Can we talk about the Pay/Klemmer hit job on an 19 yr old, 2nd gamer?

Klemmer wouldn't be much of a forward if he didn't target an area in which he thought was vulnerable. He didn't target anyone anyways as Haas was tackled around his feet causing his head to impact Klemmer's shoulder. This is all split second stuff. Wasn't worthy of a penalty and it's a shame that Payne is suffering some pain but this is Rugby League. These things can occur from time to time. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

Title says it all.

Seems no one is calling this out.

Pay deliberately and specifically held Klemmer back to do a hit job on Haas, and then Klezmer delivered with a premeditated attack.

No one on the field knocked Klemmers head off in retaliation? No one even seems to give a ****?

If you think it was accidental you are naive. At its excusable best, the actual hit was reckless. But the whole thing was premeditated for days. Pay doing the same shit as a coach he did as a player.

Except Klemmer was on the field in the first half... He wasn’t ‘held back’ until Haas came on...

absolutely nothing in it .., and if the situation was reversed, we would be absolutely filthy if one of our players was penalised in the same circumstances

Can I interest you in a hat? We have one spare right now.

Please don't quickly dismiss me as an idiot, but I'm actually now wondering if his elligibility to play for NSW is just fake news. If it's unknown if he's even 18 or 19, it seems pretty clear someone has forged his birth certificate at some point. Did anyone even know him growing up? I mean where was he born? NSW? Kenya? Hawaii? And are Kenya & Hawaii in QLD. If you play the "that's in QLD" song in reverse and at half speed, it seems to indicate they are at the 23 second mark.

It's alll starting to make sense now. Well more sense than David Klemmer talking to the refs, anyway.

You know the real conspiracy? Before the game, I saw Bulldogs plays digging little holes in the field. And then during the game I saw they were wearing those Nike floating shoes, I didn't think they were legal yet.

It didn't seem deliberate to me. Klemmer and Haas are tall and Haas seemed to duck into it. Just bad luck.

I think we can all a agree it was accidental, but it was definitely a penalty to us.

Yes but....the fact remains, Klemmer made contact with the head. Accidental or not....you can't do that and it should have resulted in a penalty and Klemmer being cited by the match review committee.

I don't have a problem with that either. I also have no problem with it being called a penalty if it had been but nevertheless, it cannot be argued that it was premeditated or deliberate. Haas was falling fast.

100% a penalty every day of the week. Not sure how the refs missed it.

It's an accidental head shot. Penalty and nothing else.

Please don't quickly dismiss me as an idiot, but I'm actually now wondering if his elligibility to play for NSW is just fake news. If it's unknown if he's even 18 or 19, it seems pretty clear someone has forged his birth certificate at some point. Did anyone even know him growing up? I mean where was he born? NSW? Kenya? Hawaii? And are Kenya & Hawaii in QLD. If you play the "that's in QLD" song in reverse and at half speed, it seems to indicate they are at the 23 second mark.

It's alll starting to make sense now. Well more sense than David Klemmer talking to the refs, anyway.

tenor.gif

Teach me.

Head shot should be immediate penalty regardless of accidental or not. This is a game that will suffer an increasing number of claims against it for head trauma related injuries, and the only way to help their claims in the future is to aim to prevent or reduce the severity of the injuries.

I don't think anyone thinks Klemmer went out there to knock the guy out, but it can't be permitted without at least a penalty midgame.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Hurrijo
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.