Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

The titans have absolutely nothing to work with around him. He hasn't been great but **** me this is not an individual sport where you can do everything. Statistically he has had a very good year and the 2nd year syndrome has only really started to come in the last 6 weeks. He was very good prior.

Also the idea that he is a very poor defender is off the mark imo. He has struggled with decision making but his outside men haven't exactly been helping out. He is fairly strong in contact compared to other halves. Look at his mate over on the other side in Elgey. That is what you call an allround poor defender

They have been signing up the fringe players but we will go bang one in swoop get taylor and they will not know what has hit them

You can throw in james Tedesco too. That guy is seriously overrated. He gets talked up like some sort of messiah who is faster than Usain Bolt.

I thought he was very good during the SOO series .......which tells me when surrounded by better players (yes, the comparison of NSW being better than the Tigers is a stretch....but) when surrounded by better players, he does come into his own and is certainly capable of taking his game up a level.

I thought he was very good during the SOO series .......which tells me when surrounded by better players (yes, the comparison of NSW being better than the Tigers is a stretch....but) when surrounded by better players, he does come into his own and is certainly capable of taking his game up a level.
That's exactly why I don't think he is as good as the nsw media say he is though....
he doesn't make players around him better. All the great, or even the best currently, do. People have to create the space for him otherwise he spins around on the spot or gives his team mate a suicide pass. He will be good at the roosters because he will have opportunities made for him and he is a good defensive fullback now, but he is a bit of a 1 trick pony in my eyes

That's exactly why I don't think he is as good as the nsw media say he is though....
he doesn't make players around him better. All the great, or even the best currently, do. People have to create the space for him otherwise he spins around on the spot or gives his team mate a suicide pass. He will be good at the roosters because he will have opportunities made for him and he is a good defensive fullback now, but he is a bit of a 1 trick pony in my eyes
Not everyone has to be a halfback or 5/8. Tedesco is a good player.

Not everyone has to be a halfback or 5/8. Tedesco is a good player.
Billy Slater wouldn't make the tigers good would he?
If my team paid $1 million for a fullback they'd want to create some doubt in the defensive line and provide opportunities. He is a good player, not a great like nsw media want him to be, just like I said....

Can you tell me which Titans game he did it in because I'd love to go back and watch? And I don't give a shit about him managing an under 20s game. They weren't the finished article at 22 either but were never hyped up using their under 15s games as proof for something we have not seen against grown men.

He completely lacks a running game and he may as well kick the ball sideways instead of passing it.

It would have been a TV game since he signed for them, dont take much notice of the opposition when its not the Broncos. Have a look at some match reports and work it out if you are that interested. Shouldnt be that difficult.

And just because you dont care about the 20's ( or ISC maybe ) doesn't mean its not relevant. It shows there is a base talent to work with. Not sure who made you the arbiter of what games matter and what games dont in terms of picking a good player. Blokes like Peter Nolan and Cyrill Connell seemed to be able to pick players in youth games that have done very well for us, so its obviously its relevant to people in the game.

Maybe you are a top talent scout who has provided top NRL clubs with star players. I dont think you are, but i could be wrong! :D

It would have been a TV game since he signed for them, dont take much notice of the opposition when its not the Broncos. Have a look at some match reports and work it out if you are that interested. Shouldnt be that difficult.

And just because you dont care about the 20's ( or ISC maybe ) doesn't mean its not relevant. It shows there is a base talent to work with. Not sure who made you the arbiter of what games matter and what games dont in terms of picking a good player. Blokes like Peter Nolan and Cyrill Connell seemed to be able to pick players in youth games that have done very well for us, so its obviously its relevant to people in the game.

Maybe you are a top talent scout who has provided top NRL clubs with star players. I dont think you are, but i could be wrong! :D

The only try assist he created for about two months that wasn't from a kick was the pass he threw to an opposition player calling for the ball behind him.

He's very ordinary

If Milford struggles with Benji, is he going to struggle even more with Taylor?

A lot of players get scouted and amount to nothing. He isn't that guy yet and people need to stop acting like he is. I was tired of this Taylor potential talk a year ago and the bloke has legitimately gone backwards. Managing an NYC game is a fluke as each games winner is decided by a toss of the coin.

Maybe you're just some bloke who shows up to training sessions, but unless you're also a top talent scout who has provided top NRL clubs with star players, your opinion is worth the same as mine.

A lot of players get scouted and amount to nothing. He isn't that guy yet and people need to stop acting like he is. I was tired of this Taylor potential talk a year ago and the bloke has legitimately gone backwards. Managing an NYC game is a fluke as each games winner is decided by a toss of the coin.

Maybe you're just some bloke who shows up to training sessions, but unless you're also a top talent scout who has provided top NRL clubs with star players, your opinion is worth the same as mine.

Add that to the amount of jizz spilled on BHQ over the years about Player X in NYC, or Player Z from Q-Cup, and it's easy to get really jack of the constant "potential" players. I think BHQ has a strike rate around 10% for players who were talked up on the forum, who actually came in and played decent footy and made a career out of it.

The only try assist he created for about two months that wasn't from a kick was the pass he threw to an opposition player calling for the ball behind him.

He's very ordinary

He has been ordinary for the second part of the season. Last year and the first part of this season he was great.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spooky1013
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • maddo
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.