Grand final judiciary

People saying it 'isn't his go'. He has form.

He's done this shit before. This is one example.

Billy Slater has for his entire rules twisted the rules to suit him. I mean, this is a **** that as of last week, was still jumping to take a ball, and flinging his boots out to stop anyone from tackling him.

I really hate this love him because he's a QLD player shit too. They should sit him down for the final, so he has the rest of his life to remember that being a grubby **** his entire career, backfired on him for the most important game of his career.

You are my spirit animal.

Has Boyd been charged with one this week?
Nope, but it was part of the argument that was used earlier that I'm awaiting proof of. It was previously used as a comparison and if they were the same and Boyd got away with it then so should Slater. I obviously don't think they were the same but to be fair, I am not entirely sure if SF and I were talking about the same shoulder charge or hip bump and I've been waiting for a response for a while now.

Billy Slater has for his entire rules twisted the rules to suit him. I mean, this is a **** that as of last week, was still jumping to take a ball, and flinging his boots out to stop anyone from tackling him.

I really hate this love him because he's a QLD player shit too. They should sit him down for the final, so he has the rest of his life to remember that being a grubby **** his entire career, backfired on him for the most important game of his career.
That’s what I think. Remember when he would slide his feet, essentially kicking dudes when he was trying to save a try. **** him.

Nope, but it was part of the argument that was used earlier that I'm awaiting proof of. It was previously used as a comparison and if they were the same and Boyd got away with it then so should Slater. I obviously don't think they were the same but to be fair, I am not entirely sure if SF and I were talking about the same shoulder charge or hip bump and I've been waiting for a response for a while now.

I told you which game it was done in and who he did it to.

I think its a bit low in a grand final week they didnt bring the judicary forward to get this sorted.

I told you which game it was done in and who he did it to.
Surely there was another one because the one I found had no shoulder contact at all

Was it the one at around 7:20?

Last edited:
Surely there was another one because the one I found had no shoulder contact at all

No shoulder contact at all?

What the **** are you watching?

No shoulder contact at all?

What the **** are you watching?
Are you for real? I see forearm and the hip. The shoulder was above Manu the entire time as he was bent over and Boyd was upright. Please, use your skills to show me a still shot where the shoulder, not the upper arm or any other part of the arm, makes contact with Manu in that tackle.

Last edited:

That's not even close to a shoulder charge. There's no way they can use those two side by said and say they're remotely comparable.

Arm tucked in, leading in with the shoulder, contact made with upper arm/shoulder = shoulder charge.

Vlcsnap 2018 09 24 12h55m16s196

I am not a huge Billy fan, but putting aside my feelings, it would be a shame for a legend to miss a GF in his retirement year

That said, rules is rules, and he must be rubbed out

THAT said, this is the NRL and he will be free to play, because you know, Billy

Since the rule was strengthened 4/5 cases that fight the charge have been successful.

Taumalolo on Glenn was the only suspension.

That’s pretty good odds.

SEPTEMBER 22, 2018

THE brother of the late James Ackerman, the footballer tragically killed three years ago as the result of a shoulder charge, has issued a powerful warning to NRL boss Todd Greenberg: “Billy Slater should miss the grand final”.

In heartfelt message posted on Facebook, Andrew Ackerman also hit out at Channel 9 commentators Phil Gould and Andrew Johns, claiming they have “no hearts in their bodies”.

The retiring Melbourne superstar has received some high profile support as to why he should be allowed to play in Sunday night’s decider against the Sydney Roosters.

But Andrew Ackerman was adamant Slater’s tackle on Cronulla’s Sosaia Feki was a shoulder charge.

And he warned Greenberg if Slater was not suspended “there is going to be a lot of unhappy people out there. And every one of my family members like me will be voicing their opinion”.

“Once again, when the shoulder charge comes into play this bloke right here (he pointed to a picture of James) is mentioned,” Andrew said.

“Now he is dead as the result of a shoulder charge.”

He said he was “sick” of his family having to relive the pain.

“I want to swear. I want to scream. I want to break something,” he continued.

“But I am not that type of bloke. I am not a keyboard warrior. I want to get on here, show my face and show my feelings.

“Now Billy Slater should be found guilty. I know there was no malice nor intent to hurt in this tackle. No one was injured. But a shoulder charge was used.”

He said nowhere in the definition of a shoulder charge did it say “that if a player is going to play his last game in a grand final he should be let off”.

“I just want to point out that I have no hate towards Billy Slater or the Melbourne Storm,” he added.

“My hate and my family’s hate is for the shoulder charge, whether it be minimal, medium or very bad.

“So this is a stern warning to the NRL and Todd Greenberg … let’s just hope you make the right decision. Or someone, whoever is on the judiciary, makes the right decision.”

Active Now

• Tmac
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • achievedrap
  • Lozza
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.