Broncos v Storm Redcliffe trial updates

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ben Hunt needs to play QLD cup and force his way into the team, I think he is ready for it now but needs to earn it... The more I hear Griffin speak the more I think he will be great for our club.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
user_nat said:
[quote="Big Pete":2ndbb5sb]There's footage on the official Broncos website.
Where? Can't seem to find any..[/quote:2ndbb5sb]
It's in the Griffin interview...

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Ta, BD.

Watching the first 10 mins Troncs offloading is awesome. Not just flopping it out the back, but thrown with purpose to players in motion.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
What was Cronk thinking bombing to Gagai all game [icon_drun

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Titans trial is also there for anybody interested.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:

Was Gagai good under the high ball?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Big_Dave said:

Was Gagai good under the high ball?

Very good. Not only diffusing them but making great metres downfield as well.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
The thing I liked about the back three from the Redcliffe game was that they were very dangerous on their kick returns, and the first scoot from dummy.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Finally caught the game. Was a solid win although I really think it came down to the Broncos being able to control the ball better than Melbourne who were unable to really mount any pressure. I also think they missed Billy's speed on the flanks.

- Front row impressed me, thought we won the battle of the ruck and the performances of Parker, Tronc and McGuire (in that order) should be commended and Ando and Dane deserve honorable mentions. If you ask me, I thought Ando out-played Dane in the two trials I watched.

- The fringe forwards disappointed me, came up with too many errors and usually let the Storm off the hook. Te'o was probably the pick of the bunch as he came up with a number of good plays but it was disappointing given the amount of hype.

- Wallace may as well only played 5 minutes given how little he contributed. He parked himself on the left all night and stood very flat with his outside men - he very rarely kicked and the only time he tried something different was when he went for his pattenent 'run it to the line, inside pass' play to Hoffman.

- Back three started well and were all good inside the Broncos half but rarely got the ball inside the attacking zone. I blame Wallace and the fringe forwards mostly.

- Lockyer was Lockyer, controlled things nicely without really blowing the game apart. Macca was probably my stand out playmaker, kept peppering the Storm through the ruck before giving Lockyer room on the outside, came up with a few breaks and a couple of good kicks. Hunt did well but wish he had of been given more time at half, his service from dummy half is noticibly slower than Macca's and he appeared more comfortable when he wasn't confined to the dummy half role.

- Hodges was fairly disappointing I thought - threw a silly pass that I think nearly lead to an intercept try and then came off.

- Speaking of centres, Reed or Beale? Reed probably had the better game, but he was given more room to work with considering he was on Lockyer's side. Beale was given more game time, but most of his runs came from dummy half where he was making upwards of 8-10m a run. I'd give it to Beale at this stage, but wouldn't be so quick to rush Hodges back and would be fine with Reed filling the right centre position until Justin is 100% healthy. The forgotten man Copley has the instincts but the guy has to hit the weights some more, he's just too skinny at this stage.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
The forgotten man Copley has the instincts but the guy has to hit the weights some more, he's just too skinny at this stage.
His defense is his problem, physically he is quite capable and he has bulked up well since his shoulder reco.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought his lack of size was his problem in d, had no problem running in on Tonga in the Titans trial but bringing him down was another thing.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.