RUMOUR DCE to Cronulla

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Not sure exactly where i should post this but mail today is that cherry evans will knock back advances from the titans and to a lessor extent the broncos and take up an offer with the sharks..... if this comes through manly will be filthy. Hahahaha. Wait and see i guess.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: possible big news

So.. Sharks went from barely being able to afford Barba to being able to afford both Barba and DCE?

If it's true, then that's a bit suss...

Last edited:

They should be able to afford DCE if you look at their roster, especially if Gallen is goneskies... Strange choice from DCE though.

Great news for Hunt's long term test and origin aspirations.

Sometimes you see a post and just know it will get likes. This is one of those posts.

I'd still prefer if the Sharks never signed anyone worth while ever again.

On the one hand, playing behind the forward pack like the Sharks have is what halves want.

On the other hand, playing with a backline as poor as theirs is what they don't want. Only one of any worth in the 3/4 line seems to be Gerard Beale.

Just... be careful with what some of you insinuate (or directly suggest). It may be meant in jest but the forum rules still have to be adhered to.

DCE to Sharks, DCE to Titans. The merry go-round will never end!

DCE will be a huge signing for any team. Players like him can make players around them better players and just having someone like DCE on the field lifts a team.

On the other hand, playing with a backline as poor as theirs is what they don't want. Only one of any worth in the 3/4 line seems to be Gerard Beale.

There are some very good junior players coming up like Valentine Holmes and Jack Bird in the Cronulla backline and it's added Barba and has Sosaia Feki and Michael Gordon. Not the most damaging backline ever but I wouldn't be turning my nose up at it if I were coaching NRL. I remember when Cronulla finished equal 1st in 2008 and the most damaging outside back in the Sharks team was Luke Covell.

A good halfback can make the most ordinary backline look good. I'd wager that DCE would get more out of the nuffies in the Sharks squad than any other player.

I still think we should just kick the Sharks out of the competition, but some of their roster is pretty decent. Fifita, Gallen, Graham and Lewis are a strong forward unit and Holmes is highly rate. Leutele looks good to me and Gordon is still going as well. You add Barba and DCE and it has some potential.

Which is why I hope it never happens. I never want to see the Sharks have success.

No one wants to see Sharks successful, but on the other hand Manly will suffer as a result of the move so I'm all for DCE moving to the Sharks..

The Sharks will never win anything other than the spoon.

On the one hand, playing behind the forward pack like the Sharks have is what halves want.

Valentine Holmes, Michael Gordon, Jack Bird, Sami Sauiluma, Gerard Beale with Kyle Stanley, Nathan Gardner and Jacob Gagan as backup is not too bad though. Add Barba and DCE as their halves and their forward pack... it's a serious top 8, if not 4, contender.

Leutele & Feki are handy players in their own right too.

If they signed DCE for 2016, it wouldn't be too difficult to entice a Brendan Elliott, Jordan Drew, Richie Kennar, Solomone Kata, John Olive, Rob Jennings, Nathan Davis etc. over.

With that said, I'd hate to see DCE in Cronulla. My ideal outcome would see DCE stay with Manly, enabling the NRL the ability to advertise that club around him and keep the overall competition strong. If DCE went to a struggling club like Cronulla, I don't think it'd do much for the game in general.

The Gold Coast would be ideal.

Yeah Gold Coast would be ideal. As long as he leaves Manly though...

I'd love it if Manly keep a million aside for DCE, he pulls out at the last minute, and Manly have to spend most of that money in overs for a mediocre half in a rush before the 2016 season.

Though it will take a lot to top Sticky aiming for Milford, Tedesco, Proctor, etc, and ending up with Blake Austin.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bongo
  • The Don
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Galco
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.