If you were broncos coach

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You realise there are levels of problems that contribute to our losses? Not being able to wrestle well enough was one, always ending up on our backs was another. No halfback to lead us around and kicking the ball twenty metres on the last so the opposition started their set of six at halfway. Most of these lead to us being on the back foot more so than a fullback that was slow and sometimes didn't put his body on the line. The actual problems that lose us games are glossed over so people can have their scapegoat.

I went away for a while because this place is on par with the LU forum in regards to the circle jerk of a few posters repeating their shitty opinions over and over and over and over. The very few people who have an idea of coaching a sport and notice what needs to be changed are an asset to this forum but the armchair professionals who have absolutely no idea are ruining it for the rest of us. That's you by the way, and @I bleed Maroon as well. The two of you should go back to the Facebook comment section where you belong. BronxNation might be a better fit for you. They love shitty opinions being repeated over there.
Are you sure you're not confusing "people who have and idea of coaching a sport" with people who agree with you, or with whom you agree?

Regardless, no matter how much of an idea people have about coaching a sport, they are entitled to voice their "shitty opinion" here, including yours.

Speaking of, discuss said opinion, not its author.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Honestly don't think we should change up to much atm , obviously 7 and 9 is an issue but we don't have anything better. I don't think moving isaako to fullback is in his best interests, he needs confidence. I think we need to suck it up for a few more rounds, get some confidence back playing some lower teams and go from there. I think our go forward , ball possession and handling is what we need to get right.

The cowboys game showed we can play footy but the other 3 possession has been a biggest issue, so fix that and see if things change.

!!!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I still think quite a few of you are going off very early with the doom and gloom posts, and the season is over BS. Lots of water to pass under the bridge this season.

What you are seeing is the first test of Seibold's coaching mettle. Why don't we just sit back and see what he does to address the situation.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
You realise there are levels of problems that contribute to our losses? Not being able to wrestle well enough was one, always ending up on our backs was another. No halfback to lead us around and kicking the ball twenty metres on the last so the opposition started their set of six at halfway. Most of these lead to us being on the back foot more so than a fullback that was slow and sometimes didn't put his body on the line. The actual problems that lose us games are glossed over so people can have their scapegoat.

I went away for a while because this place is on par with the LU forum in regards to the circle jerk of a few posters repeating their shitty opinions over and over and over and over. The very few people who have an idea of coaching a sport and notice what needs to be changed are an asset to this forum but the armchair professionals who have absolutely no idea are ruining it for the rest of us. That's you by the way, and @I bleed Maroon as well. The two of you should go back to the Facebook comment section where you belong. BronxNation might be a better fit for you. They love shitty opinions being repeated over there.
Wow, talk about holier than thou.

Like my previous post, I’m going to ignore the majority of your dribble and focus on the main point in all of this.

Somehow, despite the crap he’s been dishing up regularly over the last 18 months, you still find ways to overlook Boyd’s repeated poor efforts, awful leadership and general petulant attitude and would prefer to deflect just about all criticism directed his way.

It’s truly remarkable.

As for your remark about circle jerks; well people who live in glass houses.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Are you sure you're not confusing "people who have and idea of coaching a sport" with people who agree with you, or with whom you agree?

Regardless, no matter how much of an idea people have about coaching a sport, they are entitled to voice their "shitty opinion" here, including yours.

Speaking of, discuss said opinion, not its author.
Not sure if you've noticed but these blokes have been calling me out all day while I was sitting the conversation out and nothing about discussing the poster has been said to them. But I guess that's to be expected

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Wow, talk about holier than thou.

Like my previous post, I’m going to ignore the majority of your dribble and focus on the main point in all of this.

Somehow, despite the crap he’s been dishing up regularly over the last 18 months, you still find ways to overlook Boyd’s repeated poor efforts, awful leadership and general petulant attitude and would prefer to deflect just about all criticism directed his way.

It’s truly remarkable.

As for your remark about circle jerks; well people who live in glass houses.
I have never once overlooked it. I have said numerous times that he's not up to par but when posters continuously repeat that he has been the major problem without bringing up our real major problems, I have argued against them. Saying others deserve criticism and that things weren't entirely Boyds fault does not mean I'm deflecting anything. We've gone through this before but what is truely remarkable is how you geniuses see what you want to see in regards to my posts.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Not sure if you've noticed but these blokes have been calling me out all day while I was sitting the conversation out and nothing about discussing the poster has been said to them. But I guess that's to be expected
I've replied to the last post in the exchange.

The first part was directed at you, and that last remark was for "all the people who do or do not have an idea about coaching a sport", not just you.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I have never once overlooked it. I have said numerous times that he's not up to par but when posters continuously repeat that he has been the major problem without bringing up our real major problems, I have argued against them. Saying others deserve criticism and that things weren't entirely Boyds fault does not mean I'm deflecting anything. We've gone through this before but what is truely remarkable is how you geniuses see what you want to see in regards to my posts.
Fair dinkum, that’ll do me.

Talk about hypocritical.

Go back and read the posts in this thread between you and I if you want an example of people only seeing what they want to see.

Hell, you’re still doing it now.

I did not, I repeat, did not say Boyd was the only problem. I just recognise, and have for some time, that he is a big part of it. Like it or not, he is the captain and has more responsibility for team culture than any other player yet has one of, if not, the worst attitudes when it comes to effort, leadership and never giving up.

That effects the whole team and a lot of the problems you’ve mentioned are absolutely valid, but likewise, come down to attitude. When you look around and see your captain folding like a deck chair, I can’t imagine that is very inspiring. Particularly for young players, which this team is full of.

And another thing, my god, stop it with the victim crap, no one “called you out”. You’re first 2 posts in this thread were in your typical uppity fashion condemning the views of anyone that didn’t share the same opinion as you.

Maybe people might take you more seriously if you stop holding yourself in such high esteem whilst labelling anyone who disagrees with you as “geniuses” with “thick skulls” who belong on “Bronxnation” and “Facebook comment sections”.

FFS, talk about prima donna.

You take thinly veiled swipes at people who you clearly think are inferior to you because they don’t share your view and then have the audacity to sook about it when people question your views.

EDIT: you know what, I’m more than happy to concede your opinion carries more weight than the regular poster if you can demonstrate to me your credentials that prove as much.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Guys, please don't make me ask again. Discuss the opinion, not its author!

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Assuming our missed tackles/ineffective (or in Boyds case clutch tackles) tackles are fixable. Oates and Isaako clean up their dick fingers. We could beat any team with the roster we have, in the players the position they are in.

If I was Siebold, I would emphasise tackling and defensive drills. Cut that 3rd tackle kick crap out.

In attack I would emphasis making the most of offloads and broken play. Seems like a lot of players just take a few too many seconds to start capitilzing and that offload advantage only nets us a few meters instead of line breaks.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'd take any of Milford, Bird and Nikorima over Isaako until he at least learns to catch.
And organise a defense, and select when to pass, who to pass to, to run or kick, none of which he is even close to equal any of those guys.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
To be honest, I'll admit I don't really know anything about how fullbacks organise the defence, how it's judged etc. It's not as obvious as attack I guess. So I dunno if Boyd is any good at it or not. I dunno if Isaako would be any good at it either.

But Isaako was arguably our worst player alongside Oates on Thursday, and arguably our worst all season, so we can't reward him with a fullback spot.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Lostboy
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.