City Vs Country

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I noticed that there wasn't a thread named for this, so I decided to make one.

NSW City: Wade McKinnon, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Chris Lawrence, David Williams, John Sutton, Peter Wallace, Keith Galloway, Robbie Farah, Luke Stuart, Trent Waterhouse, Mark Minichiello, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Craig Wing, Shane Shackleton, Adam Cuthbertson, Ryan Hoffman.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33137

NSW Country: Luke Patten, James McManus, Matt Cooper, Jamie Lyon, Joel Monaghan, Terry Campese, Jarrod Mullen, Josh Perry, Michael Ennis, Michael Weyman, Andrew Ryan (capt), Ben Creagh, Alan Tongue. Interchange: Justin Poore, Steve Simpson, Anthony Tupou, Ben Hornby. 18th man: Beau Scott.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33136

Interesting to see that Mitchell Pearce left out all together and Jamie Lyon was selected, but overall I think both sides are quite strong.

I'm going to tip Country by 10. I like the halves combination of Campese and Mullen and I think that's exactly what NSW should do when they select their team, and I think they have the superior forward pack with Weyman, Creagh, Ryan, Ennis and Poore all in great form.

I read that Bellamy wanted Wallace to play the full 80mins, so that doesn't leave any room for Pearce. I also think that Joel Clinton should have made one of those teams (even if only on the bench) he has been 1 of our best almost every week, he has really stepped it up this year.

I know they have named Mullen at half for the Country side, but i think he showed on Saturday night that he is a 5/8, I think that NSW should name Wallace at halfback and Mullen at 5/8.

Can't argue with those selections, some very good players in there. Might actually turn out to be a decent match.

Country has a better halves combo and forward pack, city has a better backline.

I thought Beau Scott would have got a run tbh over Jamie Lyon. Poore should have got a start over Perry.

The odd man out will be Joel Monahagn, if Darius Boyd is fit he own't get a test jumper or a City Country game either.

Hey, it has a valuable purpose: having potential blues bash the crap out each other.

I actually prefer city country over origin for the main fact that there isn't a whole big beat up about it. I am going for City mainly because three of my boys are in it lol

Blondie said:
Darius doesnt play city country hes a QLDER

Think Jester is referring to the fact that Monaghan is going into camp with the Aust team as shadow for Boyd, as he is currently injured and therefore misses out on selection in City/Country; so if Boyd is fit and plays Friday night, then Monaghan misses out altogether.

Coxyz said:
LOLZ. City-Country.

Most useless. Rep game. Ever.

Evidenced by the fact they put it on the same night as the test match (though is does show they didn't expect to get many players in the Aussie team)

Coxyz said:
LOLZ. City-Country.

Most useless. Rep game. Ever.

+1

The man of the match from the last few city v country matches hasn't even been selected in the SOO team. Just goes to show how much of an origin selection trial it is these days

Should be a pretty decent game and it will be close as it always is. Realistically though Country should smoke City, particularly if Lawrence and Jennings are out.

My tip is Country by 8

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.