Corey Parker announces retirement

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
i still think he has at least 1 year in him at the top level.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
His story is a great story. Through years of hard work and commitment he got himself to the top by giving his best with a desire to get better. Got better with age and turned a good player into a great one.

Congratulations on a magnificent career Corey and we wish you the very best in retirement.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Definitely feels like a tap on the shoulder. This is fucking depressing, as it always felt like he could go on forever, and he always looked set to continue for a while longer. :bawling:

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It's now or years later for that premiership then.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
screaming_baby.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Boooo-urns. I honestly think he's still got enough in the tank to go on.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Re: Reports: Parker to Retire - Monday Announcement

If Parker is retire end of this season. Who gone be playing next season as lock for Broncos? I think Wayne will use Blair and arrow as lock in the game. I don't get it. There was articles about Parker to extent 2 years of contract with Broncos. Now retirement.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm seriously shocked. Parker is still a world class forward, could without a doubt go on for at least another year and still be world class.

He is also one of my favourite ever Broncos :( Really sucks to lose him and Hodges in successive years :(

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Awful news. Cozza is my favourite player. Broncs won't be the same without him marshalling the middle of the park.

Very surprising given his previous statements about going around again. Massive loss.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It definitely sucks, he's still playing incredibly, but you've gotta respect the man for going out at his peak rather than waiting for his inevitable decline.

A part of me assumes that this is a similar scenario to Hodges retiring a year early, Hodges retired so we could re-sign Kahu & Thaiday, and sign Roberts - Parker is retiring so we can re-sign Gillett, sign Inglis and keep Arrow.

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
I'd say he got a media gig he couldn't refuse so decided to retire a year early. I hope we can win it for him this year !

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How would freeing up Cozza's money help us retain anybody? Isn't he on fairly small dollars comparatively while also on the veteran's allowance, etc?

That said, as much as he is a HUGE loss, absolutely HUGE, if it means we can sign Inglis, it is not that bad really is it?

So, if we offload Reed (hopefully), Parker and some dead wood, (maybe Glenn as well but probably not needed now), i would imagine:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. KNik/JNik/??
15. Thaiday
16. Pangai Jr
17. Joffa/Arrow

Something like that?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
We can move another player into the veterans allowance. Plus TPAs will be freed up.

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
Wow Wow Wow.....i'll say it again Wow. I would of nearly bet my life that he would of gone around for another season. Very Surprised!

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I called this at the beginning of the year, Wayne rewarded his service by making him captain this year just as he did with Hodgo but now its time to make way.

He has been immense tho......

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Cozza doing it tough emotionally at the press conference, but powering through.

What a champion. Thanks for everything Corey!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rookie Alan
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.