12 Matt Gillett
13 Alex Glenn

14 Herman Ese'ese
15 Tevita Pangai Junior
16 Jai Arrow
17 Kodi Nikorima

18 Tom Opacic
19 Jaydn Su'A

Word is we are chasing a forward who could easily start for us.

Napa hopefully

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
id be suprised if both kahu and glenn are here next year, or beyond, (possibly Knik after 2018), cant see WB letting go of teddy blair but who knows

ive not heard much inside word on the foward from a syd perspective but FMD we could use one. Sua would be a sweet relacement for glenn if required, arrow for parker, mead i guess helps with a shuffle for kahu.. interesting

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
I wouldn't discount Moses pangai making the team somewhere.

He's played centres ever since being in the cowboys grand finalist Toyota cup team (and team of the year) and qcup '16 team of the year. But he's enormous (being tpj's older brother), wonder if he could bolster our bench if needed, granted he doesn't make the backline.

J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
My initial thought regarding Kearny going to the warriors was he would probably take a few kiwi boys with him. But after some thought I don't think many, if any would follow, not in 2017 anyway as I think they are all under contract and are all set to be career Broncos if they chose so.

Nickorima just re-signed.
Blair said he wants to finish his career in brisbane (i know players say this alot then move clubs anyway but i think he will stay).
Glenn could be offered a starting spot and potential a future captaincy/vice captaincy role as incentive I suppose but we could easily offer him a starting spot with Parker leaving aswell.
Kahu recently said he isn't even from Aukland with regards to him going to NZ for family reasons. But that rumour keeps popping up so you never know...

I'm probably more concerned about our fringe blokes like Offa, Arrow, Ese, Su'a etc...

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Offaengaue could leave the club. He has fallen well behind in the pecking line and might get salty about it and seek opportunities elsewhere.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Offaengaue could leave the club. He has fallen well behind in the pecking line and might get salty about it and seek opportunities elsewhere.

I know offa and ese haven't played in awhile but is Bennett maybe lining them up qcup to improve fitness for next year??

They were getting minimal minutes off the bench in first grade, but we will need big minutes from someone next year with Wallace and Parker gone.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I know offa and ese haven't played in awhile but is Bennett maybe lining them up qcup to improve fitness for next year??

They were getting minimal minutes off the bench in first grade, but we will need big minutes from someone next year with Wallace and Parker gone.

That's been my thinking too. Especially with the reduced interchange, you need match fit players.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
While I have no doubt Kearney and the Warriors would love the NZ Rep team, it won't happen. Salary cap will put a stop to it, not to mention the NRL (as it will consign Australia to permanent second place in the world rankings since we have to keep picking some NSW players in the Aust team.....)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He's on less that $150k apparently. So I'm okay with the signing.

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

Brisbane have snared a bargain.

The club’s newest recruit, David Mead, has cost them less than $150,000 for 2017.

It’s a saving of more than half of what Mead was earning at the Titans with his deal in 2016 believed to be worth around $330,000 a season.

By agreeing to just a one-year contract, it has kept the door ajar for the 27-year-old to pursue lucrative options in rugby overseas.

Mead was locked in as Titans fullback earlier this season, before being forced out of the team and then to the wing to accommodate Jarryd Hayne. Gold Coast had already decided that the off-contract PNG Test ace would not be re-signed for the value of his current contract and Hayne’s arrival sealed his exit.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Edit. Posted twice twice.

Last edited:
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008

Thought Wayne said something about Offa not being quite ready yet and there was also some talk of a rotation policy going around...

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Im thinking the titans picked up the rest of the tab for Mead. Didn't he have a contract for next year?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can't see how they let offa go we fought off all and sundry to sign him last time around. He's only 21 and used to play 80 at prop in the 20's (I know it's only the 20's).

We all know Bennett brings his junior forwards through extremely slow. Get the miles in his legs now and line him up for 40-50 off the bench next year.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Im thinking the titans picked up the rest of the tab for Mead. Didn't he have a contract for next year?

im almost certain this was the case.

EDIT: nope. just found an article from May saying he was off contract at end of this year

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
David Mead: Why I chose the Broncos - NRL.com

Future Bronco David Mead has denied feeling like a traitor for leaving the Titans for arch rival Brisbane next season, revealing that there was no formal offer tabled by Gold Coast to stay with the club in 2017.

One of the longest-serving members of the Titans and the club's all-time leading try-scorer, Mead advised teammates that he would be joining Brisbane on a one-year deal immediately after the Broncos ended their season in the elimination final last Friday.

Having attracted interest from a number of other NRL clubs and even a Super Rugby franchise, Mead told NRL.com that the history of the Broncos and opportunity to contend for a premiership next season was behind his decision.

"Under the circumstances that I was leaving I didn't really feel like I was a traitor or anything," said Mead. "Nothing formal came up [from the Titans] and Brisbane was the other club that I was really interested in.

"They've had a winning culture for a huge number of years and always been a pretty successful club.

"They've got a good coach up there and some good young halves and good fullback as well so that combination of things was the most appealing to me.

"I would have liked to have won a comp here but because I'm moving up to Brisbane now I'd like to win a comp with them next year.

"That's the ultimate goal and that's what I'd like to achieve up there."

"I'm not going up there thinking I'm going to walk straight into the team, I've got to work pretty hard to get into the side," said Mead, who scored 67 tries in 147 games for the Titans, third on the list for most games for the club.

"They've got players there coming through the system who are playing well and a lot of young guys in the outside backs who are playing really well as well.

"Being on the Goldie, I knew there was competition there but I always had the thought that I could make the team. But going up to Brisbane it's a new environment, new players and I know I'm not going to walk straight into the team.

"I'll make sure I have a good pre-season with them and try and get that spot come Round 1. Hopefully I'm playing pretty good football for them to want to re-sign me.

"That's a challenge that I've set for myself as well."

Last edited:

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • sooticus
  • Dash
  • lakers133334
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.