End of Origin....Australian 17

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Origin is over, NSW still suck at life.

However, before the finals hit and great players are rested prematurely, thereby somehow making them forgotten to idiotic national selectors, if you were picking the Australian top 17 for the 4 nations, what would the side be?

I have an epic backline, which won't be selected because selectors are too scared to try orsmness;

1. Hayne
2. Inglis
3. Jennings
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civinoceva
9. Cam Smith
10. Price
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. Harrison

14. Gidley
15. Hannant
16. Poore
17. Stewart

- Myles is better than Hannant (on field) IMO
- Would love to see Harrison get the jersey and if they want a worker, there is none better in that role in the NRL
- Backline drips speed and skill
- No room for either of BHQ's favourite fullbacks
- Poore, Watmough and Creagh are dog *****, however even Benny Elias wore an Australian jersey once.....

Myles and Hannant should both be there IMO. And Glenn Stewart is one of the last players who deserves a spot in the side. Of course he'll still be there and Myles will probably miss out though.

I'd go with your team Hammo except
- Drop Jennings, Hayne to center, Slater to fullback
- Drop Stewart. Why does everyone rate him? He does nothing. Dunno who should replace him but surely there is someone.

Id have
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Jennings
5. Folau.

Hodges is good but not in the best of form still

Hayne's gotta be fullback. Love him or hate him (actually, just hate him) the bloke's a freak. Hammo's backline is perfect.

I'd have:

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston
7. Prince

Jennings reminds me of Matt Bowen. He carves up the medicore NRL teams, but just doesn't seem like he's going to make a huge impression in rep teams.

Lockyer is past it.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Id have
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Jennings
5. Folau.

Hodges is good but not in the best of form still

+1. Inglis to play right side.

I would have

01. Hayne
02. Jennings
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Folau
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Civoniceva
09. Smith
10. Price
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. Harrison

14. Hannant
15. Poore
16. Thaiday
17. Gidley

I'd go with:

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges / Tonga
5. Folau / Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Prince

Slater is the best fullback, but Hayne is just in devastating form these last few months. What to do? Put them both in!

Folau and Boyd is a tough decision - Boyd will never let you down, and as Origin 3 showed us he's got the makings of an impressive attacking arsenal going on. Those fends he did on Hayne were almost eerily Inglis like. Can catch a bomb almost as well as Folau, just doesn't do the flashy AFL-style catches, and is better in defence than Folau.

Hodges and Tonga..... Tonga had the better Origin series and we've all seen just how good he can be, back in like 2004/2005 - he was the best centre in the game until he got injured. I'll always remember that game against the Roosters where he just made Hodges look like a second rate reserve grader, even fending him off twice in the one line break.

Leaving Lockyer out might hurt in my heart a bit, but seriously - his form this entire year has been nothing short of disappointing. Prince on the other hand has been incredible for the last 2 years, and Thurston is the most valuable player in the game.

1. Hayne
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston
7. Prince
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Hannant
11. Watmough
12. Harrison
13. Creagh

14. Poore
15. O'Donnel
16. Bailey
17. Gidley

1. Inglis
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Hannant
16. Thaiday
17. Poore

1. Hayne
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Harrison

14. Gidley
15. Hannant
16. Thaiday
17. Poore

I agree with Hammo's team however, Berrigan needs to be there and at hooker. Bring back Shaun!

Pretty sure he's not going to be selected for the Four Nations tourney because he's playing Super League. And Berrigan over Smith????

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.