Dylan Walker

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Dylan Walker up there with Buhrer for worst Origin debuts but at least Buhrer wasn't as stupid.

Last edited:
Re: Top 10 Best & Worst Origin Debuts

Yep, Walker's in there now.

Steve Waugh would've had a quality sledge for Walker.

You just dropped the Origin shield, dickhead.

Yeah, just came here to say:

11. Dylan Walker

They used walker horrendously... He was a horrendous selection to begin with, but they used him so poorly

They used walker horrendously... He was a horrendous selection to begin with, but they used him so poorly

Yeah I kinda feel sorry for him(not really). He was expected to come on with less than 10 to go and win the game for them on debut. Not surprised he muffed it.

I dunno. The plan had merit. All 33 other players were fucked. Walker has some toe and if NSW were able to squeeze a half decent offload he could be through. And if he milks that better, NSW get a penalty and the ball 40 out with a full set to win the game.

Very happy it failed.

I dunno. The plan had merit. All 33 other players were fucked. Walker has some toe and if NSW were able to squeeze a half decent offload he could be through. And if he milks that better, NSW get a penalty and the ball 40 out with a full set to win the game.

Very happy it failed.

I don't feel that's worth it in origin... Too high risk imo... We may have done it in the past with Bowen with some reward but the variance is to high iyam...

I don't feel that's worth it in origin... Too high risk imo... We may have done it in the past with Bowen with some reward but the variance is to high iyam...

And you could ask if NSW may have had more fight at the end if they had another forward on the bench...

The thing is, there are and were much better options for pretty much every possible reason Walker could have been used for. Utility? Bird, Lewis and even Matterson would have all been better choices. Zip out of dummy half? Peats could have done it since Walker has never played there anyway. Speed? Ok Walker is decent enough but there are other options. Impact player? Go with Graham or Peachey. X-Factor? Walker has never shown he has anything close to it and at least Peachey and Graham and Bird again do have something the resembles it. It just made no sense and predictably failed.

So glad to see the walker experiment went exactly as poorly as anyone with half a brain knew it would.

Waste of time with minimal minutes yes. But the stupidity of the selection is that Laurie couldn't pull a forward off to replace with Walker any sooner. That game was grind and Walker would have just provided a weak point in the line.

Typical Bozo selection.

If any Manly player deserved selection in the Blues, it was Tom Trbojevic but of course Bozo protects him (like he protected Lyon, Orford, Watmough, G. Stewart, Kite) and throws in an out of form player in like Dylan Walker.

NSW will act as if he cost them the game, but really he had the least amount of influence on the game. He just shouldn't have been there.

Peats or Ennis will come in.

Yep one of the worst debuts ever. Was against his selection and unfortunately I was right. I might be harsh but he would have to be one of the worst players I've seen play for Australia or NSW for that matter.

They'll just bring in another forward IMO.

It does put some credence to the theory that walker was only picked because he was assured a nsw Jersey to sign with manly...

Not sure I see the merit in Ennis coming off the bench. He isn't as equipped as other hookers to exploit tiring forwards IMO.

Peates strikes me as an origin player - one that would step up to the occasion.

If they are going to pick another hooker on the bench, it has to be Ennis.

He has taken his game to another level this year, and I think he would have really exposed us up the middle tonight when our forwards started to tire. He has always been good at exploiting tiring forwards, IMO.

And then there is the club combination factor..

He would have been a better selection than Walker.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • KickHaas
  • BroncosAlways
  • PETERN
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • thenry
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.