Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I thought 2014 was Copley's good year. He scored 17 tries that year didn't he

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
You missed out on Hunt's best years. Unless you started watching in 2015.

2014, Hunt was unstoppable. There wasn't a defence out there that could contain him when he was in form. It was beautiful to watch.

Unfortunately, his supporting half didn't help him much. And the rest of the back line apart from Hodgo and maybe Copley were stinking the joint up.

But then you also missed out on the agony of watching Yow Yeh's career cut short and us struggle to replace him.

How much different would life be with JYY. What a gun player who would have been happy to stay at wing just to play for Brisbane instead of the rest who start crying because they're not FB or a half...

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
How much different would life be with JYY. What a gun player who would have been happy to stay at wing just to play for Brisbane instead of the rest who start crying because they're not FB or a half...

Don't do it to yourself man. Hurts too much...

He would have been one of our all-time greats.

061ang

BRL Player
Sep 2, 2016
You missed out on Hunt's best years. Unless you started watching in 2015.

2014, Hunt was unstoppable. There wasn't a defence out there that could contain him when he was in form. It was beautiful to watch.

Unfortunately, his supporting half didn't help him much. And the rest of the back line apart from Hodgo and maybe Copley were stinking the joint up.

But then you also missed out on the agony of watching Yow Yeh's career cut short and us struggle to replace him.

I did watch some games that 2014 year when Barba came. He was the guy I was watching the most because of the expectation after his incredible Bulldogs yeah. Hard to imagine Hunt killing it like you described, would've been great to see.

I did watch Yow Yeh back then and remember watching that game he hurt himself. I flicked it on now and then but always knew JYY and Hodges were monsters. Sad thinking about what could've been with JYY

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I've got a good one here - A guy with herpes legacy lives on in his ex parter.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I did watch some games that 2014 year when Barba came. He was the guy I was watching the most because of the expectation after his incredible Bulldogs yeah. Hard to imagine Hunt killing it like you described, would've been great to see.

I did watch Yow Yeh back then and remember watching that game he hurt himself. I flicked it on now and then but always knew JYY and Hodges were monsters. Sad thinking about what could've been with JYY

Remember when he made benji fly?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Highlight for me in Griffin's career was when he finally had enough of Peter Wallace and told him to hit the bricks.
Pity that was a long time coming.

Cruel irony that Griffin was subsequently sacked and through lack of other choices, ended up at the Panthers where Wallace was now playing at.

Credit to Hook that he was able to wring a bit more life out of the useless red-headed sped.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As good as Kahu is, I'd give anything to have JYY on that wing for us, he was on track to be the best winger of all time.

No, it isn't an outlandish statement, it is the truth because he could do things in attack and defense other wingers could only dream of.

The closest thing we have now is Radradra but JYY was even better and at such a young age.

Clanga

Clanga

Apr 13, 2014
Griffen's legacy = Cowboys premiership (maybe two). Any decent rugby league follower could see that Jake Granville was a potential premiership hooker. He was lucky to get 10min on the field with the Broncos.
Griffen was too loyal to players who were not delivering. These players appeared to take advantage of this favouritism by not putting it all on the line for our great club. For example, Sam T always played better for qld than he did for the Broncos. Bennett sorted that real quick.
Griffin now appears to have a harder edge and this will make him a better coach. Only needs a premierships to build reputation otherwise bullies like moylan and his powerful mates will bring him down

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Griffen's legacy = Cowboys premiership (maybe two). Any decent rugby league follower could see that Jake Granville was a potential premiership hooker. He was lucky to get 10min on the field with the Broncos.
Griffen was too loyal to players who were not delivering. These players appeared to take advantage of this favouritism by not putting it all on the line for our great club. For example, Sam T always played better for qld than he did for the Broncos. Bennett sorted that real quick.
Griffin now appears to have a harder edge and this will make him a better coach. Only needs a premierships to build reputation otherwise bullies like moylan and his powerful mates will bring him down
I don't really think Griffin has changed that much when talking about his tactics.

- He seems unable to bring peachey into line about his propensity to hog the ball and go himself instead of using mansour... but continues to pick him. Same issue with hiku before he got injured.
- He still has a guy on the bench who gets less than 10mins a game... currently has 2 in Katoa and Akualo??/Kikau/etc.
- Despite Merrin being one of his most effective players he has cut his minutes to 60 and seems to be very reluctant to move away from it.
- He forced Seggy out if the club to compensate PWall

They're not all associated with favourite players, etc. But it does show he is still very stubborn and almost refuses to deviate away from his original plans regardless of results

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Panthers and Canberra actually have damn good squads, but are brought down by the shitty coaches.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Panthers and Canberra actually have damn good squads, but are brought down by the shitty coaches.

I will (probably rightly) get panned for this but...could you say there is an argument about that with Brisbane at present in terms of Bennett's tactics (not man management)?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Cartwright at 6 (shades of Hoffman) and Wallace over Rein at hooker this season was CLASSIC Griffin. Their attack looked so much better when Wallace was injured IMO. Carty has a lot of potential, and would probably be better for their attack than Yeo (who was only good running off short ball from Moylan, which teams worked out to be Moylan's only trick in attack) or CHN, but he should be in the 2nd row only.

EDIT: Didn't Penrith have the worst attack in the league? That's a disgrace given their weapons. Merrin made a YUGE mistake signing with Penrith over us, I wonder if he realises it?

I will (probably rightly) get panned for this but...could you say there is an argument about that with Brisbane at present in terms of Bennett's tactics (not man management)?

Can we have two coaches? Have Walters as the head coach after Wayne's contract runs out, with Bennett, still an official coach, the man manager and off field guy. It would ease his work load down as well, which he might want at his age. Wayne gets to wind down and get rewards if we win prems, and Walters gets to have Wayne around to help him ease into head coaching and deal with players on a personal level.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Mehh....people keep saying that year after year.

Both teams have been pretty much derping it up for the last decade.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
His legacy does still live on....the bench ...the bloody bench. We still can't get that right. If I see another young player take off a clean jersey (fai springs to mind) .... is there another nrl club that consistently carries a winger on its interchange? Can't think of one

Unread

Active Now

• The Don
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Accept
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncos4life
  • MrRobot
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Griffo
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.