FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Looks like League title race between Arsenal and City now.

The Klopp farewell tour is ending with a real whimper.

What a shame

@The True King you ok?
I'm great haha watched abit of the 2nd half. No surprise really, we're gassed.

Fortunately, I conceded the race after the Palace game so I can no longer get hurt in this run in. It is the hope that kills you and that was the end as far as I was concerned.

Would be nice if they could now just focus on giving Klopp a few decent games to send him off, but he's been the architect of our demise with his team selections so I'm very much prepared for the season to end in a whimper.

The Klopp farewell tour is ending with a real whimper.

What a shame
Said above, he's only got himself to blame.

The players have to some extent let him down, but he's also the one selecting them when he's got other options. It's absolutely criminal that Harvey Elliott isn't starting games right now given how he's performed this season and how much he gives for the shirt.

That alone has infuriated me more than any of the results or performances.

Ready for Klopp and Mo to go and both excited/optimistic to see what happens next

Said above, he's only got himself to blame.

The players have to some extent let him down, but he's also the one selecting them when he's got other options. It's absolutely criminal that Harvey Elliott isn't starting games right now given how he's performed this season and how much he gives for the shirt.

That alone has infuriated me more than any of the results or performances.

Ready for Klopp and Mo to go and both excited/optimistic to see what happens next
Pick of the managers being mentioned, who do you want next?

Pick of the managers being mentioned, who do you want next?
No idea, my preference was Alonso.

I can't claim to have watched or know much about Slot who seems quite likely now and aligns with our preference for Dutch system players/coaches. It's clear they want someone who's going to play attacking, technical football and maintain the high press. Not sure what happened with Amorim but I think the system change for his style would have been tricky for our squad and fans to adjust to.

Someone like De Zerbi or Franke I'd be fine with, I just think we need someone with charisma and energy. The infrastructure is already there for whoever comes in to succeed but I expect meltdowns from our fanbase and trolling from rivals regardless.

Obviously neither of these guys are available but I would have loved either Emery or Ange.

Ultimately I'll be calm (probably underwhelmed but optimistic) with whatever Edwards does, provided its not Southgate.

No idea, my preference was Alonso.

I can't claim to have watched or know much about Slot who seems quite likely now and aligns with our preference for Dutch system players/coaches. It's clear they want someone who's going to play attacking, technical football and maintain the high press. Not sure what happened with Amorim but I think the system change for his style would have been tricky for our squad and fans to adjust to.

Someone like De Zerbi or Franke I'd be fine with, I just think we need someone with charisma and energy. The infrastructure is already there for whoever comes in to succeed but I expect meltdowns from our fanbase and trolling from rivals regardless.

Obviously neither of these guys are available but I would have loved either Emery or Ange.

Ultimately I'll be calm (probably underwhelmed but optimistic) with whatever Edwards does, provided its not Southgate.
If Liverpool dont get it right i can see a United style post Fergie slump happening. Klopp is a big personality as well as a good manager. Thats hard to replace.

Emery i could see as a realistic target because he has an agent who pushes his clients to bigger jobs. Liverpool is a step up from Villa. Ange i'm not sure about, but Liverpool is a tough job to turn down.

If Liverpool dont get it right i can see a United style post Fergie slump happening. Klopp is a big personality as well as a good manager. Thats hard to replace.

Emery i could see as a realistic target because he has an agent who pushes his clients to bigger jobs. Liverpool is a step up from Villa. Ange i'm not sure about, but Liverpool is a tough job to turn down.
I think they'd both love to come to LFC. The issue is the timing, both are in the midst of projects that are on the up.

As far as a slump goes, we're in a far far healthier position than United were when Fergie left. There's every chance we go back to a side fighting for top 4 and next season may be challenging but I'm relatively confident that FSG's long term approach will ensure we don't end up as mid table mediocrity with the off-field issues that United have.

I think they'd both love to come to LFC. The issue is the timing, both are in the midst of projects that are on the up.

As far as a slump goes, we're in a far far healthier position than United were when Fergie left. There's every chance we go back to a side fighting for top 4 and next season may be challenging but I'm relatively confident that FSG's long term approach will ensure we don't end up as mid table mediocrity with the off-field issues that United have.

How are liverpool in better shape than United? They won the league by about 10 points in Fergies last season and didnt really lose any key players. They were a strong enough squad to finish top 4 at minimum, they just couldnt get over losing such a huge personality and ended up finishing 7th. I dont see where United have ever been mid table since fergie left.

I think its going to be the same at Liverpool. I dont see them being serious challengers tbh and it wouldnt surprise me to see them go as you say to a side challenging top 4 but not title contenders.

Emery will end up at Liverpool if Mendes tells him to go there tbh. He trusts Jorge and if he thinks its best for him, he will go.

We’re in our usual end of season circling the relegation plug hole to league one.
The ironic thing is, years of poor ownership, boards and bad managers we now have fantastic owners, a manager albeit out of the game at the minutes due to illness, and this will be the year we finally go down.
2 games to go but we just slipped into the bottom 3.

Incredible to think where they were before the new owners sacked Eustace. The Rooney appointment really set the Blues back.

Been doing a lot of hate watching recently, may the trend continue tomorrow at 5am. Cmon Brighton.

Incredible to think where they were before the new owners sacked Eustace. The Rooney appointment really set the Blues back.
We were sitting 6th having just beat Huddersfield and West Brom 4-1 and 3-1

It’s all on Gary Cook the CEO. Mates with Rooney.

It smacked of when Zola came in after sacking Gary Rowett.

Ironically again Rowett is the interim manager tasked with saving us.

You can’t make this shit up.

City's third goal, what the **** were Brighton thinking?

Also how Brighton weren't given that penalty but Dalot was penalized for falling over and making contact with a Chelsea player boggles the mind. I swear City get away with a lot, especially in the box.

Citeh are just too good. Foden playing career best football.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Scdeac
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.