General State of Origin Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Thought I'd make a thread to discuss random things that pop up throughout the year in relation to Origin.

On that note, a 29-man emerging Origin squad was just named for the Blues, featuring Joseph Suaalii.

EMERGING BLUES 2021

Jake Averillo (Bulldogs)
Bradman Best (Knights)
Shawn Blore (Wests Tigers)
Blayke Brailey (Sharks)
Nat Butcher (Roosters)
Kyle Flanagan (Bulldogs)
Campbell Graham (Rabbitohs)
Emre Guler (Raiders)
Jack Hetherington (Bulldogs)
Tex Hoy (Knights)
Sione Katoa (Sharks)
Spencer Leniu (Panthers)
Moses Leota (Panthers)
Liam Martin (Panthers)
Tyrone May (Panthers)
Toby Rudolf (Sharks)
Jacob Saifiti (Knights)
Josh Schuster (Sea Eagles)
Charlie Staines (Panthers)
Joseph Suaalii (Roosters)
Moses Suli (Sea Eagles)
Siosifa Talakai (Sharks)
Tommy Talau (Wests Tigers)
Tevita Tatola (Rabbitohs)
Brian To’o (Panthers)
Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)
Sam Verrills (Roosters)
Brandon Wakeham (Bulldogs)
Hudson Young (Raiders)

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Picked up tickets for myself, hubby, and Mr 8 yesterday for $150. Couldn't believe how cheap they were. Wasn't able to get 4 tickets tho, so Ms 8 misses out. Still, good show by the NRL with affordable tickets.

You'll see me in the nose bleed section.

Last edited:
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Same. Missed out on licensed tickets, but managed to get 7 in the unlicensed section. $45 not a bad cop for Origin tickets.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Got my two tickets up in row 1000 or so. Can't wait. Was at Game 3 last year and it was one of the best nights I've ever had at the footy.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Got my two tickets up in row 1000 or so. Can't wait. Was at Game 3 last year and it was one of the best nights I've ever had at the footy.

Off topic but the 2015 Prelim against the Roosters is that for me. The atmosphere was amazing. Having Port curse at me in Dutch for saying "We're going to the GF boys" before the end of the game was a definite highlight. BTW, we were up by 19 and there was roughly 10 to go. "Shut ze **** up 'Arry"!!!!

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Off topic but the 2015 Prelim against the Roosters is that for me. The atmosphere was amazing. Having Port curse at me in Dutch for saying "We're going to the GF boys" before the end of the game was a definite highlight. BTW, we were up by 19 and there was roughly 10 to go. "Shut ze **** up 'Arry"!!!!
That game was amazing. We were on fire from the very first minute. The full-time siren is still my avatar 6 years later.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Paul Green has axed Alex Corvo from the Queensland staff.

His replacement is Andrew Croll, who was the Cowboys strength and conditioning coach in 2015, and is currently the Broncos head of performance.

Article mentions that Alex Corvo is also back working with the Broncos as the athletic performance coach of the elite development pathways squad.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

His replacement is Andrew Croll, who was the Cowboys strength and conditioning coach in 2015, and is currently the Broncos head of performance.

Article mentions that Alex Corvo is also back working with the Broncos as the athletic performance coach of the elite development pathways squad.
Good news for the titans and warriors

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

We have a head of performance? And someone else actually wants that person to work for them?

What the **** is going on with Rugby League?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Its quite comical the uproar about JT13 coming out and wanting to play for QLD. I think those grubs in blue are forgetting they have had plenty of Tongans, Samoans, Welsh, and Queenslanders in their filthy blue shirt. They are probably worried that if they cant beat the worst side in QLD history they have no chance if we add the worlds best forward into the mix.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Its quite comical the uproar about JT13 coming out and wanting to play for QLD. I think those grubs in blue are forgetting they have had plenty of Tongans, Samoans, Welsh, and Queenslanders in their filthy blue shirt. They are probably worried that if they cant beat the worst side in QLD history they have no chance if we add the worlds best forward into the mix.

Did Aussie James Tamou ever get that Aussie passport?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Eh, I'd rather not have JT13. I didn't want to see SBW playing for the Blues so same applies here. I wonder how many of those outraged by JT13 wanted to see SBW playing for NSW though?

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Eh, I'd rather not have JT13. I didn't want to see SBW playing for the Blues so same applies here. I wonder how many of those outraged by JT13 wanted to see SBW playing for NSW though?

Totally agree. Watching the outclassed QLD underdogs steal the series last year rates amongst the best ever for mine. It was only recently they tightened up the criteria to prevent more Inglis situations etc...don't dilute it again, please!!!

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Painin the Haas
  • marw
  • Locky24
  • HVbronco
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.