Hunts Kicking game.

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Hey Guys,

Watching the panthers v broncos game. It is amazing how better Sowards kicking game is then Hunt.

This is the part of his game he needs to break into the top tier of halves.

Where does he really need to improve?

His entire kicking game is below par, all he can do is bomb it up, and even that isn't always accurate.

Next time Melbourne have a charity auction, we need to buy Cronk's boots, resize them and give them Hunt.

About 20% of his kicks are golden, about 60% are average or below average and the other 20% are shithouse. It's probably his worst area.

He needs work but luckily Sowards kicking wasnt great either.
Hunts long kick got us out of trouble. We had to work out of our own half a lot so he didn't get too many opportunities to kick otherwise.

We missed Sammy tonight, funny saying that now isn't it.

With Milford as his halves partner we're kind of stuck with this.

In terms of Hunt, he needs to learn control. Just have him watch Cooper Cronk over and over and observe how Cronk controls the game with his kicks.

Something needs to be done about it. He is an amazing player when he runs the ball but his kicking is the worst of any halfback in the comp

To be fair I don't think the forwards made it easy for him.

Did we score after Soward stuffed his touch finder?

LOL ....yeah Hunt would be so much a better kicker if Milford was at fullback.

My point is out of our halves and fullback, Hunt is the only one who can produce long kicks, so defences know where to swarm.

On replay Moylan had more time than Hunt. McCullough's pass hung in the air and didnt give Hunt much time.

I've seen him put in some really good kicks. I actually think his biggest problem is kick selection when in an attacking position.

Every time we get into the 40 he puts up a bomb. Good option when you have a winger like Yow Yeh ... But when you have our current wingers, you need to try other options.

Hunt had plenty of time to nail that field goal.

That was unforgivable.

Honestly, they need to give that responsibility to Macca. Or perhaps Bennett needs to do what Cleary did with Moylan..

Last edited:
Hunt had plenty of time to nail that field goal.

That was unforgivable.

Honestly, they need to give that responsibility to Macca. Or perhaps Bennett needs to do what Cleary did with Moylan..

And he knew it. He was filthy with himself. For mine, it was one of those ones where it's almost too easy and you just screw it. Thankfully he made up for it. He stuffed his disappointment deep down and let it fester until the right time and unleashed it as an Oates-seeking missile of a short pass. Yeah. Still buzzing.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Spoon
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • broncotville
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • jd87
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncs30
  • Aldo
  • achievedrap
  • cento
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.