NEWS Haas martyred

On face value, the punishment seems lenient. Considering Pearce got 8 weeks for his drunken antics, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Haas cop a similar range and face at least six weeks on the sidelines. Now I think under Greenberg they actually expressed some regret over the Pearce suspension and expressed those when they were announcing their stand-down policies, so that may have saved the Broncos and Haas.

In the wider context when you compare it to a Brent Naden situation it seems stiff. Naden was handed a four-week suspension for ingesting cocaine and fined $5000 for breaching biosecurity protocols but was allowed to serve that suspension in December. If that had have been the first four weeks of the competition then there wouldn't be any issues.

It's a blow for the Broncos, but they could potentially turn it into a blessing. If there is one position they have some depth in, it's prop forward and it may give the likes of Lodge/Flegler/Carrigan/Pangai Jr/Bullemor etc. some extra motivation knowing they'll have more opportunities in the middle.
Are they able to count the trial games in the suspension?

If you want to listen to some bullshit reporters 😂payne I know you are going bloke, but you are going to take some time off alcohol as it it's clear that's when the trouble starts😂😂😂like who are you?

If you want to listen to some bullshit reporters 😂payne I know you are going bloke, but you are going to take some time off alcohol as it it's clear that's when the trouble starts😂😂😂like who are you?

Goodness me, you are right. What stupid questions!

Articles in both major Sydney papers that the NRL are looking favourably at letting Flanagan come back early.

only really means anything if a clubs fires their coach and they want Flanagan to coach during the 2021 season. which would be unusual. new coaches rarely start in the same season their predecessor is fired.

Flanagan is allowed to be head coach next year anyway

only really means anything if a clubs fires their coach and they want Flanagan to coach during the 2021 season. which would be unusual. new coaches rarely start in the same season their predecessor is fired.

John morris would be feeling nervous right now not that he deserves too

Last edited:

You don’t think Dragons or Sharks would sign him in a heart beat if they go 0 and 10 or something?

You don’t think Dragons or Sharks would sign him in a heart beat if they go 0 and 10 or something?

Dragons, unlikely ... they just signed a new coach. extremely rare to be fired in year one.

Sharks maybe, but the likelihood is a caretaker coach until the end of the season (which is what normally happens when a coach is fired).

at 0-10 your season is pretty much over anyway

Fair out, what a ghee up. This kid said some dumb shit and he’s getting a worse spray by the media than guys like Hayne or Pearce.

Well handled again by Kev.

Very doubtful Griffin is getting moved on so early, especially as they're basically re-shaping their roster right now to accommodate the guys he wants. Last year I'd have said it was odds on for Flanagan to end up there, but now they've bit the bullet on Hook I think it's next to no chance any time soon.

Sharks are probably the club with the most contentious Coaching position going into 2021 but I think Flanagan's history there would likely count against him. I'm not certain, but I have a mate who is fairly involved with the Sharks and he certainly feels there isn't a great appetite anywhere within the club or even really within the fan base to go back to Flanagan given the fallout from his time there. As you said, going 0-10 might certainly change their tune, but at this stage I'd say it's not hugely likely.

I'll throw one club out there that I'd reckon virtually no one has considered but they are very likely going to be in the market for a Coach shortly and would probably be prepared to wear the pressure and stigma around Flanagan because they're no stranger to it themselves - Melbourne.

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.