Geoff Carr should build a bridge..

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
.. and get over it. FFS this is ridiculous. He's such a wanker who has it in for Israel Folau. **** Geoff get over it, he's going to get a big pay day then he'll be back.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ugby-league-side/story-e6frf3ou-1225939966801

Israel Folau might be the AFL's $3 million poster boy but the ARL will rule that he cannot become a trainer for the Tonga league side.

The ARL, in conjunction with the International Rugby League board, will this week step in and ban Folau from becoming an official Tongan trainer in the Test against Samoa at Parramatta Stadium.

Tongan assistant coach and adviser Peter Pulou said that Folau would "run the water" in the Test match, which is a curtain-raiser to Australia's Four Nations clash against Papua New Guinea.

However, ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said Folau had chosen to defect to the AFL and would not be permitted to be part of Tonga's management team.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I disagree with you Je$ter.

Yes, I think Geoff Carr should build a bridge....but he should then jump off it.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
He's a dick. Who is he, a member of the ARL, telling Tonga what to do?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Russo, Rock: what possible harm could it do for Folau to give Tonga a bit of assistance? He's not playing for them. He's not getting any adulation for it. He's giving something back to Tongan rugby league before he goes.

Where is the negative? Seriously?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Because he's a fagboy AFL player now. If he wants to be a water boy for Tonga then he should have stayed in league.

:roll:

Talk about being petty.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Nobody forced him to sign with the AFL. There were always going to be repercussions, and now he has to deal with them.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lol oh yeah, huge consequences right there. Defect from league and you will lose your waterboy privileges.

The big bad NRL doesn't take shit from anyone [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Quite a petulant move from the ARL.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Yes, I can understand why you're so upset about it. I too was looking forward to an exciting display of Israel's talents, pushed to the maximum on an international stage as he... hands water bottles to players.
I guess I'll have to wait for his AFL debut. Maybe he'll even drink some of the water himself! Omg can you imagine?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes, cause that is what angers me about this story, not getting to see Folau hand out water bottles.

Totes devo.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
I can tell mate. Try to be strong. You'll get through this. I'm sure their replacement water runner will be up to the job.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
LOL, if the AFL were going to use Folau running the water as a newsworthy story then they are really in trouble.

Let the boy run the water ffs.

If anything the NRL could use it against the AFL..... "look AFL player runs water for NRL 2nd rate team..lolz"...but Geoff Carr is stupid.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
mrslong said:
LOL, if the AFL were going to use Folau running the water as a newsworthy story then they are really in trouble.

Let the boy run the water ffs.

If anything the NRL could use it against the AFL..... "look AFL player runs water for NRL 2nd rate team..lolz"...but Geoff Carr is stupid.
My thoughts exactly, WTF? [eusa_doh

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What about this guy I know,hes involved in his kids soccer team and hes a season ticket holder for the Broncos, should he be banned from attending either? Or what about my Physio, he works on that Aussie Gymnast Thomas Pichler but also is the Physio for the Aussie softball team...OMG massive conflict of interest. Oh oh and the worse, amate of mine is a AFL umpire in the local comps...but get this he runs water for his kids u13 Rugby League team..OMG he should be shot.

Bloody stupid way of trying to get a point across Carr. Isn't he stilled contracted to the NRL till Nov anyway. And wouldn'tit be illegal anyway?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Why does the ARL have any control over what other nations do?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
They don't, but the head of the International Rugby League Board, Colin Love, does everything that Carr and the NSWRL tell him to do. :roll:

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • sooticus
  • marw
  • simplythebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.