10: Kade Snowden
11: Joel Thompson
12: Tyson Frizell
13: Josh Jackson

14: Jackson Bird
15: Paul Vaughn
16: Tariq Sims
17: Ryan James

Should be an entertaining showcase. I like some of the risks being taken and can't wait to see how some of the players handle the occasion.

You're a country boy right Bman? I'm sorry to say but I'm backing Freddy's team on this occasion. Always had a soft spot for the space cadet and I like a lot of players in his team. If only he didn't select Reynolds, it'd be a no-brainer.

Is there some rule in the country where every 2nd boy has to have a name beginning with J?

Keary out. No surprises there..

Walker out, as well.

Those two won't be playing Origin this year.

Am I the only one who would be terrified of James Roberts getting an origin spot, he's the sort of player who can just win a game by himself

Mullen out. Bird moved to the halves. Rein added to the bench.

I take it they don't rate Sezer?

Origin chances of the players selected

City

Matt Moylan - A strong game by Moylan on Sunday will go a long way to winning the fullback spot. If I was a NSW selector Moylan would be first in line

James Tedesco - Just a squad filler but a reward for some great form for the Tigers. Good to have him for the experience as he is a potential future player

James Roberts - I view Roberts as a potential smokey for a NSW spot although he would still be at long odds to get a go this year. Been great for the Titans this year and is a potential future player if he continues the form he is in

Waqa Blake - City debut after just 4 first grade games. Squad filler but he looks like a very good player from what i've seen. Backing from Brad Fittler helps

Daniel Tupou - I expect Tupou to retain his Origin spot as he would be in my team if I was a selector. A strong performance would cement his spot for this year

Josh Reynolds - Under pressure to retain his spot although I still think he is a shoe in to play this year as well. Will be keen to impress to keep his spot

Blake Austin - No chance of being picked and is called up after Luke Keary withdrew. Looks like a good player from what i've seen

Andrew Fifita - I think Fifita on his day is one of the best front rowers in the game and if he impresses he will earn a recall to the NSW team. Had a solid 2013 series from memory and has been very good for the Sharks this year

Nathan Peats - Would be the next in command if Farah got injured.

David Klemmer - Makes his return after suspension. A strong performance from Klemmer could see him get a bench spot as like Roberts I view Klemmer as a potential bolter for this year's series.

Curtis Sironen - Squad filler not much to say

Wade Graham (Captain) - I believe Wade Graham is a good chance of playing Origin in the near future and gets a chance to show it on Sunday.

Tyrone Peachey - Could be a potential future NSW player so I believe his selection is good for the experience. Has some great skill like his uncle that would come in handy in rep games.

Bench

Joseph Paulo - Squad filler

Reagen Campbell-Gillard - Squad filler

Kane Evans - Squad filler but some impressive form by him justifies his selection

Jason Clark - Making up the numbers like most of the bench imo. I also haven't seen enough of them to know if they deserve a spot or not

Country team

David Mead:
2nd game for Country after debuting last year. Mead is just making up the numbers if you ask me as he has almost no chance of ever playing for NSW. Moylan/Stewart/Dugan/Wighton would all be ahead of him in the fullback role

Akuila Uate - 3 game for Country. Would be at long odds to ever make an Origin side again but if he returned to peak form he would be considered. Don't rate his chances for this year.

Jarrod Croker - Debut game. Doesn't have much of a chance of getting selected as he is just to much of a liability in defence and he won't get considered until he fixes it. Nice reward for some great points scoring.

Jack Wighton - 3rd game. Another player who I rate as a potential NSW player of the future. He has some strong competition for a spot at the moment but I feel Wighton will play Origin in the future if he doesn't drop off. His form this year warrants a spot.

James McManus - 5th game. Really praying he doesn't get picked. I rate him as a solid player at club level but not a representative level player. NSW were scrapping the bottom of the barrel when he was called up for the decider in 2013 and Mansour should've been picked over him in the 3rd game last year. Can't remember the situation when he was picked in 2009. Hopefully just making up the numbers.

Jack Bird - Debut game after just 4 games for the Sharks. He wouldn't get picked this year if I had my way and there is very little chance he will. I read from Brett Kimmorley today that he rates him a smokey for a bench spot but I wouldn't pick him. Hopefully he takes a lot out of the experience for Country though.

James Maloney -2nd game. I'm a fan of Maloney as a player and I think he is a chance of a recall this year. The Roosters are on top of the points scoring lists and he has been very good in the games i've seen. An impressive performance from him will strengthen his chances

Dale Finacune - 2nd game. Not quite sold on Finacune yet that can always change

Ryan Hinchclife - 3rd game. He is making up the numbers as there is no chance he will ever get an Origin spot now, won MOM in 2011 and I thought he was unlucky then but his window has passed for NSW chances.

Kade Snowden - 2nd game. He has fizzed out since joining Newcastle and would need to have an epic season for him to ever enter calculations again. To many up and coming NSW front rowers are well ahead of him

Joel Thompson - 2nd game. I rate Thompson as a potential NSW player if injuries struck as he has a game that would suit representative level. Always willing to do the hard work.

Tyson Frizzel - Debut game, not sure who said this but someone rates Frizzel as a potential smokey but I doubt it. He might play in the future as he has impressed me and deserves a spot. Like Bird hopefully the experience benifts him

Josh Jackson - 2nd game. I rate Jackson as a player highly and I feel he is another potential Origin player of the future. Shows how much talent is coming through the NSW ranks. Would usually be pissed than Shaun Fensom wasn't named but he hasn't been at his best this year imo

Bench

Mitch Rein -
2nd game. Really can't see him playing Origin as Farah/Peats/J.Reynolds are ahead of him for the hooker position.

Paul Vaughn -2nd game. I rate Vaughan as a talent who is a NSW player of the future and will probably play Origin at some point and possibly this year if he performs very well on Sunday and in the build up

Tariq Sims - 4th game. I would love to see Tariq play for NSW at some point and i'm certain he will eventually but he injury has stuffed him a bit. Maybe if he makes an impression he might catch the eye of selectors.

Ryan James - 2nd game. Another player who has been talked up as a player of the future but he will be in cosideration at some point i guess. Rate James and it's good to see him get another go.

I just received my Country Origin jersey which I ordered online (2010 on field one). I love it and can't wait to wear it on Sunday.

Halftime Country 12 City 10

Reynolds just booked himself a holiday.

Reynolds isn't even first grade standard anymore

Reynolds will probably get off if NSW want him to play..

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Lostboy
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.