goodbye Tony 'Spinger' Spencer

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I think we should take a moment to say thanks for all the amazing work that Tony 'Springer' Spencer has done for our club since day 1.

Although he's not leaving, he won't be an on-field trainer any more.

Good work Tony and thanks.

Been a big part of the club for sometime now and it's a shame to see him moved on but I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

Should have sprayed Gelling with a water bottle as he was walking off the field.

He has been a wonderful servant of the club ... i wish him all the best in his new role ...

Springer hasn't been on-field FAO for a few seasons. He will still be strapping, he isn't retiring he just can't treat first aid on the field unless you're medically trained.

He will still do Broncos and Origin.

Why don't they teach him first aid?

You reportedly have to be a qualified physio...

That is not only hard to get into, but takes at least 4 years to complete

As supercoach WB stated over the weekend, Springer has been a wonderful servant to the club over the past couple of decades.

I think i speak on behalf of all supporters when i say, let us raise a glass to Tony and bid you a very fond farewell and thankyou for all your efforts!

Why don't they teach him first aid?

There is nothing you could teach him about First Aid, but rules say you now need to be medically trained to be first person to a player. Springer isn't going to go and do his degree at his age.

You reportedly have to be a qualified physio...

That is not only hard to get into, but takes at least 4 years to complete

There is nothing you could teach him about First Aid, but rules say you now need to be medically trained to be first person to a player. Springer isn't going to go and do his degree at his age.

Right. I thought the only issue was that trainers needed to know first aid.

Last edited:
Tony's a quality man and has earned plenty of respect from everybody he has worked with at the club, and its guys like Tone that put the heart and soul into a club.
Thanks to him for his outstanding service and loyalty to the club.

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • marw
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.