Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mead on Oates was a rough call, but the referees had to make it.

The offensive side has the responsibility to ensure that when they put in a cross-field kick, that everything is above board. You can't accidentally take out the defensive player playing for the football, end of and unfortunately since Mead's half-hearted attempt caused Oates to topple over and land dangerously it had to be a penalty.

Put it this way, if Oates broke his neck, nobody would be calling the referee's into question. Offensive players should have to think twice and have to avoid making contact with the legs.

The more I think about it, the less sympathy I have for the Titans. I can't think of a single call the referees got wrong.

Other than Hoffman shoving Pearson in the back.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
In isolation, the call against Mead was a bit iffy. But all night the Titans were making unrealistic attempts to catch, while coincidentally making it impossible for our player to catch it. One lead directly to a try, and one indirectly lead to a try.

So yeah, **** them.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Pearson didn't have a poor game. He didn't have any opportunities and the ball he dropped he was pushed and it should have a penalty to us.

Pearson dropped the ball a couple of times. I know he's still young, but I can't really call that a good game. Especially compared to his first.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The refereeing was fine. I was at the game, and you could have dead set penalized the Titans every second play: they were offside a shit load of the time, laid all over us like we were a bed at the fucking ritz Carlton, etc. Roberts' kick was more of a nudge, but that call went our way. The forward pass at the end was borderline as well, and we've seen FAR worse let go this season.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Pearson dropped the ball a couple of times. I know he's still young, but I can't really call that a good game. Especially compared to his first.

He dropped it once and he was illegally pushed when that happened. Didn't make any errors and didn't make any errors in defence. That is a good game for me when it come to a two game rookie.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I was actually more impressed with Jonas' performance this time round.

Against the Eels, he just seemed to be along for the ride. The only play that you'd consider exciting was the finish to his second try where he stepped inside and slammed the ball over.

This time around, he was playing in a wet slippery sudden death semi. The Titans target him and after the early error (with a major illegal assist from Hoffy), Pearson slowly but surely works himself into the game and comes up with some big plays for his side.

The only other mistake he made was off the short-kick off, and those may as well be lotteries.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Mead on Oates was a rough call, but the referees had to make it.

The offensive side has the responsibility to ensure that when they put in a cross-field kick, that everything is above board. You can't accidentally take out the defensive player playing for the football, end of and unfortunately since Mead's half-hearted attempt caused Oates to topple over and land dangerously it had to be a penalty.

Put it this way, if Oates broke his neck, nobody would be calling the referee's into question. Offensive players should have to think twice and have to avoid making contact with the legs.

The more I think about it, the less sympathy I have for the Titans. I can't think of a single call the referees got wrong.

Other than Hoffman shoving Pearson in the back.

Totally agree. I think the commentators made everything should worse than it was.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I also like Kahu it centre and I think we should run with the same backline provided we have no injuries or suspensions.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I was actually more impressed with Jonas' performance this time round.

Against the Eels, he just seemed to be along for the ride. The only play that you'd consider exciting was the finish to his second try where he stepped inside and slammed the ball over.

This time around, he was playing in a wet slippery sudden death semi. The Titans target him and after the early error (with a major illegal assist from Hoffy), Pearson slowly but surely works himself into the game and comes up with some big plays for his side.

The only other mistake he made was off the short-kick off, and those may as well be lotteries.

I also like his toughness got hit hard a couple of times and got straight back up. He also made some good defensive reads and jolting the ball free or making solid one on one tackles.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't use Twitter, would love someone to give him a spray. His commentary was appalling (as it always is when he likes or hates a side that is playing) and not up to the standards expected by professional commentators who are paid handsomely to be exactly the opposite - unbiased.

He just blocks anyone who doesn't agree with him.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
With the Mead on Oates, it's 50/50. IMO Oates had to let go of the ball to try and protect himself. In cases like that were the player is coming down from a kick like that (landing on the back/ neck area) and loses the ball to protect themselves they should just play the ball from there. Because what would you prefer a player keeps the ball and badly hurts themselves or they put their hands/arms out to try and protect themselves.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Wow, it's amazing how perspectives are so skewed when you are at the game. I came home complaining about Hayne forward passes and Titan ruck slowing, and the rest of social media is blowing up because we had a scrum overturned in our favour and Roberts nudged a player with his shin. Sheesh...

Up on The Daily Telegraph right now:

[FONT=&quot]ROBBED? Fans were fuming during the Brisbane-Gold Coast NRL finals clash, with the Titans deemed to have been on the wrong side of a host of controversial decisions.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We take a look at some of the calls that cruelled the Titans as they crashed out of the NRL premiership race following their 44-28 loss to the Broncos.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HURRELL’s BOOT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The first big call came in the 10th minute when the Broncos were awarded a penalty try after Jordan Kahu on first look appeared to have knocked on through Konrad Hurrell’s tackle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bunker sensationally ruled a penalty try, deeming Hurrell deliberately kicked the ball out, prompting howls of protest from Titans players.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SCRUM OVERTURNED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Titans were awarded an attacking scrum in the 20th minute, only for the bunker to overturn the on-field decision and give the Broncos the feed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ROBERTS’ KICK[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the build up to a Broncos try, centre James Roberts was lucky not to be penalised for what looked like a kick to Ryan Simpkins’ back. A frustrated Roberts appeared to lash out at Simpkins in the play-the-ball, but referee Gerard Sutton said he didn’t see any foul play and Roberts was allowed to play on, with Alex Glenn eventually going on to score a try.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OATES PENALTY[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos winger Corey Oates was awarded a penalty after knocking on a Titans kick, after the referees deemed that he was put in a dangerous position by David Mead. Replays suggested Mead was going for the ball.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Off the back of that penalty, the Broncos extend their lead with another try.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]THAIDAY OBSTRUCTION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Corey Oates was awarded a try on the back of a play that looked to have an obstruction in the lead-up. Instead of referring to the bunker, the on-field referee awarded the try. Replays showed decoy runner Sam Thaiday crashing into Greg Bird effectively taking him out of the defensive line and limiting his opportunity to target Darius Boyd in the lead-up play.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARKER’S ‘HEADBUTT’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Corey Parker appeared to headbutt a Titans player in a scrum, but it was not picked up by the referees.

[/FONT]

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Not sure about nines commentary tonight but **** me dead, Brandy on fox was insufferable.

Even at the end all he said was that our kicking game was crap and it was just luck that they all came off. Then for Oates try at the end he didn't even acknowledge the try.

Terrible. Otherwise it was great to finally see a game where we got the 50/50 calls, and FINALLY got away with a fair few forward passes from dummy half.

Bring on next week.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We won't be getting 50/50 calls against a non-QLD side.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spooky1013
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.