Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans

LOL @ the Manly site. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans :laugh:

I hope this isn't just DCE trying to bump his contract (which I doubt Manly can afford to do anyway) and there's a genuine chance we can sign him.

I'm mates with yow yeh and have a few of the younger boys on Instagram and I always see cherry Evans getting in on their personal jokes and paying them out etc so they are all pretty good mates with him. Hopefully they can lure him over, what a fuckin buy that would be. He'd be about the only manly player I like

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

It's probably just his manager trying to get more money out of Manly, they'll do whatever it takes to keep him... wouldn't you?

Yeah but they have a heap of players on big deals. They only just scraped in with BStewart's contract because the cap went up at the last minute (he was uncontracted until just a couple of days before the season started).

Manly haven't delivered on 3rd party deals like his contract has stipulated. They haven't honoured it, so he can leave.

The point of 3rd party deals is that the club can't honour them, or guarantee them. If they did, they'd be included in the cap.

Not exactly Morkel. There's 3rd party deals that can be guaranteed by the club and there's 3rd party deals that cannot be guaranteed by the club. Each club has a few hundred K on top of the cap for 3rd party deals which can be guaranteed. 3rd party deals which are independent of the club are not included int he salary cap because of course the club is not involved in it besides maybe helping him find the deal.

After signing hunt and still having Prince and Wallace knowing the broncos mindset there is no way in hell they will buy another half.. Fullback yes...

Can't see why his manager would be playing this out to "bump up his contract". He is contracted to 2015 iirc so that wouldn't be it. Is either airing manlys dirty laundry in hope of them coming through with the goods or is honestly looking for another club. (Haha honestly and player manager sounds so wrong)

Who gives a flying **** if we still have prince and Wallace, push one to q cup for all i care. Brisbane need to get some mongrel about them and recognise marquee signings. This is a great opportunity to snag a future great. They better at least give it a solid crack

i thought prince only signed for one year?

edit: nevermind google has corrected me. feck.

After signing hunt and still having Prince and Wallace knowing the broncos mindset there is no way in hell they will buy another half.. Fullback yes...

Wallace is on far from solid ground, Prince is hardly even on the Broncos' books (Titans still picking up the tab) and just because Hunt has re-signed doesn't guarantee him anything outside the bit-part bench role he's played over the last couple of seasons ... There's salary cap space galore at the Broncos as it stands and if the opportunity arose to poach a proven marquee number 7 who still has far more "tomorrows" than "yesterdays", the Broncos will step in.

I'm hopeful as anyone.. Love to have DCE but knowing our recruitment. . Or lack of.. Won't hold my breath.

I'm hopeful as anyone.. Love to have DCE but knowing our recruitment. . Or lack of.. Won't hold my breath.

This opportunity though is precisely what Gee was talking about. I'm optimistic.

This is the thing Hook was talking about when he said you never know what might happen and the club is just waiting for the right opportunity.

Prince has one more year, tops (really wouldn't surprise me if he hung up the boots this year) so you honestly think the broncos would be like "sorry DCE but we have prince for another year, so no deal"

Not exactly Morkel. There's 3rd party deals that can be guaranteed by the club and there's 3rd party deals that cannot be guaranteed by the club. Each club has a few hundred K on top of the cap for 3rd party deals which can be guaranteed. 3rd party deals which are independent of the club are not included int he salary cap because of course the club is not involved in it besides maybe helping him find the deal.

Cool, so my guess then would be that if Manly are in breach, then they have to be the guaranteed 3rd party ones, which means that it's like they're short-paying him. If this is true, then as has been said, either his manager is going public in order to shame Manly in to honouring their deal, or he's doing it to genuinely test the market. Any possibility that they simply can't afford him (for example, the future cap increases are already eaten by % clauses in other contracts), and they've overspent, and have done this on purpose to attempt to offload him? Maybe they had to decide between him & Stewart (who was the last to sign of the recent big names) and DCE is getting the boot? Oh how I do home so.

PS. I would comfortably pay $800k for DCE, and I am a mega tightarse. On Cronk's current form, DCE is arguably ahead atm.

Didn't Manly have cap trouble at the start of the season? Had trouble fitting BS in or something.

I hate both of them, but if either DCE or Cronk came to Broncos I would love them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.