OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not guilty. Wallace will make his QLD debut.

I didn't think he would be suspended. Not after the James and Burgess cases.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
As I recall someone on here had a tag line offering to do something if Wallace started for Qld.....should be getting nervous I reckon....

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
As I recall someone on here had a tag line offering to do something if Wallace started for Qld.....should be getting nervous I reckon....

That's done and dusted now.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Oates was definitely unlucky but I'm keen to see how Holmes goes. I don't see the fuss with the changes TBH, this has been coming for a few years. We are unfortunate atm that we have 5 genuine options for wing of which none stand out as obvious centre prospects.
We are still well served for back rowers and have emerging halves options but are short on props so will have to make do for a few years. 9 could be a problem soon too I suppose unless Smith plays till he is 40. Both Macca and Friend are already 27 so I'd say we will be debuting a 29/30 year old if Cam doesn't go early.

As has been pointed out before Mal knew when to get the **** out. Walters has been left with the transition job and if he didn't do part of it this year then next year would be finding replacements for Cronk and JT as well.

Queensland have debuted 12 players since the start of 2015 series. If Mal was worried about losing he wouldn't have taken the gig on looking at losing four in a row with a bunch of rookies.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Great news that Wallace got off. We need him to stand up now too, middle third is our biggest weakness.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Would love to see Wallace flatten a few cockroaches.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Wallace starting makes more sense, it'd suck for Papalii to be out of gas 20 minutes in.

8. Napa
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Glasby

Play Cooper & Gillett 80 mins, give Papa some time at Lock when McGuire comes off for his rest, simples.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Queensland have debuted 12 players since the start of 2015 series. If Mal was worried about losing he wouldn't have taken the gig on looking at losing four in a row with a bunch of rookies.

After 10 years success and looking forward to the players coming through IMO he knew the time was right to get out.
Very hard to replicate what he had done

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Has Hess played in the middle at NRL level? At least a decent amount? Would be a tough ask to start doing it for the first time in Origin.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He has been playing more in the middle lately.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Not guilty. Wallace will make his QLD debut.

I didn't think he would be suspended. Not after the James and Burgess cases.

Jets' Chairman Steven Johnson got him off and keeps his perfect record!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
And the Blues have lost their minds already.

Daley whingeing about qld training today. FFS nothing stopping your bunch from training

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Oates was definitely unlucky but I'm keen to see how Holmes goes. I don't see the fuss with the changes TBH, this has been coming for a few years. We are unfortunate atm that we have 5 genuine options for wing of which none stand out as obvious centre prospects.
We are still well served for back rowers and have emerging halves options but are short on props so will have to make do for a few years. 9 could be a problem soon too I suppose unless Smith plays till he is 40. Both Macca and Friend are already 27 so I'd say we will be debuting a 29/30 year old if Cam doesn't go early.

As has been pointed out before Mal knew when to get the **** out. Walters has been left with the transition job and if he didn't do part of it this year then next year would be finding replacements for Cronk and JT as well.
I said it before but the origin ban could not have come at a worse time last year. Had it not happened Napa and Holmes would have debuted last year. Milf was banging down the door leading into origin last year. Munster will be in origin soon.

Without the ban at least 2-3 of those guys come into the system last year around the winning group with all the legends still around and would've assisted the transition greatly.

It hasn't helped that key injuries and retirements at the end of this series will greatly impact the transition moving forward. To think that only Cam could remain in the spine at the start of next year is a scary proposition

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • MrMoore
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.