Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I think this is in the best interests of the game. Personally I really don't like the look of it either having a star of the Dragons leave in favour of a club at the top of the table. Whilst part of me thinks, **** the NRL it seems to be good enough for Sydney clubs to do it, why not us. But that's part of why I love the Broncos. No concessions, no hand outs just hard work and effort.

Dreams over, I reckon he’s been told they will have another look at it at the end of the season, so Benny has to be a good boy and keep his head down for the rest of the season before jetting off to Aveo on the Gold Coast to live out his twilight years.

Not speaking directly to this situation but it does shit me to tears that the clubs do have all the power. I mean we always say contracts don't mean a thing anymore but we see so regularly if a club wants a player gone they simply drop him, shop him to other clubs or tell him you're welcome to leave.

In this instance the player wants out and he's told no you're expected back at training and to complete your contract.

I'm not saying either situation is right but how do the dragons think this ends well for them? The marquee player says he wants out and they say no you'll stay two more years. Do you really want a bloke who's heart isn't in it running your team the next two years?

Any player can do exactly what the Dragons are doing and say sorry I am here for two years not moving an inch.

It's just they don't and take the release. The clubs have the power because players give it to them.

We'll join the vultures. You'll just have to own it I'm afraid.

The Broncos are no different to Roosters, Storm & Penrith. I don't want to hear anyone badmouthing them anymore on the matter. There is no conspiracy against us.
Hey mate, as far as the conspiracy stuff goes, I'm with you. I think the refereeing crap we see happens to a lot of teams and is just them being incompetent.

As for the "Broncos are no different to Roosters, Storm & Penrith" stuff, of course they are, because we have different things against these teams, not just the mid season transfer possibility. Just because we do 1 thing the same doesn't mean we do everything the same.

With the Roosters, most of the hate against them revolves around the salary sombrero and lack of developing juniors. We are not like the Roosters.

With the Storm, it's the salary cap cheating years and/or the wrestle etc that has damaged the game. We are not like the Storm.

The Panthers though, well there's not too much wrong with them, and if we are like them it's probably not an insult. We just don't like their arrogance but we'd probably be the same if we had won anything recently.

Surely they can do that even if they release him to us on a 'loan' (Harry Grant style) until the end of the year. He'll still be contracted to them from next year onwards. I reckon they're delusional enough to think that they can make him honour his entire contract.
Dead in the water.

No, it's not. They both wanted to break a signed contract. You actually believe the homesick line?

No one is paying hunt more than what he is currently on. It’s definitely a different situation. I also did want us to release Haas, like I’d want to release Hunt if I was dragons.

Broncos sold off Quai Ward .
Should have a top 30 spot free ? 1 1910 ??

Conspiracy alert . Broncos knew Bhunt was considering leaving . Opened up a slot . Kevvie went to the Dragons dinner made a pact with Hunt .If Hook gets the boot he`s coming home . When it was clear it was going to happen Kev broke the news to Paix who chucked a wobbly so Smoothy got a promotion .
And that`s why marijuana should be legalised .

What you say Morkel Morkel ?
I like it, I like it a lot

Brent Read has been listening to the delusions of the Dragons board a little too much.

He's basically said that the Dragons by refusing to release Hunt, are in a strong position and can bleed both us and the Titans dry before releasing Hunt.

If that is the Dragons plan, then IMO, it will backfire pretty badly on them, leaving them with an unhappy player taking up 800k+ a year that could be better spent. While I have no doubts Hunt will continue to give 100%, but an unhappy player is unlikely to consistently perform at their best.

For us, Hunt is a luxury buy that we won't give up the farm for a 4 month cameo.

The Titans are a different story, but will they really give up the farm for a 32 year old

Brent Read has been listening to the delusions of the Dragons board a little too much.

He's basically said that the Dragons by refusing to release Hunt, are in a strong position and can bleed both us and the Titans dry before releasing Hunt.

If that is the Dragons plan, then IMO, it will backfire pretty badly on them, leaving them with an unhappy player taking up 800k+ a year that could be better spent. While I have no doubts Hunt will continue to give 100%, but an unhappy player is unlikely to consistently perform at their best.

For us, Hunt is a luxury buy that we won't give up the farm for a 4 month cameo.

The Titans are a different story, but will they really give up the farm for a 32 year old
Exactly. I can't see how holding a 33 year old half who has offered to pay money out of his own pocket for a release is a good move. I can't see him there next year, and if he is he could very well be pissed off and go through the motions. Holding him this year when they're out of contention is a move designed to save face off the back of media scrutiny.

If I was the Dragons I'd be asking for a player swap (Paix would be acceptable for both parties as he's not going to get game time for us if we have Hunt and the Dragons have been crying out for a 9 for ages) + cash from Brisbane for this year and a player or two from the titans if he goes there next year. Say the Dragons get Paix + Sexton and/or TBoyd + extra cash on the cap by releasing a highly paid player early then surely that's a net benefit to them.

Exactly. I can't see how holding a 33 year old half who has offered to pay money out of his own pocket for a release is a good move. I can't see him there next year, and if he is he could very well be pissed off and go through the motions. Holding him this year when they're out of contention is a move designed to save face off the back of media scrutiny.

If I was the Dragons I'd be asking for a player swap (Paix would be acceptable for both parties as he's not going to get game time for us if we have Hunt and the Dragons have been crying out for a 9 for ages) + cash from Brisbane for this year and a player or two from the titans if he goes there next year. Say the Dragons get Paix + Sexton and/or TBoyd + extra cash on the cap by releasing a highly paid player early then surely that's a net benefit to them.

I get the feeling they're listening to the media and instead of trying to get the likes of Paix / Sexton. They'll be greedy and go for Mozer / Campbell, which is a pipe dream at best.

This whole fiasco has been nothing but chaos & truly sucked away the squad. The performance yesterday is the proof. The incompetent Deagqueens can get screwed for all I care. Our boys can now regroup & play like we’ve been doing to stay on top of the ladder.

At this point I just want the media to shut up about it so Kevie can rally the troops and kick their asses at training for putting up that headless chook effort without all the media BS. Still would grab hunt if he is made available but the media whining is just annoying at this point. Between Hunt, Walsh being the worst person in the world(allegedly) and claiming we are now going to drop out of the 8 like last year I just can't look at it anymore. Broncos should just go on a full media ban and just regroup.

so where are the journo's questioning why brooks(lol) is leaving to join manly a club higher on the ladder than them?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.