Game I Queensland Origin Team

According to the Courier Mail, the "TRUE" value of the two teams are:

TOTAL VALUE OF BLUES SIDE = $10,410,000

TOTAL VALUE OF MAROONS SIDE = $9,650,000

HOW much is each Origin team worth?

Forget the $30,000 match payments each player receives for their role in the series opener, what’s the talent on show next Wednesday worth?

While the salary cap’s in place to keep the competition as even as possible, for three games a year, the cap means squat.

But where do the teams rank in terms of player value?

While it’s near impossible to determine the exact value of every player’s contract for 2017 due to back-ended deals, third parties, clauses and triggers,foxsports.com.au has taken several steps to get the most accurate figures available.

Having probed several list managers, recruitment chiefs, CEOs, coaches and player agents - these are the estimated values of every player set to take the field at Suncorp Stadium on May 31.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...m/news-story/c6dda65cec5b7f3483efcfe64d397934

Which is another reason I think Walters will inevitably decide to start with Morgan, as much as we all would love Milford to start, I don't see it happening. He chose Boyd over Slater because of defence & reliability. Neither of these two are safe by any means, but Morgan is probably the lesser of two evils because he's a bigger body.

Milford - 17 errors, 121 tackles, 39 missed.
Morgan - 15 errors, 149 tackles, 30 missed.
Could you put Maloneys stats up with a comparison with Milf please ? I've a feeling Maloney is worse in so many ways. It might even cancel out concerns about Milf. For the record I am concerned that Milfs defence ( arm grabbing, not putting his body in front ) will be a problem.

Could you put Maloneys stats up with a comparison with Milf please ? I've a feeling Maloney is worse in so many ways. It might even cancel out concerns about Milf. For the record I am concerned that Milfs defence ( arm grabbing, not putting his body in front ) will be a problem.

Agreed, Maloney is shit and he gives away so many penalties. It's just that he can hide in the Sharks & Blues line, and the refs' square-up mentality means the penalties actually come back to benefit in the long run.

Maloney - 151 tackles, 68 missed, 14 errors, 22 penalties, 2 try assists, 4 linebreaks, 3 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 1 40/20
Milford - 121 tackles, 39 missed, 17 errors, 4 penalties, 7 try assists, 4 linebreaks, 7 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 0 40/20
Morgan - 149 tackles, 30 missed, 15 errors, 6 penalties, 7 try assists, 5 linebreaks, 2 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 1 40/20

Maloney - 151 tackles, 68 missed, 14 errors, 22 penalties, 2 try assists, 4 linebreaks, 3 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 1 40/20
Milford - 121 tackles, 39 missed, 17 errors, 4 penalties, 7 try assists, 4 linebreaks, 7 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 0 40/20
Morgan - 149 tackles, 30 missed, 15 errors, 6 penalties, 7 try assists, 5 linebreaks, 2 linebreak assists, 4 tries, 1 40/20
So Milford>Morgan>Maloney. And Milf has been only slightly above average this year so far.

Still have misgivings about Milf but I have faith in the side, no matter the odds.

My main concern is not his defence but his resilience when he runs the ball. We've all seen how the Blues treat JT. Bring it to the line and you're going to get thumped. Kick, run, dummy or pass, expect to be crunched. Credit to Thurston, he keeps taking it to the line without fear or hesitation.

Not sure whether Milf has the same resolve. They'll be doing their best to rattle him from start to finish.

Blues have named a strong side, I expect this to be a competitive match, perhaps even more an attacking spectacle than game 1 tends to be.

seriously, why all the worry, he'll be fine.... its state of origin and he's a queenslander... that will get him through

Still have misgivings about Milf but I have faith in the side, no matter the odds.

My main concern is not his defence but his resilience when he runs the ball. We've all seen how the Blues treat JT. Bring it to the line and you're going to get thumped. Kick, run, dummy or pass, expect to be crunched. Credit to Thurston, he keeps taking it to the line without fear or hesitation.

Not sure whether Milf has the same resolve. They'll be doing their best to rattle him from start to finish.

Blues have named a strong side, I expect this to be a competitive match, perhaps even more an attacking spectacle than game 1 tends to be.

I think we'll find out what he's made of, that's for sure. I'm hopeful he'll be just like Thurston in that aspect. Cronk, Thaiday, Smith etc in his ear....."Don't let these blue ***** push you around......go to the line again"

Last edited:
He'll be fine. It's not like it's some genius intricate game plan that has never been thought of before...

Might be stating the obvious , but we are sure going to miss Matt Scot. Not really sure where our hit up meters are going to come from .

On paper , at least we are outgunned in the fowards for size , offloaders an possibly speed . But I guess it was a similar story last year. It seems when theses boys put on the maroon jersey the form guide goes out the window.

It was actually Blair who overran the play and turbo went through the hole he left

Was it? Sorry my bad.

I just remember skinny turbo ran through a gap earlier in the game but fat turbo didn't pass. Skinny turbo had a crack at fat turbo then they did it a couple of minutes later and it worked a treat.

Might be stating the obvious , but we are sure going to miss Matt Scot. Not really sure where our hit up meters are going to come from .

On paper , at least we are outgunned in the fowards for size , offloaders an possibly speed . But I guess it was a similar story last year. It seems when theses boys put on the maroon jersey the form guide goes out the window.

Yeah, we are really going to miss Scott, especially with the bench we picked. NSW can roll us through the middle if they show up ready to play.

From Corey Goates

I just hope he doesn't take a month to get up and play the ball while he's whining to the ref like he does in club games sometimes. Origin is too fast for that shite...

Training about to start against 20's

Milford at 6 and Morgan with the forwards. Spine meeting just before that involved Milford. 20's are schooled up on who they're and what they're doing to play like New South Wales.

Thankyou, looks about right I reckon. Hopefully we'll exploit his terrible tackling technique.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • Ffs...
  • cento
  • Rowdy124
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • mitch222
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Spoon
  • Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • mystico
  • broncoscope
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.