an extra year until 2024. So, don’t think he has signed a net new contract.
On the contrary though the NRL can get stuffed if Rotters are cap compliant every year.

Well the Roosters apparently just signed on Suaali'i for 700k despite offers of 1 million, so now that is done, they can come down hard on us.

No they didn't; he took up his option which he could have opted out and gone to Rugby. He hasn't re-signed. His deal in 2020 was three years with one option so he could leave if he wanted to go back to Rugby.

He always had '24 in his favour. That was what Souths weren't willing to do.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.