RUMOUR Dylan Napa

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
http://www.zerotackle.com/brisbane-have-napa-in-their-sights-24443/

The Sydney Roosters have a battle on their hands to retain firebrand forward Dylan Napa with reports the Brisbane Broncos are prepared to offer the young prop $2.1 million to move north.
The Courier-Mail reports the Broncos have offered Napa the chance to tour Brisbane’s set-up in the strongest sign yet they are gunning for the Maroons hopeful.

[h=3]CRICKET: Dean Elgar defends South Africa's reverse swing strategy[/h]
[h=3][/h]
[h=3]MOTORSPORT: Fox Sports extends broadcasting deal in Australia[/h]
[h=3]MOTORSPORT: Pedrosa back in action after Japanese fall[/h]
[h=3]FOOTBALL: Hyundai A-League Round 6 squads[/h]

The Broncos aren’t the only club eyeing off Napa though, with up to six clubs keen on trying to lure him away from the Roosters. The 23-year-old is off contract at the end of 2017 and the Roosters are wary that clubs can effectively sign him right now for the 2018 season.

“We haven’t had an offer from the Broncos at this stage, but he’s not short of suitors,” Nap’s manager Steve Gillis said.
“Dylan will be a highly sought-after commodity on the player market.”

A wind turns into a hurricane. They even have the value of his potential contract. Watch this space.

Yeh Wayne doesn't pay overs for a prop. If you haven't figured that out yet then you need to go back and look at Wayne's history with expensive front rowers

The word on the street from people who probably don't know anything, is that the 2018 deal is done, but they want a release for next year.

If it was going to happen you'd think it'd have to before training starts in full swing.

Last edited:
Or they are waiting for Wayne to get back..or rooster are looking for some sort of compensation

Yeah but imagine you're Napa at pre season training for a week, and then telling your team mates. Oh, you know what, I'm off to the Broncs.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Roosters are doing a pre season thing in Dubai which you would assume Napa would be involved in... If I were a reported I'd be finding out if he was going or not... You wouldn't think uncle Nick would send him over there for some special thing if he was coming back to clean his locker out and head to Red Hill.

Yeah but imagine you're Napa at pre season training for a week, and then telling your team mates. Oh, you know what, I'm off to the Broncs.
He may have privately already told them, or let his intentions known to his team mates.

there was a reason we signed benji
The reason was because benji was down and out and not ready to finish his Nrl career yet. He called wayne up because he was wanting advise and guidance.. wayne listened to Benji, figured out he needed the help and thought to sign him even if there was no guarantee of a place in the top side.
He told benji, if you work your ass off in preseason and show me you're serious, sign for little money and make yourself competitive as a ball runner and we will see where you fit in. Make it about your game for you and not for the money.

So now benji is on a one year "back yourself" deal worth loose change. He will spend the preseason honing his skills as a centre and working on his defence. Come round 1, the other players in the side will rally around him if he earns their respect.

That's why we signed him. Only positives to that

The reason was because benji was down and out and not ready to finish his Nrl career yet. He called wayne up because he was wanting advise and guidance.. wayne listened to Benji, figured out he needed the help and thought to sign him even if there was no guarantee of a place in the top side.
He told benji, if you work your ass off in preseason and show me you're serious, sign for little money and make yourself competitive as a ball runner and we will see where you fit in. Make it about your game for you and not for the money.

So now benji is on a one year "back yourself" deal worth loose change. He will spend the preseason honing his skills as a centre and working on his defence. Come round 1, the other players in the side will rally around him if he earns their respect.

That's why we signed him. Only positives to that

nah wayne is gonna trade him for Napa
it makes sense :laugh:

Just a passing thought relating to the "Roosters are looking for compensation" comment.. Maybe we could pass them Alex Glenn? He's only got 1 year left on his contract at ~$350k or so and certainly doesn't have a long-term future at the Broncos with the likes of Su'A & Arrow coming through.. I think it would make our bench rotation far better and open up more minutes for the likes of Ese'ese & Pangai Jr.

It would also soften the blow of losing Napa for the Roosters and having Taukeiaho injured, making them more likely to release Napa for 2017.

Roosters 2017-

8. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Friend (c)
10. Liu
11. Glenn
12. Cordner
13. Guerra

14. Aubusson
15. Evans
16. Vunakece
17. Knight / Tetevano / Carter

Broncos 2017-

8. Napa
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ese'ese
17. Dodds

Last edited:
Also, I'm pretty sure the Roosters are doing a pre season thing in Dubai which you would assume Napa would be involved in... If I were a reported I'd be finding out if he was going or not... You wouldn't think uncle Nick would send him over there for some special thing if he was coming back to clean his locker out and head to Red Hill.

Did Dale Copely not go through the sprint training in America preseason then swap to the roosters?

True that. Still least my old memory is working. Lol

You do realise this exact thing happened with Copley last year right? He was signed with Broncos, went on the America trip the Broncos organised, and then went to roosters.

I would hate for them to trade out Glenn. He is a sensational player. Can play Second Row, Lock and in the Centres. Very very reliable player who was the Broncos Under 20s captain and has a lot of respect from the Broncos Players. I would be shocked if he was ever moved on. I still get the feeling that they may trade Hunt to para and have Nikorima in the squad this year. Who knows. I find it extremely unlikely that Benji would get a spot in the centres though. Kahu is very talented and should have the left centre spot, and with Mead, Pearson, Moga and Oates (if he is staying wing) surely 2 of those make up the wingers.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • john1420
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Ondi
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.