Game 1 - Post Match Discussion

Have to say too that I think the next test for NSW is not in 3 weeks but in 1.5 weeks. Carney was pretty bad tonight, and it would be so typical of NSW to drop him after 1 game and bring back Soward. Whether or not they do will say a lot about NSW. Honestly think Buhrer should go, with Buderus in and Farah probably playing a more significant and impactful role off the bench. Other than that, I think only Jennings could reasonably considered for the axe (IMO).

IMO: NSW were the better team tonight.

I disagree. I think their forwards were, but their backs, and in particular their halves, were poor imo. Was Carney even on the field?

I almost wish that the video ref didn't award that last try to Inglis. It was a bit dodgy, and while I think QLD still would have won, now we have to listen to the blues whinge about it.

QLD need to sort their forwards out. If NSW get on top like that again, and NSW backs can make some decent plays, I think QLD may be in trouble in game 2.

I thought Gillett actually energised us a bit off the bench, may have been the fresh legs factor.

Agreed. I thought he was one of our better forwards. Managed to poke his head through the line on a few occasions as well.

I wasn't saying Gillett was bad, he was just dead tired really fast. And was on the wrong end of Trex a couple of times.

Have to say too that I think the next test for NSW is not in 3 weeks but in 1.5 weeks. Carney was pretty bad tonight, and it would be so typical of NSW to drop him after 1 game and bring back Soward. Whether or not they do will say a lot about NSW. Honestly think Buhrer should go, with Buderus in and Farah probably playing a more significant and impactful role off the bench. Other than that, I think only Jennings could reasonably considered for the axe (IMO).

Jennings was fine. The only reason he should miss game 2 is if he's suspended.
Carney was obviously nervous, but he showed some hints of brilliance. I think Pearce/Carney is the perfect rudder for this team.

Did anyone else find Channel 9's crowd volume to be quite muted tonight? It sounded like they kept turning it up at the contact point in each tackle then back down immediately.

Hate to say it but id rather hannant starting and mcguire on the bench and mebe bulla gets left out

Yes. I can't see how anyone can say NSW were the better team. They had no shape and little structure. The Qld defence had almost everything covered.

Yes, the Qld forwards on and off just stopped being aggressive and the line speed was not good.

Bird had a blinder as did Tate and Inglis.

Jennings was fine. The only reason he should miss game 2 is if he's suspended.
Carney was obviously nervous, but he showed some hints of brilliance. I think Pearce/Carney is the perfect rudder for this team.

His performance was fine, but his punch on Tate really did let the team down. Plus he's still not being picked for Penrith. If they don't recall him I'm not sure he is good enough to pick 3 weeks out of first grade.

You're probably right user, that game went so quickly I'm basing my judgement purely on a couple of blurs of memory.

Replay will help me out big time.

General impression is NSW had the better of us until Jennings was binned. We capitalised through JT who's for my money the best halfback in Qld and arguably Origin history. NSW came back at us early and got a quick reward but Qld just held on, a lot like Game 2 07 and when we had a chance, we capitilised and took out the game.

Was so proud we didn't let them score in the end either. If they did, it'd only amplify their whinges about the video ref. call which was always going to go in our favour.

His performance was fine, but his punch on Tate really did let the team down. Plus he's still not being picked for Penrith. If they don't recall him I'm not sure he is good enough to pick 3 weeks out of first grade.

That punch was retarded, but in any other season it would've gone unpunished. I wouldn't hang him for it.

How does everyone feel about that Inglis try?

The way I see it.. Farah kicked and therefore played at the ball. I'm not sure what the refs reason was though.

Trying to think what I would say if that was against Qld, not sure if I would be happy with it.

He played at the ball but then Inglis regained posession of the ball...THEN Inglis knocks on. How on earth is that a try?

Farah kicks it, Inglis scores. What are you on about?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • BooKhaki
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.