Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I thought as much, we uploaded a photo of him and Shaylee yesterday which I thought was quite cryptic.

Well we are still thin in the second row department but if he wasn’t willing to take a pay cut so be it. I wonder if we pushed his price up though.

you don't want to know.

they'll now have enough to sign Haas and Carrigan with just enough left over to steal Mozer from us
While re-signing Sam Walker for $500,000 for 5 years

Well we are still thin in the second row department but if he wasn’t willing to take a pay cut so be it. I wonder if we pushed his price up though.
Fifita would of been a sweetner for loosing Herbie and Flegler but glad the club didn't offer stupid money to bring him back.

Not much standing out that's available for next season, maybe a standout from cup or Piakura puts some good footy together

If I’m being honest I’m concerned we were chasing him if it was true. He is a defensive liability and his character is everything we have been working so hard to rid the club of. I don’t think we will ever learn.

If I’m being honest I’m concerned we were chasing him if it was true. He is a defensive liability and his character is everything we have been working so hard to rid the club of. I don’t think we will ever learn.
On the other hand, by chasing the money at the Gold Coast, Fifita might just have satisfied the Broncos’ curiosity re how serious he was about sacrificing a little bit for a better football environment ?

Looks like the Broncos are going to have to suck it up this year. Fifita was the obvious target for them, they'll turn their attention to 2024/25 and set some cash aside just in case.

We're lost 2 representative players and didn't get Fifita, so I sure hope so we are aiming to sign someone.

If we are putting the cue in the rack for a while with recruitment, can we then use the extra cap space to front load contracts so we can pay players **** all later? Or does that open us up to players wanting to leave all of a sudden later on?

Apparently the extension for David Fifita was 3 years at $2.4 million reported in the Courier Mail. The article didn't get into what the Broncos offered. Only to say that the Broncos were reluctant to get in a bidding war.

Who knows what happened? Whether Fifita didn't like the numbers the Broncos were offering. Or the game on the weekend sealed the deal playing with Kieran Foran. Who knows? But I haven't read anywhere where Fifita was actually offered from the Broncos a contract. Or a figure that the Broncos would consider bringing Fifita back for. Only Brent Read suggesting they would consider bringing him back for less the he would get at the Titans on his new deal.

wonder if the panthers will look to extend soni luke anytime soon

Now surely we look at getting Carrigan and Haas extended.
My main concern if we signed Fifita was that we would lose Haas to a ridiculous offer from the titans. Unless they’ve got the rorters accountant we should be ok.

My main concern if we signed Fifita was that we would lose Haas to a ridiculous offer from the titans. Unless they’ve got the rorters accountant we should be ok.

Don’t forget though, the Roosters still have the Roosters accountant.

Regardless, while he would have been nice, he wasn’t a make or break signing. We are short at second row, though we have Te Kura (looks a hybrid prop/second-row) and can bring in O’ofua or however you spell it if need be. It isn’t like we aren’t producing some quality players either, so not the end of the world and we should have a bucket load now to upgrade Carrigan.

Really happy we didn't sign fifita. Dodged a massive bullet, just like the contract he is currently on. What people don't factor in is his attitude is shocking. That's infectious, especially when half the team are your mates. I dont know the guy but i cant imagine that if the Titans started losing and then he'd be the one yelling "just focus on defence guys" or "trust the process, stick to the gameplan" and unfortunately for him he has put himself in that paypacket that when things go wrong people will be looking to him.

The ironic thing is that haas and carrigan look likely to make far more in their careers then fifita will. Regulars in origin side alone mean 45,000 a year, likely more sponsorship, but then on top of it all, now their contracts are going up and his are going down and will continue too depending on how much the cap changes.
I do hope we use this money widely. Schneider, sexton or Clifford as a back up option to madden. A couple really experienced hard-nosed forwards in the middle and edge (frizzell, sione Maituatai, Curtis sironen, Josh King, Scott Sorensen etc), and an experienced back to replace everyone of arthus, j pereria and/or quai ward we lose (Daniel tupou would be huge for us I reckon on a 1 year deal to recapture the metres we lose with farnworth and teach mariner if he's willing, a strong back 5 to unload forwards is the future Penrith have shown. If not, a legitimate option if Mariner doesn't work out and pressure on all 5 to perform like arthurs is). We don't need a hooker, Walters and paix are good enough that we don't need to rush mozer YET, but he should be ready next year anyway and looks legit).

I know the media will make out we lost him haha.. I get the feeling they already knew and used it to drive the broncos in crisis narrative despite beating the back to back premiers at home ffs haha. Btw, Imagine 2 of our players did what luai and salmon did? Or what Mitchell and wighton did? Haha it's a fucking joke. But tbh, we really, really did dodge a bullet here, stacking your salray cap with an overpriced forward pack gets you bottom 8. Spine, spine, spine with hard nosed players around them with a couple leaders. No matter the era, that's what wins you games...

It's clear that those two ate our Nain priority, which is why any offer to Fifita would have been limited

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Crom
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Old Mate
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.