If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it be?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For me it would probably be Cam Smith or Billy Slater. Best hooker in the game (and quite frankly, the best I've ever seen) and the best fullback in the game.

What about you guys?

I decided to exclude halfbacks and 5/8's as that's clearly a position which would have dominated this discussion otherwise.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

Definitely Billy Slater. With a guy like him it wouldn't even matter if the halves weren't top notch. He makes stuff happen himself.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

Cam Smith without a doubt. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

Lockyer year 2006 ;)

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012

Stu Kelly.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Greg Inglis.

The guy can create stuff out of nowhere. Fixes the fullback and Hodges replacement issue in one fell swoop.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

Jamie Lyon. Just to be different from everyone else.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Cam Smith, without him the Storm are a lesser side.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

James Tamou

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Cam Smith without a doubt. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Greg Inglis.

The guy can create stuff out of nowhere. Fixes the fullback and Hodges replacement issue in one fell swoop.

Good choices and really hard to pick between the two. I'll go Smith because of his ability to make ordinary players shine and because of his durability.

No matter how great GI is........there's always the worry about him with injuries.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Scott Anderson, oh wait is this if you could have any other club sign a player from your club who would it be?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009

Cameron Smith.
Tempted to name a player who could fix a position that we are weaker in (like FB), but hard to go past Smith.

Could even play him in the halves..

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

GI.

I have faith in Macca, don't have the same faith in our backs.

GI would make us genuine premiership contenders.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Cameron Smith because he's the best hooker of all time and the best player in the game.
Greg Inglis would be next.
Tamou or Scott would be 3rd/4th.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

I have faith in Macca, don't have the same faith in our backs.

Good point, Smith wouldn't change lack of creativity from the coach and ball playing from the backs.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

I reckon the absense of a quality all-round fullback at the Broncos is equally as troubling as the uncertainty in the halves.

With that in mind.. either Slater or Inglis for sure.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Paul Gallen. The best forward I have seen play the game and if there is anyone who bleeds for his club, state and country its Gallen.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.