PLAYER Ezra Mam

Forgive my scepticism.. but we've heard this type of stuff before...

I do think he's genuine about staying here, but if we come up with an offer of $750k ( which i think is fair ) and another club decides to offer say $400k a year more than that he's going to think about things.

09118C57-A070-4473-A81D-0431B8C0FDC7.gif

I do think he's genuine about staying here, but if we come up with an offer of $750k ( which i think is fair ) and another club decides to offer say $400k a year more than that he's going to think about things.
Departing the club has gone well for Oloapu. I'm sure playing backrow was in his bingo card.

Departing the club has gone well for Oloapu. I'm sure playing backrow was in his bingo card.

I wouldnt be writing him off yet, he's a terrific player but he isnt in a good system and he was thrown into a poorly performing side when he just wasnt ready. Kind of what we kept doing under Seibold.

Its not the same situation as Mam. He's had almost 2 years of NRL footy under his belt with some quality, experienced players around him to aid his development. Its more with him if a club is willing to push out the boat with the lack of quality halves around.

I wouldnt be writing him off yet, he's a terrific player but he isnt in a good system and he was thrown into a poorly performing side when he just wasnt ready. Kind of what we kept doing under Seibold.

Its not the same situation as Mam. He's had almost 2 years of NRL footy under his belt with some quality, experienced players around him to aid his development. Its more with him if a club is willing to push out the boat with the lack of quality halves around.
ben hunt an example of why that isnt a good idea to take the cash lol id say he has been pretty miserable in his time south of the border only coming to life around rep time

He may well come good but in yhe past 6 months the bulldogs have signed toby sexton and bought a highly rated wests tigers junior half. They are also on the hunt for more halves by the sounds of it. Weird moves considering chicken sandwich was the future. I'd understand experienced halves to teach and plug the hole until chicken sandwich gets better but these are obvious insurance options, or could even be worse and chicken sandwich may be the back up option for the future.

If he did stay at the broncos his future would look far more fruitful financially and career wise. He'd have got heaps of hype, had a year of qld cup under his belt with 1-3 games in the nrl in a top 2 side rather then getting thrown under the bus at a bottom 4 side

ben hunt an example of why that isnt a good idea to take the cash lol id say he has been pretty miserable in his time south of the border only coming to life around rep time

Ben Hunt has always had the talent and that's not really what the debate it about when it comes to him, it's the fact that he as the marquee signing for St George has given them nothing except the odd moment here and there.

I've never seen a halfback demand so much money and fail in the big moments.

Ben Hunt has always had the talent and that's not really what the debate it about when it comes to him, it's the fact that he as the marquee signing for St George has given them nothing except the odd moment here and there.

I've never seen a halfback demand so much money and fail in the big moments.
dont think it was so much him demanding it rather the dragons having to pay that to get him out of qld great player just a basket case of a club,should be a warning to mam the clubs that are going to throw big money at you arnt going to be the ones where your career will generally flourish.

dont think it was so much him demanding it rather the dragons having to pay that to get him out of qld great player just a basket case of a club,should be a warning to mam the clubs that are going to throw big money at you arnt going to be the ones where your career will generally flourish.

The problem with 5/8's is that they are basically useless without a dominant halfback, we know that first hand with Milford.

It's almost like staying at your club and developing is a good strategy?

He may well come good but in yhe past 6 months the bulldogs have signed toby sexton and bought a highly rated wests tigers junior half. They are also on the hunt for more halves by the sounds of it. Weird moves considering chicken sandwich was the future. I'd understand experienced halves to teach and plug the hole until chicken sandwich gets better but these are obvious insurance options, or could even be worse and chicken sandwich may be the back up option for the future.

If he did stay at the broncos his future would look far more fruitful financially and career wise. He'd have got heaps of hype, had a year of qld cup under his belt with 1-3 games in the nrl in a top 2 side rather then getting thrown under the bus at a bottom 4 side

I dont think the Doggies really know what the plan was tbh. They dont have a genuine 7 apart from Sexton and he's only got a year left on his contract, and they just keep trying to shoehorn players into that role who are more suited to playing 6. Burton, Oloapu and even Salmon if they play him there are more five eighths than half backs. Taffe i think has played 7, but i'm not sure he would be any better than Sexton there. You would think it makes sense for them to be looking for a genuine half back.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.