Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Telephone​

07 38589111

Email​

info@broncos.com.au

These are the details if you wish to make your voice heard with our club. Time to stand up and request our club stop raising the white flag and make a stand against the blatant double standards, harsh penalties and unfairness the NRL continues to hand out.

This is not about Haas and whether you like him or not, it is just the final straw and we, as fans, need to do something about it, push our club to stand up for themselves and us but not taking this as we normally do by rolling over.

Here is a list (and feel free to add more in your comments and they will be updated in this original post) of blatant double standards and inconsistency:

- Staggs and not reportedly Kelly being forced to serve a suspension post-injury that has not happened once AT ANY OTHER CLUB!
- May CHARGED with assault - no suspension
- Haas NO CHARGE and defending himself - Reported TWO WEEK suspension
- Cam Munster and Brandon Smith suspended for ONE week after being PROVEN to take drugs
- Walsh suspended for TWO weeks and one week being removed for an All Stars game he would never have played, so eventually LESS than Haas despite being convicted of drug possession
- Face of NRL (club captain of the Roosters) ADMITS to racial comments about a citizen of Asian decent which he DENIED at the time - NO SUSPENSION OR PUNISHMENT of any kind
- Dylan Walker suspended for ONE GAME after being found guilty of a drunken assault on a pizza shop worker, this despite previous form in this area
- Sam Burgess given a backdated suspension for 'multiple breaches of NRL's code of conduct, including failing to report incidents, NO TIME was served

Feel free to add and if you feel the inclination, and I hope you do, contact the club above. Let's stop taking this!

Telephone​

07 38589111

Email​

info@broncos.com.au

These are the details if you wish to make your voice heard with our club. Time to stand up and request our club stop raising the white flag and make a stand against the blatant double standards, harsh penalties and unfairness the NRL continues to hand out.

This is not about Haas and whether you like him or not, it is just the final straw and we, as fans, need to do something about it, push our club to stand up for themselves and us but not taking this as we normally do by rolling over.

Here is a list (and feel free to add more in your comments and they will be updated in this original post) of blatant double standards and inconsistency:

- Staggs and not reportedly Kelly being forced to serve a suspension post-injury that has not happened once AT ANY OTHER CLUB!
- Cam Munster and Brandon Smith suspended for ONE week after being PROVEN to take drugs
- Walsh suspended for TWO weeks and one week being removed for an All Stars game he would never have played, so eventually LESS than Haas despite being convicted of drug possession
- Face of NRL (club captain of the Roosters) ADMITS to racial comments about a citizen of Asian decent which he DENIED at the time - NO SUSPENSION OR PUNISHMENT of any kind
- Dylan Walker suspended for ONE GAME after being found guilty of a drunken assault on a pizza shop worker, this despite previous form in this area
- Sam Burgess given a backdated suspension for 'multiple breaches of NRL's code of conduct, including failing to report incidents, NO TIME was served

Feel free to add and if you feel the inclination, and I hope you do, contact the club above. Let's stop taking this!
I have emailed the club. And will post my response if and when I get it.

Wish to God our fans would FIRE UP!!! for FFS. The club is bending over because there is no pushback from us.

We need to make a concreted effort to show how pissed off we are with the whole shitshow.

I'm not pooh-poohing this, but it might be a little premature to charge at the club half-cocked. All we know so far is what we've seen on that blurry video. We've been further told it was Albert's 31st birthday bash and that Payne wasn't drunk. That's all we know. The rest is rumour. Including all talk of suspension.

I would wait until the NRL Integrity Unit has delivered its findings, the penalties are made official, and we know who exactly is imposing them.

The process so far - that I can deduce - is the club has got ahead a viral scandal by flicking it onto the NRL. The NRL has got the police involved, I presume so they can access CCTV footage of the night and get a better picture of what else happened.

At this point we don't know whether the video we've seen is the entire incident or the tip of the iceberg. We also don't know what else has been brewing with these players. Maybe there's more to it. Maybe there's nothing.

Furthermore, decide what you want: do you want all employees of the NRL punished over and above the laws of the land? Are you mad because you want to see more blood, from more clubs? Or less blood?

Should the organization act like a school, and send these grown men to detention for misdemeanors? Or should they be subject to the same employment conditions as the rest of us?

And now, moving up a level, do you expect your club to uphold an even higher standard than the managing body of the code itself, and impose a further set of penalties?

I'm not clear in this challenge whether the point is to demand a brutal enforcement of some ad-hoc ethical code right across the league, like the Saudi Religious Police, or whether you want to leave criminal matters to the police and misdemeanors to the judgement of the general public.

Whenever one of our players makes the news the first reaction in here is to gather a lynch mob and try him before a kangaroo court based on very little information. Careful what you wish for. You're the ones the NRL is trying to appease.

I have emailed the club. And will post my response if and when I get it.

Wish to God our fans would FIRE UP!!! for FFS. The club is bending over because there is no pushback from us.

We need to make a concreted effort to show how pissed off we are with the whole shitshow.
Just emailed them. Stole most of your post for it.

I'm not pooh-poohing this, but it might be a little premature to charge at the club half-cocked. All we know so far is what we've seen on that blurry video. We've been further told it was Albert's 31st birthday bash and that Payne wasn't drunk. That's all we know. The rest is rumour. Including all talk of suspension.

I would wait until the NRL Integrity Unit has delivered its findings, the penalties are made official, and we know who exactly is imposing them.

The process so far - that I can deduce - is the club has got ahead a viral scandal by flicking it onto the NRL. The NRL has got the police involved, I presume so they can access CCTV footage of the night and get a better picture of what else happened.

At this point we don't know whether the video we've seen is the entire incident or the tip of the iceberg. We also don't know what else has been brewing with these players. Maybe there's more to it. Maybe there's nothing.

Furthermore, decide what you want: do you want all employees of the NRL punished over and above the laws of the land? Are you mad because you want to see more blood, from more clubs? Or less blood?

Should the organization act like a school, and send these grown men to detention for misdemeanors? Or should they be subject to the same employment conditions as the rest of us?

And now, moving up a level, do you expect your club to uphold an even higher standard than the managing body of the code itself, and impose a further set of penalties?

I'm not clear in this challenge whether the point is to demand a brutal enforcement of some ad-hoc ethical code right across the league, like the Saudi Religious Police, or whether you want to leave criminal matters to the police and misdemeanors to the judgement of the general public.

Whenever one of our players makes the news the first reaction in here is to gather a lynch mob and try him before a kangaroo court based on very little information. Careful what you wish for. You're the ones the NRL is trying to appease.
Equality is all that is wanted, nothing more.

Agree with @McHunt I'll be waiting to see what's released and then i'll send an email for sure. And a couple of socials for good measure.

As the on field decisions where 50/50 calls would go to the higher ranking teams, so does the off the field decisions.

No one is calling for anything other than consistency and equality here.

How is this not plain as day?

On one hand, you have a guy who has been charged by police for a serious offense and has faced NO repercussions from the NRL because his club said they dealt with it, and thats the end of it.

On the other hand you have two blokes who have NOT been charged by police facing harsher punishment than the guy who broke the law.

It makes no sense and i think Broncos fans are fed up with getting the short end of the stick, while players from the Storm do cocaine on video and don't get penalized anywhere near as badly.

Its becoming a joke mate.

It is pretty obvious isn't it? Consistency and fairness.

I'll also be posting on Facebook to my seventeen friends.

Telephone​

07 38589111

Email​

info@broncos.com.au

Can they do anything about my threadbans?

Be interesting to see if the new admin do anything. The old admin was emailed en masse a few times from memory, in the Darius Boyd and seibold years of shame.

It is pretty obvious isn't it? Consistency and fairness.
Not really. This is just another baying mob with pitchforks wanting blood. You don't even have the penalties yet. You don't even know what the police found on the cameras. This happens every time there's an incident. Can't you see you're part of the problem?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • Astro
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jarro65
  • Skathen
  • davidp
  • phoenix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.