Finals Tipping

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Who's got the goods this year? I know it's realistically down to 4 teams but who's everyone tipping to face off in the big one?

I've said since the start of the year that I think it'll be a Melbourne V Souths GF but the Roosters have really surprised me. I'm still tipping Storm and Bunnies but not with anywhere near the confidence I had at the start of the season. Manly are a possibility too but depending on how everything pans out, I believe they'll face the Storm at some stage, and I can see them going down. I really need to review the finals system again lol.

If they stay fit I cannot see anyone beating Manly, they have as good a side as anyone plus the most experience (or tied most with the Storm). The way they have slotted Horo and Lawrence into there pack is incredible plus as said in the other thread I just think that backline is the best in this generation of backlines. Foran and DCE complement eachother brilliantly and the spine with the two Stewarts (who are both starting to fire after injuries and quiet first halfs to the season and Ballin they just have so many weapons and so much proven big game quality.

I also thought it would be Storm v Bunnies since the start of the year and it still seems the most likely. Its pretty much a 4 horse race at this point and as good as those teams are I don't think anyone can beat storm on there day. Bulldogs had all the momentum last year and looked the goods, and the storm still gave them a spanking.

I don't really want to see Manly win, though they are a good chance. I really don't want to see the Storm win it. Nothing would make me happier than seeing the remaining players from the salary cap cheating team retire without another "legit" premiership.

The gap between top 4 and the rest is huge but when the top 4 play each other it's going to be awesome because they all have a good chance at making the Grand Final and winning it.

I still stand by my Storm back to back tip.

After last night's performance & if Sutton is out long term the Bunnies could get over-run as they play Storm, Manly & Roosters in the final 5 weeks. Maybe not out of top 4 bit lose top 2 and first week home ground advantage. The two in form teams at the moment are Roosters & Manly and I can see them in the GF. It would be crap as I hate both teams, but could actually be a good game.

The Sharks will cause a boil over in the semis knocking one of the high profile sides out. Souths will suffer the same fate as their 1989 counterparts. Manly Roosters GF I'm thinking however it may not be that they can meet. Hate both teams and would like a Melbourne Sharks GF with the Sharkies overcoming all adversity to take out their first title. Of course should the Broncos make the finals they will undoubtedly win the big one.

Of the likely winners, I can't believe I'm gonna say this... I hope the chooks take it.

No way to the scum or cheats, and while I'd be happy for Twitzid, I couldn't bear to see souffs and the rest of their fans celebrate a premiership!

The Sharks will cause a boil over in the semis knocking one of the high profile sides out. Souths will suffer the same fate as their 1989 counterparts. Manly Roosters GF I'm thinking however it may not be that they can meet. Hate both teams and would like a Melbourne Sharks GF with the Sharkies overcoming all adversity to take out their first title. Of course should the Broncos make the finals they will undoubtedly win the big one.

Sharks will be lucky not to be stripped of their points before the semis even roll around ........

If they make the 8, it'll be a travesty of justice on the rest of the league.

Sharks will be lucky not to be stripped of their points before the semis even roll around ........

If they make the 8, it'll be a travesty of justice on the rest of the league.

lol lol lol

Why would it be a travesty ? Is it because of something that happened two years ago and has absolutely no bearing on 2013 ? Or are you claiming that some benefit derived two years ago is somehow still lingering ? Now that would be insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you CF. There's no need to yell though!

Lol again. I see Melbourne are helping us out ,running up a cricket score against the Cant Bear A team. Bashing the living suitcase out of them. Nice.

lol lol lol

Why would it be a travesty ? Is it because of something that happened two years ago and has absolutely no bearing on 2013 ? Or are you claiming that some benefit derived two years ago is somehow still lingering ? Now that would be insane.

This is more suited to the ASADA caught the Sharks cheating thread .......but I will say that drug programs such as the one the Sharks are being found guilty of don't reap the benefits overnight.

A couple seasons for it to take it's full effect sounds about right to me ....

This is more suited to the ASADA caught the Sharks cheating thread .......but I will say that drug programs such as the one the Sharks are being found guilty of don't reap the benefits overnight.

A couple seasons for it to take it's full effect sounds about right to me ....

That isn't the way PEDs work, not even remotely close. Whether you're taking peptides or steroids or injecting yourself with bull semen, the effects are short-term and only linger while you are still taking them. There is a reason why athletes all around the world get busted for taking PEDs during events, it's because you need to continue taking them, you can't just get your hit once and then work off that reserve for the next 2-3 years.

But the issue isn't really whether the Sharks supposedly cheating in 2011 helps their 2013 team. The issue is whether they did actually cheat, which really should be proven before we start jumping up and down and flinging mud at the hapless supporters in the Shire.

The premiership will be won by either the Roosters, Manly, Melbourne or Souths as they've set the benchmark this year. Would love too see Cronulla win the title the club's long suffering fans deserve success and i've always had a soft spot for the battlers.

I think it will definitely be one of Souths, Melbourne, Sydney or Manly. At their best I think Manly and Melbourne are the clear favourites but injury and poor form always make 'clear favourites' a dubious tag.

The premiership will be won by either the Roosters, Manly, Melbourne or Souths as they've set the benchmark this year. Would love too see Cronulla win the title the club's long suffering fans deserve success and i've always had a soft spot for the battlers.

If there was an ability to dislike a post I'd do it for this one. I can pretty much handle any other team winning the comp, but will have to be on suicide watch if Cronulla ever win a premiership.

Lol again. I see Melbourne are helping us out ,running up a cricket score against the Cant Bear A team. Bashing the living suitcase out of them. Nice.

That isn't the way PEDs work, not even remotely close. Whether you're taking peptides or steroids or injecting yourself with bull semen, the effects are short-term and only linger while you are still taking them. There is a reason why athletes all around the world get busted for taking PEDs during events, it's because you need to continue taking them, you can't just get your hit once and then work off that reserve for the next 2-3 years.

But the issue isn't really whether the Sharks supposedly cheating in 2011 helps their 2013 team. The issue is whether they did actually cheat, which really should be proven before we start jumping up and down and flinging mud at the hapless supporters in the Shire.

I'm only disappointed I cannot like this post more than once ! I'd grown weary while waiting for a sane and reasoned take on the matter.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Griffo
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.