Hodges Status?

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
There has been plenty of talk about the likes of Milford, DCE and Smith as well as injury status reports on JYY but I have not seen anything on how Hodges rehab is going and what his current status is? Any word would be appreciated. I think it is fair to say that prior to injury he was the best Bronco last year along side Parker. Hopefully he has another year or two in him.

He himself is hopeful to be ready for Round 1. Apparently doing very well. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He is pushing hard for round 1 but realistically look for sometime after round 4

Round 1 is the most optimistic outlook imaginable. They won't rush him back just for the sake of the first five rounds. I'm predicting Round 4 or 5.

Round 1 is the most optimistic outlook imaginable. They won't rush him back just for the sake of the first five rounds. I'm predicting Round 4 or 5.

Totally agree. Especially now that we actually have good quality depth in the backline, they won't bring him back until his 100%

I'll predict around origin time at the earliest, he may be travelling well with it, but it doesn't change the fact that he's old and has had numerous leg injuries before.

i wouldnt unnecessarily risk him but they said two weeks ago he was doing full training/full sprint work already so he must be going well.

From what I hear he will be back playing in the early rounds around week 5

Patience is pretty paramount as all you have to do is look at Kobe Bryant. Comes back early and doesn't re-injure his achilles but hurts his knee which may be the result of compensation. Anyway, lets hope this year is less injury plagued than last.

Yeah, I wouldn't rush him. I still have memories of Lockyer trying to rush himself in 2008, and he just kept missing more and more games (though he also had some amazing moments that year too). Besides, it would give someone like Copley or Vidot or whatever a chance to prove themselves. I'm actually very keen on seeing how Copley would go in the centres.

Yeah, I wouldn't rush him. I still have memories of Lockyer trying to rush himself in 2008, and he just kept missing more and more games (though he also had some amazing moments that year too). Besides, it would give someone like Copley or Vidot or whatever a chance to prove themselves. I'm actually very keen on seeing how Copley would go in the centres.

Completely agree. I would love to see what Copley can do with a few games in a row at centre. Also, hodgo can't have too many more years left in him so it would be a good opportunity to see if we have his replacement (vidot, Copley, Oates, yow yeh, kahu etc.) already with us or if we need to look elsewhere

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.