OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Lodge is gone from our cap. We paid him out last year. Ikins first piece of good dealings
That’s not how it works. It just means we don’t have to physically pay him anymore, he still is attributed to our cap space. You can’t just pay someone off in advance so their cap space doesn’t exist in the future everyone would do it. Nice way of thinking about it though but the salary cap would become ineffective and useless. Rich clubs would succeed cause they would pay 3 years in 1 year and get them for 2 years for nothing plus someone else with the free’d up space. Doesn’t happen and will never happen.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
That’s not how it works. It just means we don’t have to physically pay him anymore, he still is attributed to our cap space. You can’t just pay someone off in advance so their cap space doesn’t exist in the future everyone would do it. Nice way of thinking about it though but the salary cap would become ineffective and useless. Rich clubs would succeed cause they would pay 3 years in 1 year and get them for 2 years for nothing plus someone else with the free’d up space. Doesn’t happen and will never happen.
But if you paid 3 years in one year, wouldn't you stuff yourself up for that one year?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
But if you paid 3 years in one year, wouldn't you stuff yourself up for that one year?
Well first let’s make it clear that you can’t do that. But yes and that’s the exact point of why it won’t or can’t happen. @mitch222 can’t seriously think that all that was attributed to last years salary cap. Well at least I hope he didn’t. But you can’t just boost all this cash external from the salary cap to benefit your side. Doesn’t work like that.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Well first let’s make it clear that you can’t do that. But yes and that’s the exact point of why it won’t or can’t happen. @mitch222 can’t seriously think that all that was attributed to last years salary cap. Well at least I hope he didn’t. But you can’t just boost all this cash external from the salary cap to benefit your side. Doesn’t work like that.
So as a theoretical scenario, if you had a player on a 3 year deal for 100k per year, but you wanted to get rid of him a year early. Could you not 'pay him out' by redoing the contract so it's year 1 = 100k, year 2 =200k, and therefore free up our cap space for year 3?

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
Titans to turn him back into an absolute gun for the rest of the year before he recesses at the Dolphins.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Titans to turn him back into an absolute gun for the rest of the year before he recesses at the Dolphins.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats
He's got the ability and effort, he just needs a good teacher to implement some smarts and game awareness.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
So as a theoretical scenario, if you had a player on a 3 year deal for 100k per year, but you wanted to get rid of him a year early. Could you not 'pay him out' by redoing the contract so it's year 1 = 100k, year 2 =200k, and therefore free up our cap space for year 3?
I am fairly sure you can't redo/sign the same contract again 2 years later because you want to benefit. Can't just keep adding variables and stipulations to contracts after it's been signed unless you signed a new contract which you just wouldn't be allowed to do. Even than I don't think you would be able to front end a 3 year minimum wage contract from the beginning anyway as you would need to still pay them the minimum salary in the final year. But let's say that the minimum wage didn't exist you would have to state it and the player would have to agree to it when originally signing the contract at the start of year 1. Neither party would know then they don't want them for the final year otherwise it would be a 2 year deal or their would be an option in a parties favour (or mutual option). Its complex shit and clear to see how clubs get away with cheating for so long. I feel like half the shit I'm typing no longer makes sense as a result of how confused I have made myself as well as the fact that I feel like I have mis-interpreted what your trying to ask.

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
Yeah but you guys would need to be a good club and be respected for that to happen first, neither of which is the case.

How’s that development of Fifita going?
I like to think of it as him wanting to come and learn off some of the games greatest FB's in Brimmo and Campbell.

Never saw Fifita throw 20m cut outs at the Bronx so it's progressing... slowly. Next thing you know we've got him slotting in at 6 like former Titans great Bryce Cartwright!

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
I like to think of it as him wanting to come and learn off some of the games greatest FB's in Brimmo and Campbell.

Never saw Fifita throw 20m cut outs at the Bronx so it's progressing... slowly. Next thing you know we've got him slotting in at 6 like former Titans great Bryce Cartwright!
Could follow in the footsteps of titans great michael 'flash' gordon.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'll be sad to see Isaako go to be honest, i always liked the dude, seemed like a good human, and when he was on, he was great.
Wont miss his kick out on the full though.
How many times you reckon he did that?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.