First choice team with everyone fit

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
What is everyone’s first choice team if everyone is fit? It will be hard to leave one of Riki, Capewell, Piakura, Hetherington or Taupau out of our top 17.

Here is what I’d go with:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnsworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Piakura
17. Taupau

One option could be to not have a hooker on the bench and go with 4 forwards with Hetherington relieving Walters if needed.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I agree with your team list though I don’t have strong feelings on the back up hooker. Not much splits Paix, Smoothy, and Mozer with all having their own deficiencies. I would probably stick with Smoothy though and hope that horrible game was an anomaly.

Capewell would shift into the middle mid game and Piakura would come on in the vacated second row spot

Other than the mentioned 14 and Piakura selections I think the rest of the team picks itself. Would be shocked if anyone suggested any significant deviation.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with your team list though I don’t have strong feelings on the back up hooker. Not much splits Paix, Smoothy, and Mozer with all having their own deficiencies. I would probably stick with Smoothy though and hope that horrible game was an anomaly.

Capewell would shift into the middle and Piakura would come on at right second row.

It might be a bit late in the season for experiments, but i wouldn't mind trying Sailor in that 14 jumper. I think he could play a similar role to what Kodi did for us from the bench

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It might be a bit late in the season for experiments, but i wouldn't mind trying Sailor in that 14 jumper. I think he could play a similar role to what Kodi did for us from the bench
No real arguments from me there. As I said, I’m pretty nonplussed about our 14 options. I don’t think it is any worse an idea than the other 3 options though I think Tyson has the best defence.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Herbie
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Billy
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Patty

14. Paix
15. Kobe
16. Flegler
17. Piakura

Mine is basically the same as the original, but I went Jensen starting with Flegler back to the bench, and Piakura taking that 17 jersey over Taupau.

Would still be a little bit up in the air on Taupau, but with Piakura in the 17 Kevvie at least utilises it, whilst also providing cover for second row. To an extent we also cover the outside backs by having Piakura on the bench as either him or Capewell can shift out to centre if needed.

I feel the best balance in our team is also when Jensen starts and Flegler comes from the bench. It ensures some punch is provided when Haas and/or Patty both come off the field.

Imagine Haas and/or Patty off the field only for Kobe and Flegler to be on in their place.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Piakura is so good he has to be in the 17. I'd be nervous if I were Riki because Piakura is looking like a proper gun. It's a great problem to have though when you have players outside of the 17 who really deserve to be regular first graders.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Piakura is so good he has to be in the 17. I'd be nervous if I were Riki because Piakura is looking like a proper gun. It's a great problem to have though when you have players outside of the 17 who really deserve to be regular first graders.

based on this season, Capes should be the nervous one.

if it was me, I'd be tempted to shift Patty to prop to partner Haas and start Capes at 13. that would then allow a backrow of Riki and Piakura

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
based on this season, Capes should be the nervous one.

if it was me, I'd be tempted to shift Patty to prop to partner Haas and start Capes at 13. that would then allow a backrow of Riki and Piakura
Yeah I feel like that's going to be the move. Capes/Kobe would make a great 13 rotation and Haas/Patty at prop is best in the competition, then you have Jensen/Tapau and Flegler in the forward rotation. It's a fucking good team, hopefully we go undefeated for the rest of the season.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
1 Walsh
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Farnworth
5 Cobbo
6 Mam
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Walters
10 Carrigan
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Smoothy/Paix
15 Jensen
16 Flegler
17 Piakura

Dont think our 14 options are great tbh. I'm still sticking to Patty to prop like i have been saying since before he even made his debut. Blokes a prop.

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Piakura
17. Tapau/Jensen

There's not much outside of two bench spots and possibly second row that is even a discussion IMO.

Next year I think is a different story though.....

2024:
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthurs
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer/Smoothy/Paix?
15. Piakura
Jensen, Tapau, Baker and others to fight for the last two spots.

Mariner coming in hot for the first drop in the back 5 as well.

Exciting times!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
1 Walsh
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Farnworth
5 Cobbo
6 Mam
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Walters
10 Carrigan
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Smoothy/Paix
15 Jensen
16 Flegler
17 Piakura

Dont think our 14 options are great tbh. I'm still sticking to Patty to prop like i have been saying since before he even made his debut. Blokes a prop.

Michael Richards Yes GIF

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
This Year:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnsworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Piakura
16. Hetherington
17. Jensen

Coin toss between Jensen and Tapau for that 17, but I feel like Jensen's tough, settling, consistency is key when Haas and / or Carrigan go off.

Next Year:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Carrigan
11. Riki
12. Piakura
13. Capewell

14. Mozer
15. Jensen
16. Hetherington
17. Tapau

Could obviously put Cobbo centre with Mariner / Arthars on the wing, but I would prefer to give Mariner his shot and let Cobbo continue to develop out wide, where I think his game is more suitable at the moment.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky24
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • PETERN
  • Hurrijo
  • Tim K
  • ell.d33
  • Johnny92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.