Eligibility Rules

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
With all this recent fraca about Tuiaki and Moimoi not being able to play for Tonga, yet Anthony Tupou gets to switch teams in less than a day is laughable..

The RLIF should just let the two play for Tonga, theyve let Kaufusi so why not ?

Tricky one. They do have rules in place (deadlines etc when eligibility applications must be in). Can't let people just change willy nilly or it's a free for all, plus they don't have time to verify the validity/eligibility.

Then we have a Nathan Fein scenario again.

Spot-on, Coxy. It's a joke anyway, but to let people switch this late? Well, that'd make a bad thing that much worse IMO.

Tupou shouldnt have been able to switch then. He was named for Tonga.. Sticky must have pulled some strings! I guess some of the Samoan guys had a heads up that they werent going to get picked for NZ and put in early to switch allegiences

^
Agreed.
Can't let it be a free for all but I wish they could turn the other way for the world cup on a case by case basis, just for pure entertainment and to make the tournament! I know I know.... legalities and so worth, but still... meh.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.