OFFICIAL Fifita extends to 2026. Tino signs for 10 years @ 12M

But that's the reason you shouldn't pay a middle forwards that much over that length of time...

That type of deal belongs to someone who can make every other teammate better, not a player who needs the players around him to make him more effective. Absolutely crazy stuff...

I agree with you.

Had we had not been blessed with the best prop in the game for the past few seasons, no way we'd be hitting the market looking at signing a prop on big coin.

Even the fifita deal. Wtf are they thinking.
Here's a bloke that I don't think has justified half his pay packet and needs external forces (eg dropped from origin, benched, talk of deal decreasing) to motivate him yet they give him security and a huge deal. Absolute dumbasses.

And ppl who say he has justified his deal this year. He's on $1.3 million this year! Hahaha no he hasn't, and his improved form isn't bcos he's winning his team games like he was bought for, it's bcos he is doing the little things a seasoned 1st grader is EXPECTED to do. And it's only been about 2 months he's done that for... haha

They'll add Hunt in and then have no money for anyone else, trying the Melbourne model.

Problem for the Tits is the Melbourne 3 were in key positions, not 2 forwards...

Oh, and the 2nd set of books. Dunno if the Tits can pull that off

Des will still go on signing spree and just back end all the deals and make it a problem for 'Future' Des to worry about.

Exactly my thought, he is totally gettable now. Would love to keep Haas but not if it is going to cost 1.3 million a season +. Let him go and bring in Mo and keep the rest of our young uns together. I'd be extremely happy with that.

I say sign him regardless.

Let Haas know, that we are willing to move on & were not willing to risk it, if Haas moves on to greener pastures. Also have to re sign Willison ASAP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 25% of the cap locked up in 2 forwards?

As we get closer to 2027 it'll be less and less of the cap. But it's still a nuts portion of their cap on 2 forwards

The only thing saving us from spending that much is we look to be perennial contenders but that’s up to haas to be on board with that and take a slight discount so we can stay competitive.

Mo is looking mighty good right about now though.

Depends if there is a ratchet clause.
Tino's is being reported as a set figure over 10 years so it probably does fluctuate on certain years as the cap goes up. But the figure for those 10 years appears to be set

not even them.
Really? I only see both getting better over 10 years, makes them one club players, magician level attack from both in key positions that win you games.

Build the team around em.
I'd do it.

edit: Add Patty to that deal as well.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.